SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Funny SC Story

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07, 05:51 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny SC Story

I work as a contractor, I do about 50% of my business with the government. I'm currently working for the government printing office (GPO) and there is an older gentleman here whos probably around 65-70 that I chat with from time to time. He was very familiar with my XKR because we get in around the same time of day. This morning he saw me parking my SC and he was parking Mount Escalade right next to me. His truck is quite nice, he has some of the hottest rims I've ever seen on it and they are always gleaming.

He walks over to me and says "Young fella, that is a very nice car but two things. First off you HAVE to get you some rims. You are nothing in the game without rims."

Keep in mind he's sixty if he is a day.

"Whats the second thing" I ask.

"If you are going to get small fast cars and you want to make an impact, you have to get convertibles. It was a mistake to trade your convertible for this as nice as it is."

"I can see your point, but hang on a second." And I climbed back in and put the top down. The look on his face, complete amazement.

After a couple of moments of just looking back at the car as we walked to the building he said quietly "Now thats big pimping." Again, 60 years old if he is a day.

Priceless.
Old 11-08-07, 07:00 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I once had someone in my parking garage lose $20 because he bet another guy that my car WASN'T a convertible.

This is where it's REALLY nice to have the LuxLink kit. We were standing outside the car and, standing right next to him, I hit the button on th key and got the top to drop.

You're right, that's the best facial expression!
Old 11-08-07, 07:56 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet stories! Nothing like "just showing off" with our SC's!
Old 11-08-07, 08:00 AM
9112SC430
Driver School Candidate

Talking 60 if he is a day???

Wow you must be just out of diapers if you think 60 is elderly. Don't you know that 60 is the new 40. Yeah sure it is, some days it feels like the new 80. Not all "old" guys drive big A-- caddies. Some of us are still young enough to enjoy the "old" mans sport car the SC430.
Old 11-08-07, 08:52 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Originally Posted by 9112SC430
Wow you must be just out of diapers if you think 60 is elderly. Don't you know that 60 is the new 40. Yeah sure it is, some days it feels like the new 80. Not all "old" guys drive big A-- caddies. Some of us are still young enough to enjoy the "old" mans sport car the SC430.
I'm 40 with kids just out of diapers and kids in college, I don't think 60 is old. I do however think 60 is old to be investing what has to be at least $8k in rims. When I'm 60 I'll wear my pants above my ankles, I'll wear sandals and socks and I'll ride on stock wheels and like it dang gum it!
Old 11-08-07, 10:07 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Addiction2
I'm 40 with kids just out of diapers and kids in college, I don't think 60 is old. I do however think 60 is old to be investing what has to be at least $8k in rims. When I'm 60 I'll wear my pants above my ankles, I'll wear sandals and socks and I'll ride on stock wheels and like it dang gum it!
Um, $8K in rims? You did say this was at/near a government facility, didn't you?
Old 11-13-07, 07:28 AM
CA06SC430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Addiction2
I agree with the stock wheels but pants above my ankles and sandals with socks never gonna be me. Though I might wear running shoes with black socks just to make sure people know I am an old fart.
Old 11-15-07, 11:41 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CA06SC430
I agree with the stock wheels but pants above my ankles and sandals with socks never gonna be me. Though I might wear running shoes with black socks just to make sure people know I am an old fart.
Black Crocs with white socks.
Old 12-01-07, 11:29 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL ...
You guys make me laugh with your old-fart stereotypes.

The first Monday of every month between 45 and 70 guys from our childhood neighborhood get together for lunch. What we have in common is the neighborhood where we were raised and the K through 9 school we attended during the 40's and 50's. Ninety percent of us also went to the same church and have the same ethnic heritage (Italian). And we're all older than dirt - between 60 and 72 or so.

Even though we have those things in common, we're all different and our cars in the restaurant parking lot reflect that. Now excuse me while I hike up my pants to my chest so the cuffs rise above my ankles and go look for those d@mn sandals.
Old 12-06-07, 09:51 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

ok, finally I gots a story to tell and it happened this morning.

I parallel park in front of the coffee shop, put some nickels into the meter and walk into the shop every morning to get my favorite hot coffee beverage.

Two uniform local PD officers stand just outside the shop checking out the street scene filled w/ cars, pedestrians and "hot chics" which they seem to particularly gauge in conversations with as they walk by or into the coffee shop.

BTW, I've seen them in the shop before on serveral occassions but never interacted w/ them.

So as I pull up to the curb and parallel park, one of the officers standing outside the shop asks me, "What kind of car is that?.......An Infiniti?..."

I said, "No, it's a Lexus".

The officer asks, "Ok, Why don't you give me your keys and I can take it around the block."

I giggled and replied, "Sure thing, I might as well hand over my wallet as well so you can stop at the nearest doughnut shop and get some of your favorite doughnuts."

We all laughed and I went inside to get my coffee.

As I walked outside, another gal pulled up and they started to hackle her as well.

teeman3
Old 12-14-07, 01:52 PM
scubamom
Driver School Candidate

Har, har, what an amusing thread considering I'm 62, female and drive a RED 2006 430! It was the next best thing to a 'Vette which I don't really "fit" anymore - I'm not that fat, but like a bit of comfort!

One advantage of being a Grey Haired old lady is the fact, I've been picked up by cops three times since I've had it and have yet to get a ticket! I think they are so shocked that a little old lady is driving it that they give a verbal warning about "learning how to drive a fast car slower" and send me on my merry way! I'm more careful now... especially in the three places I got stopped!

For the record, I've driven three kinds of cars most of my life. All red too. 'Vettes (starting with a '66 Stingray - wish I still had it), Caddy Eldorados as long as they made them, and now the 430. If they stop making it, I'm going to be really sad... at least in the respect that I still want a nice hardtop- convertible.

So to all you young uns who get tickets... age has some advantage and you don't have to be young to enjoy a car like this!
Old 12-15-07, 10:32 AM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Right after I put on the 19" RH Cx wheels, I was at a tacobell drive thru (which you can find me there alot), I see an older couple out for a stroll to the market and the one lady looks at my car and says something to her husband. I see them talking about something and finally, the lady pokes the guy and then he comes over and asked me what kind of car it was. I told him its a lexus SC and he says "my wife was right... she said that's the car she really wants but I told her it wasn't a Lexus as your car has some dragon on the gril..... nice car, you may see us in one real soon.." He walks off and I hear the lady screeming "we love your car!"

But what amazes me even more is that the older generation really wanted to know about my last car, a Bmw Mcoupe. I'd be at a gas station and I would see some older guy get out of a Buick and say something like "Man, what kind of car is that!... I love it..." But most of the 40'ish and below people thought it was super ugly.. =) So I guess I have a "mature" taste in cars.. hah hah..
Old 12-15-07, 11:49 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by hipendicul
Right after I put on the 19" RH Cx wheels, I was at a tacobell drive thru (which you can find me there alot), I see an older couple out for a stroll to the market and the one lady looks at my car and says something to her husband. I see them talking about something and finally, the lady pokes the guy and then he comes over and asked me what kind of car it was. I told him its a lexus SC and he says "my wife was right... she said that's the car she really wants but I told her it wasn't a Lexus as your car has some dragon on the gril..... nice car, you may see us in one real soon.." He walks off and I hear the lady screeming "we love your car!"

But what amazes me even more is that the older generation really wanted to know about my last car, a Bmw Mcoupe. I'd be at a gas station and I would see some older guy get out of a Buick and say something like "Man, what kind of car is that!... I love it..." But most of the 40'ish and below people thought it was super ugly.. =) So I guess I have a "mature" taste in cars.. hah hah..

HAH. So what's going to happen when you're 40? You'll be driving Avalons, Buicks, Lincoln Towncars, etc.
Old 12-15-07, 11:24 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Hey Dan...

No wait, you're telling me that an Avalon or a Town car is somehow different than a Sc430 or that I'm not close enough to 40 to know what's going to happen??? =) Now I don't fell as old...