SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

You Light Up My Life??

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-08, 06:17 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You Light Up My Life??

OK - This came up under another topic so since it is it's own topic thought I'd start a new thread - sorry about repeat post.

I use the manual turn on/off for headlights on my 2004 SC430. Problem is I forget to turn the headlights off sometimes when I leave the car and there is no signal to remind me the lights are still on when I leave the car.

I have an "auto" setting on the headlights where they turn on automatically when it gets dark and then turn off automatically after you leave the car. Problem is I didn't like that mode because headlights weren't going on in the rain and other times I wanted lights on because it wasn't dark enough - at least I couldn't tell if they were on or not. So in the "manual" mode I have left the headlights on by mistake several times. My Acura dings if you open the door and have left the headlights on to remind me to turn them off - I like that!!

So, is there another setting I can have turned on that allows you to control on and off of headlights but then turns off automatically when you exit the car or makes a sound to remind me to turn off the headlights??
Rustito
Old 05-27-08, 07:05 PM
bt430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you leave the headlights on they will eventually turn themselves off. Thats why there is no warning tone.
Old 05-27-08, 07:51 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

There is also a C-Best option which can be changed by the dealer which controls the amount of darkness necessary to trigger the headlights.
Old 05-27-08, 08:01 PM
Rustito
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BT - You have it all under control!!! I actually wondered whether the lights turned themselves off on their own. Just to be sure I have this right - you are saying even NOT in the auto mode setting and you have turned on headlights yourself that if you leave them on they will turn themselves off - after how long???

Interesting, I have come back to my car when lights were left on by me in manual mode and I didn't notice the lights were on!! Then I got into the car and noticed light dial was turned to on. Ofcourse I turned them off but since it was during the day that was cloudy I didn't even notice if they had turned themselves off - but wondered why when I approached the car I didn't see the lights on!!

Now how smart are our SC's - maybe smarter than I??
R
Old 05-27-08, 08:43 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Also, if after you've locked the door, hit the "lock" button on the remote again...and it'll turn the lights off, overriding whatever your lights-turn-off-delay is set to.

If you've got the LuxLink Remote-Start option be careful...I've done this, started to walk away, and heard my car starting! Wife's done this too...she forgot something in the car so unlocked it and got what she needed, locked it, and then hit lock again "just to make sure". For those without LuxLink...unlock, lock, lock...is the remote-start sequence. Oops.