SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 needs a bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-08, 12:14 PM
FASTOY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 needs a bra

Hello to all who share my enthusiasm for the SC430. It's only been a few weeks but I am truly thrilled with my selection.

I need to protect the front end and prior to purchase I thought I would ask for your thoughts and experiences. I'm looking for a quality product; your specific suggestions will be appreciated.

FYI, I installed a remote roof opener/remote starter and thoroughly enjoy it. If you want details, just ask.

Thanks

Last edited by FASTOY; 06-05-08 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-05-08, 01:31 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

I'm against bras, both on women and cars. Just my two cents.

Did you get the LuxLink? How was the install?
Old 06-05-08, 01:50 PM
FASTOY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like you, I'm all for freedom but protection is more important.

The LuxLink is awesone. I don't use the remote starter but the top is always going up and down from my key ring. When I exit the car I just touch the dash twice and exit. The top goes up, the engine shuts off and the doors lock. The install was done by a local guy; I was very lucky. It took him about half a day; He had done it once before. He had to make a minor adjustment to the LuxLink box but thereafter it went smoothly. Speak to Steve at LuxLink and tell him Arthur sent you!
Old 06-05-08, 02:26 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A clear bra is more aesthetically pleasing, and will help prevent paint chipping from road debris. It will not prevent dents and dings and such...
Old 06-05-08, 02:42 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fastoy- congratulations on picking up the SC430.

If you're looking for a clear bra shop near you in Georgia - please check out the list of shops here: http://www.clearbrafilms.com/georgia << tell them you're on clearbrafilms.com with a whole list of shops and it should help you get the best price.

good luck!
Old 06-05-08, 03:59 PM
NorCal430
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FASTOY
I need to protect the front end and prior to purchase I thought I would ask for your thoughts and experiences. I'm looking for a quality product; your specific suggestions will be appreciated.
FASTOY,

Here's a quote from one of my recent postings.

I had the standard kit installed on the bumper, fenders, mirrors and the curved area behind the door handles. I didn't like the idea of a line across the hood so I had them do a custom install of the entire hood.

At the same time I had them install the same material on the spoiler in back. I was concerned that it was starting to get small scratches when I closed the trunk. It was just a matter of time before I closed the trunk when it was dirty and the spoiler would be seriously scratched. Now that's not a concern.
I'm in California so I can't recommend a specific installer for you, but make sure you use one who can do custom work. Otherwise they will only have the option (and probably the skills) to install standard kits. The installation of the film on the spoiler is a custom project. Also, there are lots of curves on this car and the film may need to be stretched in places. That's where the skill comes in.
Old 06-05-08, 05:44 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Smile luxlink

Like you, I'm all for freedom but protection is more important.

The LuxLink is awesone. I don't use the remote starter but the top is always going up and down from my key ring. When I exit the car I just touch the dash twice and exit. The top goes up, the engine shuts off and the doors lock. The install was done by a local guy; I was very lucky. It took him about half a day; He had done it once before. He had to make a minor adjustment to the LuxLink box but thereafter it went smoothly. Speak to Steve at LuxLink and tell him Arthur sent you!

I have been wanting the luxlinkl remote start and remote top toy since i bought my 2005. I have skills but I have been scared off by people who have tryed to install themselves or have had installers do the work. I wish I knew of an installer in the Philadelphia area or the Main Line area . I just dont trust my car to the installer that says he can do anything but has never installed the luxlink. I have spoken to steve many times but he has no experience with any installers in my area. I would be willing to travel to NY OR NJ Any one reading this have info I would appreciate it

Buddy
Old 06-05-08, 06:30 PM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a high mileage SC, and the front of my car looks like crap. The front of the hood has taken it the worst. So, in hindsight, I recommend the clear film. If you don't like it, you can always take it off.
Old 06-05-08, 07:19 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

When I exit the car I just touch the dash twice and exit. The top goes up, the engine shuts off and the doors lock.
Are you sure about the doors locking as part of the double touch on the dash switch? I'd love to have that as a feature, but mine definitely doesn't do that.
Old 06-05-08, 07:52 PM
jjbenzo
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 3M clear bras installed on my Lincoln LS and Lexus GS430. Ive had no problems with the Lexus, but I did have to take my Lincoln in this past Monday to get a few areas fixed/trimmed because many of the edges did not lay down properly and were getting dirt trapped underneath. It looked like crap in those areas around the bras edges, but they fixed it with no problems. 3M brand will have a 5 year warrantee. Overall I am very satisfied and will continue to put them on every car I buy. I highly reccomend you go this route.
Old 06-06-08, 06:46 AM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Clear bra is the way to go. It has eliminated any damage I would surely have suffered. Things like bugs and rocks have left no scaring.