SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Rim Scuffs-Fixing & Color Matching for PB??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-08, 05:29 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rim Scuffs-Fixing & Color Matching for PB??

We all get them - scuffs on rims (rim rash). I have very minor scuff close to tire I wanted to try to fix myself (see post on detailing forum). Can be done but I have a question about matching my outer rim color (light silver blue) on my 2004 SC430 Pebble Beach Azure/light blue (original light blue pie-plates matching body color were switched for silver 5 spoke centers). They are aluminum alloy wheels with original outer rims that are slightly silver-blue (they actually look like a slightly darker silver with a slight blue cast compared to silver centers-not sure if this is a standard rim color or specific to 2004 PB).

My question - to fix minor rim scuff does anyone know whether the Pebble Beach SCs have special outer rim colors we can get/order from Lexus - or something else we can do that will basically match outer rim colors and will blend in? (or if we want to fix minor rim scuffs are we better off just having Lexus dealer fix or taking to wheel repair shop, or just living with it)!!

So if anyone has experience or suggestions about fixing minor rim scuffs it would be helpful to anyone thinking about doing this. (BTW-I posted this in SC forum because of PB color matching issue).

Appreciate any help,
Rustitio
Old 03-30-08, 12:37 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since many have viewed and no public responses I will answer my own post with what I have learned from private replies and other forums (sorry there were no replies - maybe that is because home fixes are not a good idea? Seems best to go to local wheel repair shop and have it done professionally vs. trying to fix myself - even though very minor and tempting to try fix myself. So will take another look and decide if it is noticable enough to get fixed - now have names of local wheel repair shops from forum members.

Figure this problem is not uncommon - esp. minor scuffs on rim edge so each person needs to decide how bothered they are by minor rim rash and how minor is minor - if not bent or real damage to rim or wheel.
Rustito