SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Navigation button lights flash on and off

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-08, 08:00 AM
starryeyed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation button lights flash on and off

The light that lights the buttons on my navigation system on the dash go on and off. Anyone know what I need to do?
Old 10-11-08, 08:57 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Nav lights buttons

Originally Posted by starryeyed
The light that lights the buttons on my navigation system on the dash go on and off. Anyone know what I need to do?

Sounds like a loose conenctor. Have you had any work done to car recently
Radio work or anything that envolved pulling the led panel that shows your air cond settings and trip computer panel. Does the back light work on this panel. If the lights are flickering I would pull the above mentioned panel and make sure the connectors were all in place and tight there are three connectors that plug into the back of the panel. The panel is removed by using both hand and opeing the nav screen and griping the panel head firmly and then pull stright out you might have to wiggle it a bit. The hardest part of the procedure is you think that your going to rip the dash apart . The module panel that you want to pull out is held in with approx 4 clips. The first time I pulled mine. It took three attempts till I worked up the nerve to really excert pressure. Of course you could allways got to the dealership. If its just a loose conenctor they will most likely charge you hour labor.

Good luvk

Buddy
Old 04-23-09, 12:36 AM
starryeyed
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buttons that say "Menu", "Destination", "Map/Voice" etc. that surround the navigation/radio panel, AND, now the lights that light the middle console for "P", "R", "N", "D", at the gera shift go on and off.
I didn't have any work done on my car that involved the removal of the instrument panel.
I just went to drive my car one night and the button lights were out. Otherwise the actual buttons, navigation system and radio work just fine.