SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Do people still comment on your car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-09, 07:40 AM
scdroptop
Forum Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

And all the reasons why to keep it my friend...my fav car on CL!!!
Old 11-22-09, 10:03 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was so close to buying one; ended up with a 4-wheel-steering Prelude instead.... I just couldn't get over those funky windows.... it was way ahead of it's time, though.
Attached Thumbnails Do people still comment on your car?-subaru-svx.jpg  
Old 11-23-09, 10:38 AM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Today, on the way to work on 91 W, some dude with shades pulled up to the side and gave me a 5 sec. thumbs-up. He was in a black 5 series and drove off. It feels good to get good feeds about your ride.

Last edited by lyyca; 11-23-09 at 10:38 AM. Reason: grammar error
Old 11-23-09, 12:02 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lyyca
Today, on the way to work on 91 W, some dude with shades pulled up to the side and gave me a 5 sec. thumbs-up. He was in a black 5 series and drove off. It feels good to get good feeds about your ride.
+1, especially from a BMW owner
Old 02-25-10, 09:49 AM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bumpity Bump.....to da top.

Well, it's been a while since another cop commented on my car.
Most other people comment most of the time so I don't bother posting cause they all say the same thing everytime.

This morning, at a local intersection, there was one cop overlooking traffic during construction on the road, he stared hard at my front end and actually walked over and pointed at me.

I was like, "Oh Shiznit...!....he's gonna pop me for no front plate".
So I rolled down the window and he asked me what kind of car was this?
I said it's a Lex w/ aftermarket products...stupid me to tell him that.
He said, "Oh Nice" and he waved me goodbye.

martini3
Old 02-25-10, 10:05 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

haha. good story. i was driving home the other day and hit some stop and go traffic. My top was up and it was a nice day out. So I put my top down right in the middle of traffic (only ~20 seconds anyway). Someone pulled up next to me and asked if my ride was fast. I said yea, it moves. He gave me more compliments before we drove off. Nice to get compliments on the road. Shows that the car care and maintenance pays off.
Old 05-02-10, 07:46 PM
martini3
Lexus Test Driver

bump this mother up.

anyone have any recent comments on yo ride?

martini3
Old 05-02-10, 08:40 PM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got a, "God bless you" the other day..
Old 05-02-10, 10:16 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get it non stop every weekend when I wash it in the morning...and as soon as I finish, it goes right back in the garage.
Old 05-02-10, 10:31 PM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by intdiamond
I was so close to buying one; ended up with a 4-wheel-steering Prelude instead.... I just couldn't get over those funky windows.... it was way ahead of it's time, though.
Hard to believe that is 18 years old. I miss her, she could run circles around my SC in the snow. I got rid of it with 95K miles, fearing big repairs, I see them on ebay with 200K miles. I put less than a grand into her in 10 years, and drove it twice from Alaska to Florida. I have a feeling, someday I am going to look at an SC and think, no way that is 20 years old. I think the shape will stand the test of time.
Old 07-22-10, 10:01 AM
westrella1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda funny. I got some waves & kisses from 2 young women in a gray Mustang on the way back to the office after taking my secretary out to lunch. She got a kick out of that.

Also, a few weeks ago, a guy shouts back to me from across the parking lot, "I love that car, but I haven't seen it in that color before! That's clean!"

A few days after that, I parked my car, &, as I was walking to the doors of the grocery store, a young woman (college age) who was walking out at the same time, points to my car & says out loud to her friends, "Holy s!@#, that's sexy!"

Clean & sexy. I think that's a great description of our 430s, right? Man, I love this car!

(Btw, if anyone's into "Facebook", I recently found a group that this forum might be interested in: Lexus SC Owners.)
Old 01-23-11, 03:55 AM
srqmark
Rookie

I purchased my SC430 from a small dealer (11/19/10). My finance company would only allow me to purchase from a "big" auto dealer, so the small dealer was a good friend of the local Nissan dealer here in town, so the deal technically was processed by a "big" dealer approved by my finance company.

We made arrangements to meet at the Nissan dealer to do the paperwork. I pulled into the Nissan dealer with my trade, a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring, parked in the front and walked into the showroom. My salesman had not arrived yet. I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with tennis shoes and walked around the showroom looking at their 370Z. Two salesmen were standing in the showroom waiting for customers to come in (the showroom had no customers in it other than me) when my dealer pulled up with the SC430. As I was looking at their 370Z, I heard one salesman say to the other when the SC430 pulled up "now somebody knows how to drive in class". I looked up and there she was, my new baby, and I must of had the biggest smile on my face .

Three days later, I pulled up to the mailboxes (I live in an apartment complex) had the top down, got out to get my mail, and a women (in her 60's) says "that is a gorgeous car". So another little on my face.
Old 01-23-11, 05:28 AM
rcroller
Rookie

Got my '07 on 12/28/10. Since then I've had several compliments. One neighbor lady who told me she has always wanted an SC430 only says "I hate you" when I see her now...I'm taking that as a compliment...I think.
Old 01-23-11, 11:24 AM
mandyfig
Forum Moderator

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

All these stories about our SC's, I can not wait for winter to be over! So I can start posting stories, too!
Old 01-23-11, 01:19 PM
nwcn98
Rookie

I average one to two compliments per week. It's amazing...people just stare at the car.

Quick Reply: Do people still comment on your car?