SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Color confused newbie

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-02, 12:25 PM
dingo
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Color confused newbie

First poster here and am seriously shopping for a SC430 BUT the local dealer had only a red with saddle interior. The saddle looked too orange for me (sorta like a new basketball in color).

Does anyone know of any pics avail with a lot of different color combos? Specifically silver with ecru, red with ecru, Gold with any/all and amethyst with any/all. We live in SC near the beach and can't have the black interior so it looks like the ecru will have to be it..

Plus: Are runflats and the nav thingy now standard?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer and I hope to be able to contribute some experiences / converstion in the near future.

LOVE THE CAR!!
Old 01-14-02, 01:00 PM
Vancouver
Driver School Candidate

Check the Canadian site - Lexus.ca for a download of a brochure.
Old 01-15-02, 03:39 PM
SL730
Driver School Candidate

Millennium Silver and ecru looks gorgeous, really, best color mix possible, also metallic blue with ecru. You know, you could still pick up the black leather. It's so beautifull..black on black. The black on ecru is not so nice.
Old 01-15-02, 04:59 PM
dingo
Driver

A sales guy was trying to tell me about the Silver / Ecru and its hard to imagine... He also thought it looked classy.

I've got pics of the Red / Ecru and it looks nice..

The Blue also sounds good.

Its a no-go on the black though. I'd love to have the black but the wifey (who'll be the primary driver) nixed that..

Thanks!
Old 01-15-02, 07:16 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If I could throw in my 2 cents on the colour debate..

Since Ecru is gonna be your interior choice these exterior colours are the only ones I think look good with that interior..

Indigo Ink Pearl
White Gold Crystal
Twilight Amethyst Pearl

Honestly Millennium Silver only deserves Black in my opinion.. But like I said this is my 2 cents..

Any combination you go the vehicle is absolutely amazing and your wife plus yourself will LOVE it.. By all means tell us how it turns out for you!
Old 01-16-02, 01:26 PM
therocker
Rookie

I was somewhat skeptical about my silver/ecru choice, but now I must say I absolutely adore it! It just gets so many compliments. Sometimes when it is parked, I can just stare at it for hours. OK, maybe not hours.
Old 01-16-02, 03:15 PM
stevelaw
Driver

I originally ordered white with saddle interior, but when that wasn't available for another couple of months, took a silver/ecru. I've had it for 1 1/2 weeks and love it. The contrast between the black dash, light wood, and ecru interior is striking and an eye-catcher. My main concern is keeping it clean. Last weekend, some luggage in the back seat (aka the trunk) put a black mark on the light vinyl backing behind the headrest (next to the Lexus emblems). Fortunately it wiped off with a wet cloth.

During my trip last weekend (Tampa to Miami), I discovered another benefit of the SC430 - valet parking at the hotel kept the car parked under the covered area the the front door of the hotel (all others where driven to some mystery location requiring 10-15 minute wait for the car). Each time we walked out the door, the valet immediately knew us as "the Lexus people" and we had our car within 30 seconds.

I knew there would be other reasons to justify spending this much on a new car!!

Whatever color you pick, you'll love it.
Old 01-16-02, 03:27 PM
dingo
Driver

Thanks for the encouraging words on the Silver/Ecru combo. I've got to find one and see that puppy for myself!!

Oh, BTW, do any of you have any pictures of your cars (regardless of color) that you could post or email me?

My email: dingo@adelphia.net

TIA!!

Last edited by dingo; 01-16-02 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-16-02, 03:35 PM
Ex-XK8
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My 2 cents. We were originally looking for silver/ecru; thought it would look nice. We test drove a black/ecru demo. The ecru showed showed dirt looked really grungy. The dealer was great and showed us many different combinations. We finally settled on silver/black and couldn't be happier. The ecru looks nice clean, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to keep it that way.

Dave
Old 01-17-02, 01:58 PM
dingo
Driver

Thanks for the Pics!!

Sorry to hear about the Ecru being tuff to keep clean. I sure don't understand why only 3 interior colors!! Not even a grey or anything close..

Its looking doubtful about getting something the wifey will accept. Hope I can talk her into one of them... sigh!!
Old 01-17-02, 02:26 PM
BONLAW98
Driver School Candidate

I HAVE A BLACK/ECRU AND IT IS GORGEOUS. THE ONE THING I KNEW FOR SURE, BEFORE I SELECTED COLOR, WAS THE INTERIOR BECAUSE I LOVED THE WOOD - AND STILL DO.

DON'T BE INTIMIDATED - THE ECRU IS NOT ALL THAT DIFFICULT TO TAKE CARE OF. ONCE A MONTH I USE ZAINO LEATHER CLEANER AND EVERY OTHER MONTH USE THE LEATHER CONDITIONER.

I ALSO PUT CLEAR MATS ON THE FLOOR.

KEEP IN MIND I NO LONGER HAVE LITTLE KIDS TO SCHLEP AROUND. THAT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

ADORE THE CAR AND WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING.
Old 01-19-02, 06:10 PM
Erfan
Lexus Test Driver

Hi and welcome to the Club Lexus, hope you enjoy your stay here, there are a lot of nice people here and will help you alot. As for the color, my personal favorite is the black with chrome 19" wheels, the Nav and interior of the SC is very nice and plush, almost too good to sit in Please post a pic of the ones that your are looking at.