SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Need more specific Luxlink help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08 | 03:00 PM
Addiction2
Driver

Default Need more specific Luxlink help

OK here is my status. Autostart works and runs for 15 minutes. One touch top works in the dash both up and down. Windows roll down from the remote. However if I release the remote button while the windows are going down the dash lights come on, the windows go up and the dash lights go off.

First are the windows supposed to go up to fully closed before the top goes down? I'm about to go out and check from the inside if thats how its supposed to work but every other convertible I've ever had the windows crack before the top goes down.

Secondly anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?
Old 02-23-08 | 03:49 PM
Habious
Pole Position

It almost sounds like you have the White wire (window UP) and Orange wire (window DOWN) reversed.

The LuxLink White wire goes to the car's Blue wire and the LuxLunk Orange wire goes to the car's Green wire.

Is it possible that you got the Blue and Green swapped?
Old 02-23-08 | 10:17 PM
Addiction2
Driver

I'll have to check that but I'm still wondering are the windows supposed to go up for the top to go down?
Old 02-24-08 | 07:01 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Nope...the windows should go down when the top goes down.

When the LuxLink unit makes the top go up, after it's up and after the rear windows have gone up, then the front windows should go up.
Old 02-24-08 | 09:31 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

I also have bugs with this luxlink. How do you remote start and remote top at the same time? I dont want to remote the top will the car is off and drain the battery and strain the motors.
Old 02-26-08 | 04:05 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Originally Posted by GammaLex
I also have bugs with this luxlink. How do you remote start and remote top at the same time? I dont want to remote the top will the car is off and drain the battery and strain the motors.
I've never seen anything that said you could do this, start the car and put the top down. In fact once the car is started the remote does not actually work.
Old 03-01-08 | 07:03 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Still need a little hep here. Resolved my issues with the remote start, top down and windows down. I've even had the valet switch but in a position where I can easily utilize it.

However if memory servers you I've seen video of the top going up automatically as well. is this true or am I crazy?
Old 03-01-08 | 07:56 AM
Habious
Pole Position

The top goes up remotely just like it goes down remotely. Do the exact same thing you do to make it go down (press and hold the unlock button until the car long-beeps and hold a little longer (imagine the windows starting to go down, then let go)) and the top will go up. The LuxLink knows whether the top is up or down and sends it going in the other direction. It should also roll up the windows once the top is up.
Old 03-02-08 | 10:57 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Before I got the LuxLink, I had read a few threads and was concerned that it was "not ready for prime time." But it seems like if installed correctly, it works great (or at least 95% of the time). I know my installation had a few "issues" but like Addiction2, upon correcting those, everything was AOK. I couldn't be happier with it.
Old 03-02-08 | 09:41 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

not trying to sound stupid, but did you follow my instructions, especially with the multimeter. It works pretty well for me. Sometimes I need to press and hold the unlock more then once for it to go up or down, but usually works well. Sometimes if ur just playing around with it you need to reset it. by turning on the car, turning off open and close door. Sometimes just a lock and unlock will do.
Old 03-03-08 | 04:30 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
not trying to sound stupid, but did you follow my instructions, especially with the multimeter. It works pretty well for me. Sometimes I need to press and hold the unlock more then once for it to go up or down, but usually works well. Sometimes if ur just playing around with it you need to reset it. by turning on the car, turning off open and close door. Sometimes just a lock and unlock will do.
No thats a fair question. I gave your upgraded instructions to my techs. these guys have done top notch work in about 7 cars for me previously so no reason to suspect they didn't follow the instructions. My last problem (before trying ot figure out how to put the top up) they had to reverse the up and down wires EVEN THO IT WAS WIRED EXACTLY AS INSTRUCTED!!! Which makes my blood boil but it is what it is.

At the end of the day everything works for me BUT letting the top up with the remote, and I'm still not sure thats not a timing thing. At the end of the day I'm not sure I would do this all over as it absorbed a lot more time than I would have liked, but I am happy with the end result so far. I can start the car reliably, I can put the time down reliably. My dream sceanrio would have been to be able to start the car with the doors unlocked and put the top down all at the same time.
Old 03-05-08 | 05:13 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Default Here's how it works

OK, did some experimenting tonight and verified all of this. Here's how it works (on my car at least).

Definitions

Unlock - Press and release the unlock button the key fob (holding the button down for less than a second)

Lock- Press and release the Lock button the key fob (holding the button down for less than a second)

Unlock Long-Press - Press and hold the unlock button down until the car double-beeps, then gives a long beep, then the windows begin to roll down; releasing the button when the windows have rolled down approximately 2 inches.

To Remote-Start Car

Unlock - (Pause one second) - Lock - Lock - Timing is everything on this. If you wait much more than one second between the Unlock and the Lock - Lock, it won't work. If you don't hit the Lock-Lock close enough together, it won't work. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Tip - If, you Unlock - Pause one second - Lock - Lock - Unlock, the car will be unlocked once the top-going-down cycle completes.

To Remote-Drop the Top

Unlock Long-Press

Remote-Start the Car AND THEN Drop the Top

Unlock Long-Press - Lock - Lock

The car will Remote-Start and, after enough of a pause to make you think "Damn, it didn't work" it will make the top go down.

All of the above techniques have been tested by me and they work (on my car). Do they work EVERY time? No.

The Remote-Start works about 90% of the time for me. Almost every time it doesn't work, it's because of the timing...not always my fault. This function is the most picky about the timing. If you miss the Lock the first time and there ends up being a pregnant pause between the Unlock and the Lock-Lock, it won't work. And, considering the range of the remote (or lack thereof), if it doesn't work the first time while you're walking up to the car, by the time you go to try again, you're at the car...just get in, put the key in the ignition and start the damn thing!

The Remote Drop the Top works 90% of the time. Again, the only time it's an issue is when the car doesn't detect that the button was held down long enough...due to the lack of range of the remote.

The sequential Remote-Start the car then Drop the Top is VERY picky about timing. You have to get it just right. Success rate...maybe ~60%. But, I don't do this that often so, I probably just don't practice it enough.

Anyways, that's my $.02

Hope this helps.

P.S. It's worth practicing so that, when you do go to show off, it works flawlessly in front of your friends. The cool-factor of remotely starting the car and having the top go down, all by itself....priceless.

-
Old 03-06-08 | 05:20 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Thanks Hab. Actually my top down operation is flawless, it works 99% of the time. Same with the remote start whenever it doesnt work its a timing issue. I'm going to sit in the garage this weekend and try the remote start top down together because that is after all the money shot.
Old 03-07-08 | 03:48 AM
Addiction2
Driver

Originally Posted by Habious
Remote-Start the Car AND THEN Drop the Top

Unlock Long-Press - Lock - Lock

The car will Remote-Start and, after enough of a pause to make you think "Damn, it didn't work" it will make the top go down.

All of the above techniques have been tested by me and they work (on my car). Do they work EVERY time? No.

-
I tried this in my garage last night ten times and it worked ten times so I was pretty pumped about it. And best of all since I replaced my remote battery I can pretty much start the car from anywhere in the house. Now if only I could get the garage door up remotely so I can not kill myself with fumes lol.
Old 03-07-08 | 05:36 AM
norman52
Intermediate

Try these guys
http://www.smarthome.com
I open my garage door with just a click on my computer.
I could also set it up so the garage door opens at the same time Monday through Friday or even seven days a week.
They also have the stuff that will tell you your garage door is open so you won't have any doubts remote starting your car.

Quick Reply: Need more specific Luxlink help