SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

The front license plate in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-07, 10:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ac7228
I went to the police station that the ticket was issued from and they said i need to fill it out as I am the registered owner.

My friend was driving the car at the time and the ticket was sent to me. I wanted to see if I can keep him out of it but in the end, my friend just told me to fill in his info as it was too much trouble.

I wish I had known there was nothing they could do about it
must be isolated cases, since by law although you are the registered owner, they can't put you in that position. it's their job to find out who ran the redlight, not you. just think of it this way, if you went to the court yourself with the pic, the judge HAD to throw out the case, right? whoever cop told you that, he/she has no brain
Old 06-28-07, 08:52 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my SC430, I've gotten 2 no front plate tickets in busy areas where the place is crawling with metermaids like ants - downtown SF and berkeley. I've never gotten one where I live and in the boonies where my parents live. Now I take my daily driver when I go to those areas

I've gotten pulled over twice for no front plates...once in my SC300 (semi-fixed up) and once in my S2000 but never in my SC430. I'm guessing that it's because my other two cars were cop magnets.
Old 06-28-07, 12:18 PM
bfigard
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why fill in your wife's name on the camera ticket?!

Your spouse is one of the most sacred when it comes to incrimination on a crime. Courts will not make you testify against your spouse.

As an aside, if it was your mistress driving, tell the judge you plead the fifth (if adultery is illegal in your state).
Old 06-28-07, 11:07 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

The editor is very friendly. I contacted him about my potential ticket.
Old 07-06-07, 03:19 PM
marocchi
Rookie

When was the last time you saw a corvette with a front plate? I wonder if they get hassled?
Old 07-06-07, 03:32 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I never had an issue with cops for not having a front plate on. I live in busy Orange County and i've also gotten pulled over for speeding a few times. Cops didnt care that I didn't have a front plate.

Been driving around plateless for 9 years now.
Old 07-06-07, 03:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I never had an issue with cops for not having a front plate on. I live in busy Orange County and i've also gotten pulled over for speeding a few times. Cops didnt care that I didn't have a front plate.

Been driving around plateless for 9 years now.
that's coz' you are in OC go to LA and certain areas and we will see
Old 07-10-07, 08:51 AM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

just make sure you dont park at LAX. They go around ticketing cars that are parked overnight, and even the people that are there to pick up or drop off. its ridiculous...
Old 07-10-07, 09:52 AM
ixxkempaxx
Driver School Candidate

If you don't have a front license plate.. make sure you don't go to the Airport. Those poppo there are looking for people just to give us tickets. I got a ticket for no front license and my friends got a ticket for front window tinted..
Old 07-10-07, 02:56 PM
KSUFlasher
Rookie

Why not just leave the front plate on - why take it off?
Old 07-10-07, 08:33 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by KSUFlasher
Why not just leave the front plate on - why take it off?
In a word, V - A - N - I - T - Y

Ever notice that plain old Chevy or Hyundai owners usually have the front plate on, but once people get a Bimmer, Lexus or other 'more expensive than average' car they think no plate makes them look cooler? Wonder why?
Old 07-10-07, 08:55 PM
margaux01
Driver

IMO it's neither vanity nor the cool factor, it just look 'wounded' with the front plate
Old 07-10-07, 09:28 PM
PVlexus
Lead Lap

and from the dealership, there is no license plate frame or anything on the front. most people just throw the other one in their trunk...
Old 07-11-07, 08:47 AM
02Ku
Driver

Im located up in MN. Law here is that you need that front plate on, however, both my brother (he has a vette to answer Marocchi's comment) and I have never had one on any of our cars. We have been pulled over several times...get the tickets...and then go fight it. At least here theres a simple solution...just tell the judge that it fell off because the dealership installed it improperly and then show them a current picture with it on. Ive never paid a fine.

Now everytime ive gotten this ticket, i usually got another ticket as well that was harder to fight (speeding). So the main lesson, and it was said b4, is that the PD wont pull you over for something stupid like this unless they have a reason. Then you get hammered with every ticket (including tint). As you can tell, its happened to me one to many times.
Old 07-11-07, 01:44 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Unless you have a front lip spoiler, does it really make a difference? I never had front license plates on my cars in FL, and I dreaded having to put them on in TX. Now I have them on all 3 cars, and I don't even notice. Plus, no one has ever said "Wow, that would be a really nice car if it didn't have that front license plate."

Quick Reply: The front license plate in CA