SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-08, 03:41 AM
eyeain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?

Do it if you like them buy some other toys for class!
Attached Thumbnails Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?-dscn4266.jpg  
Old 11-04-08, 04:16 AM
4onenight
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang

this car is a fake
if you look closely the fron is an "sc" and the back is a mercedes sl series..
ugh
Old 11-04-08, 07:58 AM
TnESC300
Rookie

Lambo doors on anything other than a Lambo is pretty retarded as just about the majority on this thread have said. A friend of mine bought a Scion Tc and had Lambo doors put on it. Then he quickly began to realize the error of his ways. One he bought a Scion TC, Two, you have to pull the door down parallel to its stock opening position and then close the door. This is only natural as the door is meant to swing out not up. As he was driving this car every day he figured it out via trial and error. Now when his girl got in the car and repeatedly tried closing the door without it being parallel, the metal of the corner of the door was smashed into the door striker to the point where it was dented flat. After that, He wished he had regular door hinges again. To get out of the car, you have to pull the handle, which then pops the door out so it can be lifted up. It really is a pain in the ***, and they change the weight properties of the door. Makes them heavier. Think this one over hard before you ruin your car.
Old 11-04-08, 12:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TnESC300
Lambo doors on anything other than a Lambo is pretty retarded as just about the majority on this thread have said. A friend of mine bought a Scion Tc and had Lambo doors put on it. Then he quickly began to realize the error of his ways. One he bought a Scion TC, Two, you have to pull the door down parallel to its stock opening position and then close the door. This is only natural as the door is meant to swing out not up. As he was driving this car every day he figured it out via trial and error. Now when his girl got in the car and repeatedly tried closing the door without it being parallel, the metal of the corner of the door was smashed into the door striker to the point where it was dented flat. After that, He wished he had regular door hinges again. To get out of the car, you have to pull the handle, which then pops the door out so it can be lifted up. It really is a pain in the ***, and they change the weight properties of the door. Makes them heavier. Think this one over hard before you ruin your car.
When I watch Unique WHips, I notice how they have to swing the door open horizontally first before going vertical then I laugh. I always wondered if that would cause stress to the parts since this is unnatural to it's original function so I am happy to hear my intuition was correct. Now I'm against them even more.
Old 11-04-08, 12:34 PM
TnESC300
Rookie

yeah it really is just a bad idea.
Old 11-04-08, 04:42 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a friend who has lambo doors on his car. It can be opened normally by swinging out or by opening the door a bit and then pushing up.

Not all Lambo kits are built the same, some open 45 degrees, some 90, some swing straight out, then up, some can push up with in a smaller amount of space.

It all depends on the kit...
Old 11-04-08, 07:10 PM
TnESC300
Rookie

either way, normal doors open smoothly, and close smoothly with no risk of sheet metal damage. It also makes your very expensive SC430 look proper
Old 11-05-08, 03:13 AM
eyeain
Driver School Candidate

Default Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?

cheese and choclate may not be good for our health we still love them secondly cars are built for us we are not built for cars if you like it do it forget about how it opens my doors have turned more heads then my car
Old 11-05-08, 07:25 AM
TnESC300
Rookie

Chocolate is actually good for your health. Well Dark chocolate.
Old 11-05-08, 01:12 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by talwang

i don't know where this pic was taken, but i saw this EXACT same car in queens, nyc (main st. in flushing to be exact, a block or 2 north of roosevelt ave), this was a couple years back.
i'm not sure how i feel about it, but it's definitely a head turner lol

Last edited by retrospexo; 11-05-08 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-05-08, 01:20 PM
retrospexo
Lead Lap

lol.. check out the expression on the couple's faces checking out the car. oh yeah, and the driver i saw was def guyanese/trini
Old 11-05-08, 07:44 PM
TnESC300
Rookie

Originally Posted by retrospexo
lol.. check out the expression on the couple's faces checking out the car. oh yeah, and the driver i saw was def guyanese/trini
I think thats Lyle Lovett . . .

Old 11-06-08, 06:03 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GAWD that car is HIDEOUS!!

But on the other hand...does anyone know where can i get a pair of those gold rims for my SC?

Originally Posted by retrospexo
i don't know where this pic was taken, but i saw this EXACT same car in queens, nyc (main st. in flushing to be exact, a block or 2 north of roosevelt ave), this was a couple years back.
i'm not sure how i feel about it, but it's definitely a head turner lol
Old 11-06-08, 06:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

that "sc" looks stupid in so many ways. i also don't think it's an sc at all, more like a poser. front and rear doesn't match, and the windsheild looks very "straight"....
Old 11-06-08, 06:56 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that "sc" looks stupid in so many ways. i also don't think it's an sc at all, more like a poser. front and rear doesn't match, and the windsheild looks very "straight"....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165919

Quick Reply: Lambo or Scissor doors for SC430?