SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Where to get used parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-08, 11:53 PM
ratha67
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get used parts?

I'm looking for some parts for an '02 sc430. I've tried ebay and I've searched through google...But it seems like pretty slim pickins. Anyone know of a good salvaged parts dealer online or otherwise that has parts for our car? Maybe something local to me in Southern California. I just don't have the patience to call all these wrecking yards.

I'm guessing that with a lot of these small parts, I'll probably have to pick them up from a dealership.

here are a few of the items I'm looking for

-OEM side marker lights (on the front bumper)...Maybe someone on this forum has switched to clear or LED ones and have their stock amber ones for sale.

-OEM fog lights

-OEM Driver side outer door lock/cover

-OEM Bumper trim on front bumper (right underneath the stock grill)

-OEM Engine cover

-trunk struts

-Aftermarket air intake

Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-08, 08:18 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Parts from Salvage

I have located a very large Salvage yard in Central Alabama. The name is Graham's or Billy's Toyota. Every time I have called them they have the part I need. Problem... they are not very cheap! For instance, the tool box in my LS430 was going to cost me $200 vs the dealer price of $400. It is cheaper, but still not what I expected from a salvage yard. They are a good shop and have been around several years.

Link: http://www.billystoyotaparts.com/

Also, try eBay searches. You should find some other salvage yards that have adapted to the online game.
Old 06-15-08, 06:22 PM
ratha67
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I have located a very large Salvage yard in Central Alabama. The name is Graham's or Billy's Toyota. Every time I have called them they have the part I need. Problem... they are not very cheap! For instance, the tool box in my LS430 was going to cost me $200 vs the dealer price of $400. It is cheaper, but still not what I expected from a salvage yard. They are a good shop and have been around several years.

Link: http://www.billystoyotaparts.com/

Also, try eBay searches. You should find some other salvage yards that have adapted to the online game.
Thanks, I'll check with them. A lot of the parts I am shopping for are probably not very expensive, I just don't like paying dealer prices. Anyone else want to chime in?