SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

who has rare-color SC430?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 08:35 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default who has rare-color SC430?

All I see is silver, white, black, and sand pearl. Rarely see any reds, and I've never seen amethyst pearl (purple), indigo ink pearl (dark blue) and midnight pine pearl (green). Anyone owns the SC in those rare or never-seen colors?
Old 02-06-02, 10:09 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have the Midnight Pine/Saddle interior -- very rare.
The dealer had 2 of them come in (1 was mine ), and hadn't seen any (with Saddle, at least) before.

Check out my pics at:
http://members.bbnow.net/txalec

It's hard to see the green -- it takes a lot of sunlight to see any color from it. My '93 SC400 in Jade Metallic was greener, but next to the SC430, it looked bluer. Even with the old one, people thought it was black until they got up to it. Now it's even darker.

There's someone in the neighborhood who has the Indigo Ink / Ecru model. VERY nice -- it has more color at lower light than mine, but in bright light, I didn't like it as much (too blue). I like it better on the RX300.
I wish they had released the SC430 in Blue Onyx Pearl (which is available on the ES, GS, and LS).
The following users liked this post:
cjinthesky (03-29-21)
Old 02-07-02, 03:49 AM
1NICESC430
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rare color?!
I have yet to see a 430 of ANY color on the road. Well, except for my silver/black when I look at its reflection in department store windows.
Old 02-07-02, 08:38 AM
MJB
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,

I have the Midnight Amethyst Pearl with sadlle leather. But as I am in London, England, I guess I'm not likely to be spotted by many of you guys. Mine's a direct import from Japan, so it's branded Soarer, not Lexus. I am sure you all know that Toyota only use the Lexus brand on export products (Luxury Export to the US). In Japan, what we call Lexus is always Soarer.

Here's a stock photograph. Sorry I don't have one of my actual car, but it looks just like this except that I chose saddle leather rather than the cream colour (can't remember what they call it..)

It's a stunning exterior colour and looks intriguingly different under different lighting conditions. I never tire of looking in the rear-view mirror to watch the heads turning....

Martin
Attached Thumbnails who has rare-color SC430?-soarer-sc430-small-.jpg  

Last edited by MJB; 02-07-02 at 01:59 PM.
buddhi (06-30-23)
Old 02-07-02, 11:05 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

niiice....like the emblem, very majestic
Old 02-07-02, 02:49 PM
BertL
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an Indigo Ink Pearl / Ecru -- was on order for nearly 8 months in Atlanta with no ETA. By a fluke, a friend found a bonus car that was being delivered and not spoken for in Mission Viejo CA -- flew out that weekend and had it shipped back here. Was told less than 5% of production is Indigo Ink Pearl and that small number has the various interior combinations -- yes, I have a rare one that I adore!
Attached Thumbnails who has rare-color SC430?-da-car.jpg  
Old 02-07-02, 03:11 PM
antigeek
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Very nice, Bert!
I see you used the "sunlight off the front grill corner" to verify that it is actually NOT black.
(I have to do that with mine.)

Enjoy it. Very classy.
Old 02-07-02, 06:56 PM
l3xus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far I've seen Indigo/Cream, 3 of Red/Cream, 4 Silver, 2 Black. Last time when I had my car serviced I saw Indigo/Cream, Amethyst/Cream, Sand(Gold)/Cream on the lot.

The only color I never seen is the Pine(Green) and the newman marcus silver.

It looks like Silver is the most popular color. Surprisingly, I've seen about 3 red color.

BTW, any 1 seen Newman Marcus Silver/Red color.
Is it different from regular silver color?

AB
----------------
Silver/Saddle
Old 02-08-02, 09:17 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lexus/Toyota did this with the Supra. The metallic bluish color was quickly a hard to find car. They just produce less of them, maybe because the demand for the other colorss is so much higher I dont know. They will be a lil more in the years to come, assuming someone wants them. There are reasons why white, black silver and red are the popular colors.
Old 02-08-02, 10:36 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

those colors are amazing.....i think im gonna go to the shop and have my SC 400 painted in blue or purple
any body have pics of the green? i would like to see that
Old 02-08-02, 01:16 PM
stevelaw
Driver

Default To I3xus - I Saw the Neiman Model

I was at my Tampa dealership over the Xmas holidays and they had an Neiman's model ready for delivery. The silver is a darker, almost Pewter, color, and boy are those red seats RED!!!! Too red for my taste. Also had a red engine cover and, I think, also had a red trunk carpet. Apparently also came with a custom car cover, which I only saw rolled up in the trunk. Wheels were chromed, but same style as the regular model. Worth the extra $10,000? Not in my opinion.

The salesman commented that it would be a perfect car for a Tampa Bay Buc football player (of pewter and red fame!), but did not know who was taking delivery of the car.

About a month later, I saw the Neiman model (obviously don't know if it was the same one) going the opposite direction on I-4 between Tampa and Orlando. Had the top down - can't miss that RED interior.

Otherwise in the Tampa area I have seen silver/ecru (same as mine), silver/black, red/saddle (2), white/ecru (2), and black/black (which will double as a barbeque grill during our hot summers).
Old 07-15-20, 11:12 AM
SuperJeff
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got the same one, Indigo Ink Pearl / Ecru. LOVE IT!! Daughters prefer it top-down - I love it in it's classic coupe top-up form. The drive is noticeably tighter top up. Just picked her up a little over a month ago, couldn't be happier!

For the record, my wife calls it "Midlife Blue" - but I'm only 38 so I guess I'm ahead of the game

Last edited by SuperJeff; 07-15-20 at 12:14 PM. Reason: More Detail
joemg (07-15-20)
Old 07-15-20, 11:58 AM
joemg
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 191 Posts

I have "White Gold Crystal" on a 2006 (post facelift, 6spd)... while the color itself isn't rare, 2006 is the only year after the facelift that had it before they switched to starfire pearl in 2007. I don't have production numbers, but I often wonder just how many were ever made. I've seen only 1 other on here.
Old 07-15-20, 12:04 PM
Raven01750
Racer

Received 338 Likes on 271 Posts

Midnight Pine Pearl w saddle interior here. I love how it is green in the full sun but shifts to black on cloudy days and night time. 😁

Paul
The following 2 users liked this post by Raven01750:
joemg (07-15-20), SuperJeff (07-15-20)
Old 07-15-20, 12:17 PM
joemg
Instructor

Received 271 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven01750
Midnight Pine Pearl w saddle interior here. I love how it is green in the full sun but shifts to black on cloudy days and night time. 😁

Paul
Wow, you have one of the green ones? I never realized that before now. Those are really nice and I almost never see them on the road, even here in SoCal. Post more pics, lol.
SuperJeff (07-15-20)

Quick Reply: who has rare-color SC430?