SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How fast have you been in your SC430

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-09, 04:14 AM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have done 120 mph and it was only tached at about 3.8 (under 4) with alot left to go. That was with top up on RT-95 on a cool saturday morning in october, with no one else on the road, on my way to work. It did 120 real easy LOL. I just had to do it because I have never owned another vehicle that would do speeds like that that easly.

Last edited by CBG; 04-01-09 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-29-09, 04:45 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

[QUOTE=NACNAC;3975907]Well I dont know if you guys remember but I had a youtube video of me going lil over 140. Its not on there anymore but ill have to put it up again I guess LOL. I did it once more without video, and hit almost 155 then I felt bad for abusing the car Anyway id guess this car can max out around 160+ (without limiter, itll take forever tho) Not to bash on SC430, but its not a great idea to even go that fast in any car.....much less an SC.

I did it twice....never again in my SC

Remember guys...luxury cruiser[/QUO You're right on, a luxury cruiser, once did 95, I'd never abuse my LEXUS, besides I can't afford the fines !!
Old 03-29-09, 05:24 PM
Ned Vo
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Please don't rat me out :)

Hi all,
In early 2000, I along with 29 others graduated from a Police academy in Massachusetts. Most of us assigned to major cities and some local agencies. Anyways, my best bud was assigned at the AIRPORT . After 09-11 incident, this airport was shut down due to national security reason ever since. Though it is closed, 24hrs security is still required by the Fed. Again, my best bud is in charge. Sometimes, we take our marked and unmarked cruiser just go at runway at speed limit . We have to respect the law. Up until today, we have not reach the runway speed limit yet. How fast do airplanes have to run before they could fly? Anyone ?
Our Sc430....haven't try yet
Our gs350awd....easy 130
Our gx470....wife wouldn't let me touch it:-(
My ex-g35coupe single turbo....I learned how to drift by accident
My 1990 300zxTT 2nd owner....almost stock except interior upgrades....low milage ... Silver in great great condition...too nice to beat it. Never brought to the runway!!! Please don't tell!!! Thx
Old 03-29-09, 08:41 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had your friends job it seems to be so fun
300 Mph before it can fly?!
Old 03-30-09, 01:06 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ned Vo
How fast do airplanes have to run before they could fly? Anyone
depends on the aircraft and the load. but for a commercial airliner, the average takeoff speed is anywhere from 130-180 mph.
Old 03-30-09, 04:50 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a comment. I wasn't in our SC but in our ES a couple of weeks ago, got a ticket (that I still haven't called about yet) outside El Paso and I was told I was doing 76 in a 70 (Rte10) so so much for them not bothering you. Does anyone one know what the fine is in Texas for 6 over?
Old 03-31-09, 12:31 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Like NACNAC said, it is a luxury cruiser, I never feels like speeding when I am driving the SC430, but I did have the urge to open it up a few times on the freeway, just felt like feeling the speed, not trying to attain any particular speed nor wanting to see what it can do. I owned and been in much faster cars before, the SC430 is a slower car to me that I have no interest of finding out it's speed capability. We didn't buy the SC430 for speed.

Once with the top up, 130 mph.

Once with the top down, 120 mph or so, it was pretty windy

It is a solid car, from the way it feels and from it's spec, it should do 160~170 mph, it might take a while to get there, but it would, assuming it doesn't have a speed limiter.
Old 03-31-09, 12:38 PM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteadyEddy
Just a comment. I wasn't in our SC but in our ES a couple of weeks ago, got a ticket (that I still haven't called about yet) outside El Paso and I was told I was doing 76 in a 70 (Rte10) so so much for them not bothering you. Does anyone one know what the fine is in Texas for 6 over?
El Paso, Texas?
I live there....ive been pulled over for speeding but never ever paid for one ticket...i always get one of those nice ticket lawyers...they come in handy
Old 03-31-09, 02:19 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks TexasMajor, I already got a letter (flier) in the mail from a lawyer, who would handle the case. May I ask you, who you used and how I can get in touch with him. Please pm me. I'm luvin these threads, learning so much.

Old 03-31-09, 04:53 PM
Yes

Thanks TexasMajor, I already got a letter (flier) in the mail from a lawyer, who would handle the case. May I ask you, who you used and how I can get in touch with him. Please pm me. I'm luvin these threads, learning so much.

there's no point hiring a lawyer for 6 over. anything less than 10 over doesn't go on your insurance. you're better off just paying the fine.
Old 04-01-09, 05:24 AM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jason702
there's no point hiring a lawyer for 6 over. anything less than 10 over doesn't go on your insurance. you're better off just paying the fine.
I'm not sure about you, but i rather pay $50 to get a speeding ticket taken care of opposed to $80-$150...I'm also not sure how you know that it doesnt go on your insurance if its less than 10 over...are you from texas? Your insurance may or may not receive notice, but it sure will go on your driving record.
Old 04-01-09, 10:48 AM
Yes

Originally Posted by TEXASMAJOR
I'm not sure about you, but i rather pay $50 to get a speeding ticket taken care of opposed to $80-$150...I'm also not sure how you know that it doesnt go on your insurance if its less than 10 over...are you from texas? Your insurance may or may not receive notice, but it sure will go on your driving record.
for most states, less than 10 over does not count as a moving violation. but just to be sure, i googled texas state law and it's anything less than 10% of the posted speed limit. since he was going 6 over in a 70, that's less than 10%. so it is not a moving violation. so no points will be assessed to his driving record. therefore, there is no benefit to hiring a lawyer. it'll only cost him more than simply paying his ticket.

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html
Old 04-01-09, 04:14 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Thanks to both TEXASMAJOR and jason702, you both have helped so much. If anyone else wants too, please chime in. I'll have to sleep on this, and look at it tomorrow morning before I call either the judge or the lawyer. Being from Pa. I'm almost ready to say the heck with it, don't pay the ticket no never mind, and never drive in the state of Texas again, or ar least for a long while.
Old 04-01-09, 04:37 PM
Yes

I'm almost ready to say the heck with it, don't pay the ticket no never mind, and never drive in the state of Texas again, or ar least for a long while.
Bad idea. They'll issue a warrant for your arrest. Some states also send unpaid tickets to your home state for collection. If that were to happen, you wouldn't be able to renew your license until you pay your ticket plus whatever the fine is for failure to appear. The failure to appear would be much more than the ticket itself.
Old 04-02-09, 05:02 AM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jason702
for most states, less than 10 over does not count as a moving violation. but just to be sure, i googled texas state law and it's anything less than 10% of the posted speed limit. since he was going 6 over in a 70, that's less than 10%. so it is not a moving violation. so no points will be assessed to his driving record. therefore, there is no benefit to hiring a lawyer. it'll only cost him more than simply paying his ticket.

http://www.speedingticketcentral.com...ng-ticket.html
Good info...i didnt know that and im a Tx resident...ha
The lawyer costs $50(fifty dollars)one time fee
For the 3 tickets i have received in my driving career, i never paid for one.
My driving record is clean....all infractions were dismissed in court. Also, you never have to be present with your lawyer whenever there is a court date.

Quick Reply: How fast have you been in your SC430