SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Proud Owner of 2004 PB Azure Blue!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 09:39 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proud Owner of 2004 PB Azure Blue!!!

I have been lurking and learning on this forum for over a year now but have wanted an SC for many years now. Finally I did it - yesterday and couldn't be more excited!!! My eye has always been on the 2004 Pebble Beach Azure Blue (light blue) with Ecru interior and that special black birds eye wood. How sharp is this??!!

My car was owned and loved by a fellow forum member who took excellent care of it, sold to a Lexus dealer and 2 weeks later it was bought by me - Certified by dealer with 25,000 miles and in perfect shape. I know it was hard to part with this beauty but she has found a good home with me.

Although I have driven a few SCs in my quest for one, this one drives like a dream with a special feel that is so smooth yet hugs the road - perfect. Other owner put on Michelin Pilot Sport tires and great wheel covers. Almost as good was that while I was sitting in the car with the dealer talking for about 5 mins. before the test drive I went to turn the car on and the dealer said it was already on!! Engine was so quiet I didn't even realize it was running!! Things only got better as I drove it - even sound system was fantastic - Moody Blues "Nights in White Satin" came on radio and just spoke to me!!!

At the dealer the good news was that I knew from the former owner what the dealer paid for it so I totally ignored the asking price - which was way high and offered them $1,500 over cost to them (after their cost to fix a few minor things, doing the 30,000 mi service and the certification/warranty). SOLD!!!

So I just had to share my excitment with people who know exactly how wonderful I feel today - just can't stop smiling (plus my friends are tired of listening to every detail about the "perfect" car)! Got up during the night maybe 3 times to look out at the car. Now bright sun, going into the 50s here in Washington, DC - I think we have top down weather!!! Yes!!!

Rustito plus SC430, PB 04 Azure Blue
Old 01-06-08, 09:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

WOW, this is unbelievable!!!! congrats on your new car, rustito!!!!!!

i was going to say it's so interesting we lost a PB owner but only weeks after and we have a new one. little did i expect to see that the SAME car the previous owner sold is the exact one that you purchased! i agree that it's great you know the car was well taken care of, and moreover the prices were totally known so you got a great deal!!!

congrats again! and now finally you need to stop stalking people
Old 01-06-08, 09:55 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Thanks for the welcome!! The considence is even more - last year when I posted here wanting to see the color combo of the 04 PB, the former owner of my car posted a link to his pics of the car when it was new. I still have these and am calling them "puppy" pics of my car! Last year I also called local Lexus dealers asking them to let me know if they get a 2004 PB in. So now almost a year later this dealer calls me out of the blue (Azure Blue!!)saying he just got in an 04 PB was I still interested. I then connected info on the forum with the call from the dealer and the rest is history!
Rustito
Old 01-06-08, 09:56 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where are the pics ?????
Old 01-06-08, 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Rustito
Thanks for the welcome!! The considence is even more - last year when I posted here wanting to see the color combo of the 04 PB, the former owner of my car posted a link to his pics of the car when it was new. I still have these and am calling them "puppy" pics of my car! Last year I also called local Lexus dealers asking them to let me know if they get a 2004 PB in. So now almost a year later this dealer calls me out of the blue (Azure Blue!!)saying he just got in an 04 PB was I still interested. I then connected info on the forum with the call from the dealer and the rest is history!
Rustito
lol, dude, this is scary!

but at the same time, i have to give props to your dealership/sales as well. after one year and they still remember you and call you right the way. i call that great services!
Old 01-06-08, 10:10 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, dude, this is scary!

but at the same time, i have to give props to your dealership/sales as well. after one year and they still remember you and call you right the way. i call that great services!
I too was very impressed that this dealer called me back after a year. He said he kept the note to call me - but I didn't think for a NY minute he - or any of the other local dealers would ever call me - even in the off chance the 04 PB came into their dealership!! He was a super guy to deal with.

BTW - for the person asking for the "puppy" pics of my car - I am not sure how to link that old thread with this one or how to copy those pics to this thread - but if you search this forum for "Azure Blue" you will see my post from last March and down the thread after the stock photos (which don't really show the color at it's best) are the pics of my car when it was new - by a lake - very cool pics and very true to how it looks to this day. Or you can search my forum name - only a few posts from back then asking if anyone had an Azure Blue Pebble Beach.

Later I will go out with my Nikon and take some shots - won't have a lake as a backdrop but the star is the car!! Perhaps my 2 dogs might grace the pics - but not in the car!!!!
Rustito
Old 01-06-08, 10:23 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I too was very impressed that this dealer called me back after a year. He said he kept the note to call me - but I didn't think for a NY minute he - or any of the other local dealers would ever call me - even in the off chance the 04 PB came into their dealership!! He was a super guy to deal with.

BTW - for the person asking for the "puppy" pics of my car - I am not sure how to link that old thread with this one or how to copy those pics to this thread - but if you search this forum for "Azure Blue" you will see my post from last March and down the thread after the stock photos (which don't really show the color at it's best) are the pics of my car when it was new - by a lake - very cool pics and very true to how it looks to this day. Or you can search my forum name - only a few posts from back then asking if anyone had an Azure Blue Pebble Beach.

Later I will go out with my Nikon and take some shots - won't have a lake as a backdrop but the star is the car!! Perhaps my 2 dogs might grace the pics - but not in the car!!!!
Rustito
seems like you are really enjoying your new car, that's great!!!!!! spending all these money you should enjoy every bit of it have a lot of fun. i am sure you will always have a smile on your face when driving her
Old 01-06-08, 10:23 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Oh - And yesterday during the test drive in Northern VA, I pulled up at a light next to a dude in a bright red Cararra Porsche. So when the light changed I told the dealer - watch this - and as a joke I got a jump on him and then all we saw was a red streak going from 0 to 80 in 2 secs. and were looking at his dust - laughing!! Do you suppose this was some sort of message from him about not to even think of it??!! All I know is at the end of the day I drove home in a totally fantastic, non-teeth chattering yet very exciting powerful car that I wouldn't trade for anything - not even a bright red Porsche!!!
Rustito
Old 01-06-08, 11:08 AM
1NEAT_SC
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rustito (the lurker), congrats on your purchase. You sound like I felt after purchasing mine. Sounds like a beautiful color combination and moreover, it's what you were looking for... "Bingo".. Nice.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

lar
Old 01-06-08, 11:16 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Congratulations for the SC430 , post more pics if you can
Old 01-06-08, 11:32 AM
bt430
Pole Position

Hey Buddy where in MD are you? I've never seen a PB wouldn't mind checking it out.

BT
Old 01-06-08, 11:45 AM
Rustito
Pole Position

Lar - Thanks! I do really like the color combo but most impt.- as you said - is that it is just what I was looking for. On this forum it is cool to hear how happy people are for others when they finally bring home their perfect car - guess you never forget that feeling so it is fun to hear about other's experiences - or help out if others are having questions or problems.

I am now heading out to Potomac for a top down ride and then will just sit and learn the controls - it was dark when I got home with it yesterday so all I knew was the critical things to just get home!! I really like the range of seat adjustments and how steering wheel goes into an "exit" mode so you can get out easier.

Guess each little thing is fun and novel when new - later I'm sure it will just seem like the normal stuff - but never the hardtop convertible!! That will always be the most impressive thing - other than the handling and engine and steering and sound system etc. etc. It all just clicks, all fits just right.

Am I in love or what??!
Rustito
Old 01-06-08, 12:12 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bt430
Hey Buddy where in MD are you? I've never seen a PB wouldn't mind checking it out.

BT
Hi - It took me many months to even lay eyes on the 04 PB. I live in Bethesda - walking distance from C&O canal and Glen Echo Park. Now I am about to cruise out River Rd. into Potomac. Where are you in MD?

Is there a group of SC owners in the DC. Metro area (DC, VA and MD - or maybe even Delaware and PA and WVA) who get together? I would enjoy that.

I also had the idea of doing a tailgate party in MD or N.VA the week of the Pebble Beach Pro Tournament in Feb. for local SC owners - PB or not (despite the fact the tournament is in CA - the celebration is here! Sort of use that occasion to celebrate our cars in the name of PB - but all SCs welcome and equal!

I assume there are Lexus car activities in the DC area - the local club forum has all Lexus models which might be fun, however, I would really like to be with the SC owners. On the other hand, how cool would the SCs look in the mass of bigger (and lesser!!) Lexi (actually my friend just got the Lexus SUV RX in Breakwater Blue - a color similar to my PB Asure Blue but my color is much sharper and fits the SC perfect. BWB is lots of blue on an SUV!

Rustito
Old 01-06-08, 03:24 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Hi - It took me many months to even lay eyes on the 04 PB. I live in Bethesda - walking distance from C&O canal and Glen Echo Park. Now I am about to cruise out River Rd. into Potomac. Where are you in MD?
That's a nice ride I'm over that way a few times a week. I live in Olney so we're pretty close. We got a few guys around, in DC, Annapolis, NoVA and another more towards Baltimore. If I'm leaving anybody out please speak up!! I'd be up for getting together keep me in mind if you want to do the PB meet.

BT
Old 01-06-08, 04:48 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

There's the North East Lexus Owners Club (NELOC)...there's a sub-board for us on ClubLexus.

Would be great if you came out! The wife and I have gone to a few meets and the people are the absolute best. I've always been the only SC430 owner though. Felt a little lonely :-)

I'm in NoVa, just outside DC (Falls Church/Arlington). Would be up for a mini-meet (just SC430's) if others were interested!

Quick Reply: Proud Owner of 2004 PB Azure Blue!!!