SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

daizen anti sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-08, 09:41 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I finally got answer from Daizen "THEY DO NOT COMMUNICATE WITH END USERS YOU HAVE TO CONTACT A DEALER THEY SUGGESTED SEWELL'"

Were kind of arrogant in my opinion. Where would they be with out end users
they think the dealers would buy from them if the end users said no. I had a technical question for them reff there product and they blew me off.

Bad mission statment
Old 06-12-08, 09:55 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"[QUOTE=mrblister;3598322] When I need to regrease in the future what kind of greAse should i use and where can I get it...Appreciate any ones advise on source for grease..."

I was told by a very knowledgeable member here on CL from whom I bought my Daizen sways to use marine grease... it's best for battling the elements...
Old 06-12-08, 07:43 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CenterIsl
I was planning to do this, but I thought there was a mounting bolt problem with the rear bushings (there are a couple of long threads - with very detailed pictures - in the archives). Did you have to modify anything for the rear bushings to fit? I thought the mounting holes were farther appart than the stock bushing bracket _and_ the ES bushings wouldn't fit into the recessed mounting area. Do you have a picture?
I only used the greasable brackets and urathane bushings on the front . I just used the daizen supplied bushings with the oem brackets for the rear There was some talk of a problem trying to retro fit a energy suspension bracket to fit the rears. I feel that the front bar will get more of a work out so i chose to go with the greasable zerk bracket for the front, I did not change any of the end link bushings I just reused my oem ones. My car has 5340 miles on it so bushings are good . From the look of the end links themselves it may be no easy task to try and find urathane bushings to replace them. Would maybe not be worth the trouble and expense. I can allways put oem ones in if for some reason the seem to wear out more know with the daizen sway bar installed

Buddy
Old 06-13-08, 09:26 AM
TXFM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The real issue with the urethane bushings in not wearing out - it's that they can make noise (squeak, squeak) if the lubricant wears from around the bushing, mostly due to environmental factors such as heavy rain, then dry spells. At least that what happens in North Texas. Even if the rears start to make noise, I don't think you'll have the urethane bushings wearing out.
Old 06-13-08, 11:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

correct, noise is the problem, it would be hard to wear them out
Old 07-05-08, 04:32 PM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need assistance!

I just spent my entire morning trying to install just the rear Daizen sway bar. I can't figure out how to get the rear links into the mounting area. The Daizen appears to be too big for it. Can someone tell me how they got around this problem? If not, I think I will have to admit my first mechanical defeat and take it to a mechanic...

Originally Posted by CenterIsl
I was planning to do this, but I thought there was a mounting bolt problem with the rear bushings (there are a couple of long threads - with very detailed pictures - in the archives). Did you have to modify anything for the rear bushings to fit? I thought the mounting holes were farther appart than the stock bushing bracket _and_ the ES bushings wouldn't fit into the recessed mounting area. Do you have a picture?
Old 07-05-08, 07:34 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CAMAracer
I just spent my entire morning trying to install just the rear Daizen sway bar. I can't figure out how to get the rear links into the mounting area. The Daizen appears to be too big for it. Can someone tell me how they got around this problem? If not, I think I will have to admit my first mechanical defeat and take it to a mechanic...
Did you turn the end links 180 degrees. You have to in order for the daizen to line up, I think they are longer. The rear was much easier then the front.

Buddy

Call sewell lexus in texas very helpful.
Old 07-06-08, 12:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

yeah flip the endlinks 180 degrees
Old 07-06-08, 12:13 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Perhaps it is the result on the Blitz exhaust but I found the rears to be a pain vs the fronts. had to drop to the exhaust to get it up in there.
Old 07-06-08, 01:13 AM
CAMAracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought these from a member here in CL...so I believe he had already flipped the links (the bolts are pointed in the direction of the wheels). It's not that the bar doesn't "fit" into the space. It's that the link itself won't fit into the recessed area (where the ~3inch bolt holds it into place). Sorry, I don't know the correct terminology for it.

I'll take pictures and post them so I can point out exactly what I mean. Hopefully someone will know how to resolve this problem.

Another idea I had was to use the end links from the stock bar in place of the one that is on the Daizen swaybar. At least I know that they can fit into that space.
Old 07-06-08, 09:15 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The end links do not come as part of the way bars but it sounds as if you received yours with the end clinks attached. Curious what the seller used in place or if he had extras.

The endlinks have to be wigged back and forth to fit in the control arm. Try some grease on the ends. If this does not work then just use your end links.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 07-06-08 at 11:39 AM.