SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Black Pearl emblems!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-07 | 01:10 PM
tennistodd
Driver

Default Black Pearl emblems!

I am desperately wanting the black pearl emblems for my sc. I have checked lexus-parts and l-tuned, is there any where else that has them and may be cheaper. (Regardless they are mine soon) I have painted my grill black and I want the black pearl emblem on the front. Also is Tire rack the best place for cross drilled rotors? I am not interested in big brakes just cross drilled rotors. Do ya'll think Brembo is the best?
Thanks,
-todd
Old 12-27-07 | 08:54 AM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

be careful with cross drilled rotors. I have seen many of them crack do to heat! I bought my rotors off of ******************.com! They were great and had free shipping! I would look in the GS classifieds for some Black pearl emblems. They show up there pretty often! GL
Old 12-27-07 | 09:24 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 25,000

They show up from time to time on Ebay. They are pricey but look good IMO. The size is not the same as other models, especially the front.

On the rotors, Brembo does not make their own cross drilled units the las I checked though some drill the blanks.
Old 12-27-07 | 10:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
They show up from time to time on Ebay. They are pricey but look good IMO. The size is not the same as other models, especially the front.

On the rotors, Brembo does not make their own cross drilled units the las I checked though some drill the blanks.
that's my belief as well. brembo does not have drilled/slotted rotors directly. most aftermarket companies bought the brembo blanks and drilled them themselves
Old 12-27-07 | 10:26 AM
speedking
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tennistodd
I am desperately wanting the black pearl emblems for my sc. I have checked lexus-parts and l-tuned, is there any where else that has them and may be cheaper. (Regardless they are mine soon) I have painted my grill black and I want the black pearl emblem on the front. Also is Tire rack the best place for cross drilled rotors? I am not interested in big brakes just cross drilled rotors. Do ya'll think Brembo is the best?
Thanks,
-todd

Keep in mind that you get what you pay for with the emblems. You can find less expensive Chinese crap on Ebay and other places, but the finish doesn't last. You will be better off buying the Black Pearl emblems from a reputable retailer.

As for rotors, I wouldn't recommend cross drilled rotors for street use. I've seen them crack. Gas slotted rotors effectively cool the rotors and look just as cool IMHO. Rotora makes nice rotors.....I've had them on my SC400 and under street and auto cross conditions, they've performed flawlessly.

Send a PM to 'SUPRATRD' here at Club Lexus. Steve Ganz runs http://www.l-tunedparts.com. Let him know you are looking for a set of Rotora gas slotted rotors and a set of Black Pearl emblems. He'll give you the best price around. He takes care of us here on Club Lexus.

--Sean
Old 12-28-07 | 04:53 PM
tennistodd
Driver

Thanks guys...I decided on some cryo treated Powerslotws and Posi Quiet pads. The cross drilled are definately proned to crack. I will get with L-Tuned on the emblems. I will post pix on completion. Thanks again and Happy New Year!
-todd
Old 12-30-07 | 04:24 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

I have some black pearl emblems