SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

contacts? to purchase extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-07, 06:48 PM
petergerst
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default contacts? to purchase extended warranty

I'm down to my last 3 months on original warranty for my '04 green/saddle sc430- anybody out there get a good deal on the warranty? If possible, send me contact info for the salesman so I can just go ahead and purchase. I'm pretty much ready to purchase the platinum - just don't feel like going down to the dealer to deal with negotiating- any help is much appreciated.
Old 02-26-08, 11:23 PM
petergerst
Rookie

Default where to buy extended warranty

Thought I'd post a reply to my own thread -
after much investigation, I found a great contact to purchase extended warranty if you're interested out there. Basically, it's a guy who sells warranty from Lexus at about 30% off list price. You can price it out at the lexus.com website, then he'll give you about 30% off. For me, it's just a piece of my issue. Yes, the platinum 7year/100K plan was still real expensive, but I've got piece of mind and I still love my green/saddle 04 sc430.
Here's the contact info below, I found out about Troy actually on this website, in the Rx350 website (my wife's car). I recommend this guy highly - very professional and you're not going to get this deal at your local lexus dealer.

TDietrich@toyotaofgreenfield.com
Troy Dietrich of Toyota of Greenfield in MA(413) 772-0231 His direct line Phone - (413) 772-0989
Old 03-01-08, 09:30 PM
tm510
Rookie

Hi Petergest, and thanks for the referral. I contacted Troy and he provided me a great quote as well.

He sent me this link if anyone is interested in the details of the extended waranties available.
http://www.lexus.com/models/SC/warra...rotection.html

I believe the warranty is only available while your car is still on warranty.

I am also wondering how the Platinum warranty stacks up to the full first 4/50 warranty. Is it the same?

Thanks for the info.

Jerry
Old 03-01-08, 11:52 PM
petergerst
Rookie

I was told the Platinum warranty has identical full coverage as the original 4/50 warranty.
But yes, you can only purchase an extended warranty from Lexus while your car is still under the original coverage.
Old 03-01-08, 11:55 PM
jrj102
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Echoing prior comments: I bought my extended warranty from Troy Dietrich, and am very pleased. The price was less than 70% what my local dealer was asking. The process was quick and painless.

However, having read the documents, it's not quite identical to the original factory warranty, but it's pretty darned close. A couple examples: it doesn't cover interior trim pieces, blown speakers, and a couple other minor things. However, it's very good coverage-- far better than any other option I've looked at (and I spent a lot of time researching-- I'm pretty sure I looked at everything that was available.)

--- JRJ
Old 03-02-08, 12:17 AM
howardde
Driver School Candidate

Default Adding new Platinum Extended Warranty to Expiring Platinum Extended Warranty??

So my Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty that I purchased when the car had 49,000 miles will expire in December 2008. I think its terms were 7 years from the original car purchase date (which was December 2001). I have about 66,000 miles on the car. Does anyone know if Lexus offers an option for someone in my situation whose Extended Warranty will expire and would like another Extended Warranty? I wouldn't normally care, but the price of the top motor and the navigation system are enough to make it worth it. Also, I plan on driving the car for at least another 5 years.
Old 03-02-08, 08:28 PM
johnnyreno
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

66k miles that car isnt even broke in yet.
Old 03-16-08, 12:09 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Default Any experience on if it's worthwhile?

Everyone talks about how reliable these cars are. That's mechanical -- any experience on the electronics? $500 per year for three years seems like cheap insurance against one if this components going (nav, top motor, bluetooth, radio, etc). Is that just being way to risk averse, or do these items go on these cars?
Old 04-10-08, 06:46 PM
tm510
Rookie

Troy's great and responsive. And his quote was about 45% off the Lexus dealer price. I haven't decided yet, but have to soon with about three months of warranty left.
Old 08-06-09, 07:17 AM
derose1973
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by petergerst
I'm down to my last 3 months on original warranty for my '04 green/saddle sc430- anybody out there get a good deal on the warranty? If possible, send me contact info for the salesman so I can just go ahead and purchase. I'm pretty much ready to purchase the platinum - just don't feel like going down to the dealer to deal with negotiating- any help is much appreciated.
I am in NJ and want to use this warranty here , there is any restrictions is there is the same as if i purchased it in NJ ?
Old 08-06-09, 07:18 AM
derose1973
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jrj102
Echoing prior comments: I bought my extended warranty from Troy Dietrich, and am very pleased. The price was less than 70% what my local dealer was asking. The process was quick and painless.

However, having read the documents, it's not quite identical to the original factory warranty, but it's pretty darned close. A couple examples: it doesn't cover interior trim pieces, blown speakers, and a couple other minor things. However, it's very good coverage-- far better than any other option I've looked at (and I spent a lot of time researching-- I'm pretty sure I looked at everything that was available.)

--- JRJ
If you purchase from Troy , can you use it in any state , Im in NJ want to use it at my dealer ?
Old 08-10-09, 10:23 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by howardde
So my Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty that I purchased when the car had 49,000 miles will expire in December 2008. I think its terms were 7 years from the original car purchase date (which was December 2001). I have about 66,000 miles on the car. Does anyone know if Lexus offers an option for someone in my situation whose Extended Warranty will expire and would like another Extended Warranty? I wouldn't normally care, but the price of the top motor and the navigation system are enough to make it worth it. Also, I plan on driving the car for at least another 5 years.
howardde, The answer is yes. In fact, I placed the information in another thread just recently.

Lexus just recently came out with new policies that allows vehicles that are 9 years or younger with less than 70kmiles on them to be warrantied one more time. They have various polices ranging from 3 yr, 30kmi to 5 yr, 60kmi. There is also an aftermarket company that Lexus used to refer folks to called Prism (sp?) or TSP (Total Service Protection). (All this information came from my service advisor here in Dallas. I have not called to set it up yet or to confirm what he told me.)
Old 08-10-09, 11:04 AM
rcpeters
Driver

Smile Check Western General

I just had my car in a Lexus dealer for the 90K miles work and they discovered some seals leaking around the transmission. Western General covered that repair, less $100. deductible, the Lexus dealer just called them and faxed the bill, they promptly paid with a credit card. I could have gone to an independent auto repair shop if I had wanted. The Lexus warranties are only good at one of their dealers, not good if you are not near one.

http://www.westerngeneral.com/
Old 05-11-10, 06:52 PM
Strut99GT
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tm510
Troy's great and responsive. And his quote was about 45% off the Lexus dealer price. I haven't decided yet, but have to soon with about three months of warranty left.
Can anyone tell me whether this person is still in business?
Old 05-21-10, 07:20 PM
bavera
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Strut99GT
Can anyone tell me whether this person is still in business?
Troy was there about 60 days ago. Got a really good quote on my 2008 RX400h.
This is his e-mail address:Troy Dietrich <TDietrich@FD-Warranty.com>

Quick Reply: contacts? to purchase extended warranty