SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-08, 08:44 AM
KSUFlasher
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish there were more pictures of the SC above with the doors. It really doesn't look bad to me (I wouldn't do it myself, but I don't think they look bad). Considering the SC is more of a sporty style roadster (not the typical 'classy sedan'), if any Lex could pull these doors off, it's the SC.

I know this would not be a popular mod for most, but for the creative soul looking for some bling affect I can see it. It's not a surprise to me that the SC in the pic is parked next to a bike and behind what appears to be a red chevy with a modified exhaust (which I really don't like) and smoked tails. Seems like the same 'kids' that would do that would do the lambo doors.
Old 02-21-08, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

chevy? that's rx-7 right?
Old 10-18-08, 01:13 PM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

Default Anyone try Lambo doors? Ones that swing up?

I just saw this on a car and it looks so cool. I looked and it looks like they make universal kits for any car.

Has anyone tried this?

How much would it cost to get it installed or do you think it could be done at home?

http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/Lam...oor-Kit/17401/
Old 10-18-08, 02:10 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you like it then go for it although a stock car with sucide doors would be unforgivable.

On the cheap probs eBay.

Old 10-18-08, 05:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aquanuke
If you like it then go for it although a stock car with sucide doors would be unforgivable.

On the cheap probs eBay.
aquanuke, I've always wanted to see that Aicona wheel on a Lexus. Post up some pics man!
Old 10-18-08, 06:00 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
aquanuke, I've always wanted to see that Aicona wheel on a Lexus. Post up some pics man!
Click on my signature pic there's a few pics
Old 10-18-08, 06:13 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aquanuke
Click on my signature pic there's a few pics
Thanks. Nice wheels. Nice car!
Old 10-18-08, 06:49 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

but do what you want, it's your car
Old 10-18-08, 11:48 PM
pete896
Rookie

leave the Lambo doors for the real Lambo.
Old 10-19-08, 12:47 AM
toomurf
Pole Position

don't do this to a beautiful car !!!!!
Old 10-19-08, 10:31 AM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

Wow. I didn't know this was such a touchy subject.

Since I debaged my sc430, I've had more people think its a bently than a lexus.

Just a couple of days ago I was in an auto parts store and 4 twenty something kids were looking at my car. They all thought it was a bently. I think that's unforgivable. If you are a guy working at a car parts store you should at least know the basic cars that are out there. Right?

I guess it's like going to a junk yard. When all of the cars have the front clips missing you have to look for other things to distinguish the different cars. You'd be suprised at how many cars have almost identicle side profiles.

I'd say the doors would have more visual impact than lowering the car. Isn't that what people are going for when doing any modification to thier cars? The mods set you apart from others correct? They give a sense of individuality.

I have only seen one car with the door mod, but I've seen hundreds of lowered cars. Of course the car that had the door mod was a eclipse or another common 20K car so it looked a little cheesy.
Old 10-19-08, 02:29 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by curt248
Wow. I didn't know this was such a touchy subject.

Since I debaged my sc430, I've had more people think its a bently than a lexus.

Just a couple of days ago I was in an auto parts store and 4 twenty something kids were looking at my car. They all thought it was a bently. I think that's unforgivable. If you are a guy working at a car parts store you should at least know the basic cars that are out there. Right?

I guess it's like going to a junk yard. When all of the cars have the front clips missing you have to look for other things to distinguish the different cars. You'd be suprised at how many cars have almost identicle side profiles.

I'd say the doors would have more visual impact than lowering the car. Isn't that what people are going for when doing any modification to thier cars? The mods set you apart from others correct? They give a sense of individuality.

I have only seen one car with the door mod, but I've seen hundreds of lowered cars. Of course the car that had the door mod was a eclipse or another common 20K car so it looked a little cheesy.
No one is saying people can't do what they please to their car. How could we stop them anyway?
It's just that many of us Lexus owners think we know what's classy versus what isn't. Many don't think Lambo doors are classy or belong on a classy car...........or any car that isn't an exotic. I'm the latter. I think it's something reserved for exotics. Like an automatic spoiler that raises from the body at high speed. If I see that on a non-exotic, I'll be tripping all over the car's owner. I also think some colors are reserved for exotics. Yellow or orange cars for instance.
Bottom line, people can do what they want....but everyone doesn't have to like it.
Old 10-19-08, 03:05 PM
curt248
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=reggiek;3931908]
I think it's something reserved for exotics. Like an automatic spoiler that raises from the body at high speed. If I see that on a non-exotic, I'll be tripping all over the car's owner. I also think some colors are reserved for exotics. Yellow or orange cars for instance.

Interesting viewpoint. I suppose it depends on what you consider exotic. I would consider the Lotus elise an exotic car. It doesn't have an exotic price tag at $46K for 2008, but they look justifies it's exotic position.

I would probably consider a porsche an exotic car or quite close to being one. The 911's often have tails that rise at a certain speed. Yet 911's have a similar cost to a sc430.

I view the sc430's shape to be at least as unique or as stunning as a 911's. Does that make it exotic?

I read that porsche anticipated selling 6000 911 turbos. They must sell at least 10,000 911's overall. Isn't that how many sc430's are produced every year?

I think the sc430 is close enough to being there that it could pull off the verticle door look. Especially, when 20 yr old guys and others alike mistake it for a Bently.

I didn't know that the verticle doors symbolize trashy though. I really have only seen it once and I thought the idea was pretty cool. Maybe I'll think twice before investing in it since so many people think it looks bad.
Old 10-19-08, 03:26 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It is not that it is trashy, more that many feel it does not belong on anything other than a lambo and even then it gets questioned.
Most of these kits are horrible in quality and downright dangerous so if you choose to go that route I would avoid the Ebay universal kits.
As for the entire Bentley thing, first I have heard of it. I would think kids would not even know what a Bentley looked like to begin with to be able to call an SC a Bentley. Now a Infiniti, I get that all the time.
Old 10-19-08, 03:32 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

The Acura NSX wan priced like other exotics but I certainly place it among the exotic group.
I never said Lambo doors were trashy, that's too strong of a word. Less classy is the phrase I'd use. That's just my opinion though.
A few cars that are close to exotic that could get away with it, for those who are into that sort of thing.... the SL AMG, NSX and SC430 would be in that group. Not if I owned either of them but for those who like it who wouldn't get laughed at behind their back. Just funning!

Quick Reply: Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?