SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

windscreen on ebay for sc430

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-08, 07:05 AM
coach1
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First time I spotted it I thought the cost was $99.......how did it get to $275??? Also watching the video, the tie-down straps must be pretty long in the front and I don't like removing the cover on the head rest. Just leave the windows rolled up to deflect the windy times, like interstate and cross wind conditions.
Old 09-27-08, 07:46 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The covers come off really easy and you can leave the windscreen installed all the time, Top will go up and down with no clearence issues. The ebay vendor sells the windscreen in his web store for 325.00 + shipping. I won the auction for 275.00 free shipping . I can return it if i dont like it. I will report my results once i install it. I also have the rear 1/4 mod and I will be able to determin if the windscreen works better with or with out my rear windows up or down. The only concern I have is I ride with my seats all the way back and I want to be sure the windscreen does not interfere with the front headrests when the seats are all the way back

Buddy
Old 10-01-08, 09:50 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

I received the windscreen today. It is a well made and looks to be well enginered. I have to install it and test ride it. From what I have been told by owners of other cars that got windscreens from same vendor. They work well . I will report after I install and test drive the car.

Buddy
Old 10-01-08, 09:59 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Thanks for the updates! Looking forward to your review.
Old 10-01-08, 02:44 PM
Dottiebubb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I look forward to your test drive Buddy!

Bob
Old 10-01-08, 07:16 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Smile Windscreen install

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
I was interested in that also, especially since one of my kids routinely sits in the back seat (yes, people, the back seat can be used for humans!) Anyway, there was a thread a while back where one guy with the rear window controller said it made no difference as to wind flow. Ended my interest in the mod. Anyone else with the rear window controller have a different experience?
Ok hear are the details. I went to install the unit simple enough. Except the web straps are backwards . In order to attach the webs to the headrest anchors i had to twist the webbing over the webbing strap that goes to the bottom attachment. It appears it was assembled incorrectly . I have e mailed the vendor and am awaiting the results of my problem. This should give us a good idea that he stands behind his product. I must say it appears to be well made looks good on the car. My interior is pimento red and the windscreen is all black and the exterior of my car is black. I am very happy with the way it looks. I got the impression that it looked like OEM equipment .
once the windscreen is in place you will not be able to put any children in the rear seat if you wanted to. the windscreen covers the rear seat area and actually makes a nice covered [ hide what you might have sittiing on the seat
as well as if you leave your top down the windscreen will keep the rear seat from getting to hot and will also hide some small nick nacks you might keep in the seat .You have to pull the front seats up a bit. If you ride with seat all the way back the windscreen will touch against the front headrest. I am 6 foot tall and i do ride with seat all the way back. However i moved the front seat up a bit to clear the headrests and i fell i will be able to get adjusted to the small loss of leg room . The top can go up or down with the head rest in place in the up or down position . If you have the top allready up with the windscreen in its normal state of up. If you want to lower the windscreen or fold it down on itself you have to put the top down . If the windscreen is folded down on it self and you put the top up you can not raise the windscreen when the top is up. There is no problem as i said putting the top up or down with the windscreen layed down flat or up in its ready position. Its just once the top is up you cant unfold the windscreen or fold it down. I did not go for a ride yet to test it out but it really looks like it will do the trick. It was raining and I did not want to experiment in the rain and I want to get the web twised issue resolved before I start using it . All in all I like it so far but I need time to get the twisted web issued resolved and then i will go on a high speed drive with my ball and chain [ critcal wife ] who does not like the top down because it fluffs her hair. If it will pass muster for her then I say we got a winner.

I felt the price i paid 275.00 no shipping but 7.00 insurance is a bit high but if it works and does what he claims I will be happy with it. Some things you buy are not worth it all and somethings you buy are worth more then you pay. Its all about does it do what you want it to do. and ar eyou willing to pay for it

I dont like putting on junk on my car. This is deffinately not junk and I was impressed with it

I will report on the outcome of the twist6ed web

Buddy
Old 10-01-08, 07:34 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Windscreen install

Originally Posted by mrblister
Ok hear are the details. I went to install the unit simple enough. Except the web straps are backwards . In order to attach the webs to the headrest anchors i had to twist the webbing over the webbing strap that goes to the bottom attachment. It appears it was assembled incorrectly . I have e mailed the vendor and am awaiting the results of my problem. This should give us a good idea that he stands behind his product. I must say it appears to be well made looks good on the car. My interior is pimento red and the windscreen is all black and the exterior of my car is black. I am very happy with the way it looks. I got the impression that it looked like OEM equipment .
once the windscreen is in place you will not be able to put any children in the rear seat if you wanted to. the windscreen covers the rear seat area and actually makes a nice covered [ hide what you might have sittiing on the seat
as well as if you leave your top down the windscreen will keep the rear seat from getting to hot and will also hide some small nick nacks you might keep in the seat .You have to pull the front seats up a bit. If you ride with seat all the way back the windscreen will touch against the front headrest. I am 6 foot tall and i do ride with seat all the way back. However i moved the front seat up a bit to clear the headrests and i fell i will be able to get adjusted to the small loss of leg room . The top can go up or down with the head rest in place in the up or down position . If you have the top allready up with the windscreen in its normal state of up. If you want to lower the windscreen or fold it down on itself you have to put the top down . If the windscreen is folded down on it self and you put the top up you can not raise the windscreen when the top is up. There is no problem as i said putting the top up or down with the windscreen layed down flat or up in its ready position. Its just once the top is up you cant unfold the windscreen or fold it down. I did not go for a ride yet to test it out but it really looks like it will do the trick. It was raining and I did not want to experiment in the rain and I want to get the web twised issue resolved before I start using it . All in all I like it so far but I need time to get the twisted web issued resolved and then i will go on a high speed drive with my ball and chain [ critcal wife ] who does not like the top down because it fluffs her hair. If it will pass muster for her then I say we got a winner.

I felt the price i paid 275.00 no shipping but 7.00 insurance is a bit high but if it works and does what he claims I will be happy with it. Some things you buy are not worth it all and somethings you buy are worth more then you pay. Its all about does it do what you want it to do. and ar eyou willing to pay for it

I dont like putting on junk on my car. This is deffinately not junk and I was impressed with it

I will report on the outcome of the twist6ed web

Buddy

Good news ebay vendor emailed me RIGHT AWAY HE will call me on phone on thursday to discuss how we will resolve the webbing issue . I MAY HAVE TO SEND HIM PHOTOS SO HE CAN SEE WHAT IS WRONG. Seems like a stand up guy and I TOLD HIM THERE MIGHT BE OTHERS INTERESTED FROM THIS GROUP IN HIS WINDSCREEN.

I will keep you posted

Buddy
Old 10-02-08, 06:12 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

...does not like the top down because it fluffs her hair.
Now that's funny!

My wife doesn't complain about the messed-up hair with the top down but, she doesn't agree with me that "45° is not too cold to ride with the top down!"
Old 10-02-08, 11:35 AM
robsvdp
Pole Position

If it turns out that you really like it, maybe we can arrange a group buy.
Old 10-02-08, 01:45 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Smile

Ok spoke to vendor today I sent him pictures as to what the install problem was. Turns out the factory that assembled it installed brackets 180 degrees backwards. All I had to do was unscrew brackets and turn webbing and bracket around. Simple fix . I quess in this worlds hurry up and get it done people make mistakes. The owner of the company was very apoligetic and was apprecitive about my comments on club lexus.

I will re-install the windscreen tonight and if it does not rain I may be able to actually drive the car . I really want to get up to highway speed and go for a good ride . Un-tested it looks like it going to work out well.

Buddy

Last edited by DaveGS4; 10-03-08 at 02:26 PM. Reason: check your PM
Old 10-02-08, 04:51 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Buddy Bear [ Thats really my name ]
This deserves its own thread.
Old 10-02-08, 07:57 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Johnny Cake and Buddy Bear Windscreen Thread

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
This deserves its own thread.
Thats an idea the Johnny Cake and Buddy Bear thread [ Who wins for the funniest name
Old 10-03-08, 11:55 AM
phranq
Driver School Candidate

Default sc430 windscreen

I will keep you posted
Not only overall performance, i.e. reducing wind/noise under highway speeds, I would be interested in knowing how far back you can have your seats with this thing installed...

Thanks!

- frank
(sc nubee)
Old 10-03-08, 02:21 PM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats an idea the Johnny Cake and Buddy Bear thread [ Who wins for the funniest name
hahaha thats a great name, I did meet someone called Rupert Bear. A little OTT IMO
Old 10-05-08, 01:24 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

I drove the car today at highway speed 60 70 mph. I found the wind to be less turbulent in the car. The windscreen stayed put and did not rattle. It works as it is supposed to and looks right at home on the car. I plan to leave it set up on car year round. You can raise or lower the top with it in place . When you look through the rear veiw mirror you can see right through it. Its almost invisible when you look in the mirror. I did have to move my seat from the full back position up to about one and half inches forward to make enough clearence from the windscreen to the back of the headrest . I usually drive with the seat all the way back. The little differance I can get used to .

Buddy

Quick Reply: windscreen on ebay for sc430