SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Sound System

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-08, 09:45 PM
dag8882
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC430 Sound System

just purchased a 04' lexus sc430 and i blew out the driver's side front left speaker. anyhow, im thinking about just changing out the entire sound system altogether but i dont know if it would look good, kinda always wanted to keep this ride just factory all around. if anybody has changed their system in their SC430 think you could post some pics just so i could see what it looks like. thanks guys!
Old 11-15-08, 10:03 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

to change the entire sound system, you're looking at a major undertaking. it's connected to the navigation and other electronic systems. changing the speakers to aftermarket is much more practical. the head unit itself is quite good. the amps are ok. but it wouldn't be too hard to replace the amps along with the speakers. sound wise, oem speakers are crap. so you should hear a big improvement.
Old 11-16-08, 05:45 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

What speakers would you reccomend? Are the other speakers worth changing the tweeter and the smaller door speaker . Any idea as to cost
Old 11-17-08, 10:29 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jason702
to change the entire sound system, you're looking at a major undertaking. it's connected to the navigation and other electronic systems. changing the speakers to aftermarket is much more practical. the head unit itself is quite good. the amps are ok. but it wouldn't be too hard to replace the amps along with the speakers. sound wise, oem speakers are crap. so you should hear a big improvement.
Actually I dont think its a big undertaking at all. If your not satisfied with the ML system you can first change all the speakers out but I think your probably going to want a new amp also. Get a nice set of MB Quartz components for up front and whatever rear speakers you want. a nice PPI 5 channel amp and a new 8" sub.
Old 11-17-08, 11:57 AM
EliteSC430
Rookie

changing out the stereo is a pain but is worth it if you dont know what the hell you are doing rewiring the stock head unit you will be **** out of luck i know i changed everything in my car componets sub you can see my pics on the forums
Old 11-17-08, 01:41 PM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EliteSC430
changing out the stereo is a pain but is worth it if you dont know what the hell you are doing rewiring the stock head unit you will be **** out of luck i know i changed everything in my car componets sub you can see my pics on the forums
Yea dont change the head unit
Old 11-17-08, 03:03 PM
westrella1
Rookie

I've seen Elite's post. It's very cool, but I don't think I'm as confident w/ my installation abilities. I also found tonydt1g3r's subwoofer posts. Very clean & cool too! Btw, any updates on the subs, tony?

I wanted to know if there are any suggestions for the brands of speaker replacements. The installation guys I've spoken with tell me that the ML speakers are 8 ohms & most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohms, so compatibility may be an issue.

Also, I wanted to know if anyone can suggest the best placement for a new subwoofer. While I don't have any objection to installing a new sub in the stock location, I was wondering if there's a better place. I really like tonydt1g3r's trunk install. I was thinking about having a shallow subwoofer placed underneath the passenger seat, but that might be less than ideal.

Thx in advance!
Old 11-17-08, 06:28 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Here's an EXCELLENT write-up about replacing the stock speakers with aftermarkets.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=288367

Well-done ZGone...if you're still around!
Old 11-17-08, 07:41 PM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tonydt1g3r
Actually I dont think its a big undertaking at all. If your not satisfied with the ML system you can first change all the speakers out but I think your probably going to want a new amp also. Get a nice set of MB Quartz components for up front and whatever rear speakers you want. a nice PPI 5 channel amp and a new 8" sub.
changing the entire system, head unit included, is pretty major judging from what i've seen on here.
Old 11-18-08, 01:30 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I changed out every component in my SC a couple of monthes after I got it. I didnt think it had enough punch or was crisp enough. The shop had the car for about 3 months. The setup is composed of
Pioneer Z1 Head unit
1 Pair Diamond Audio 7" Pro component set for front with a extra pair of 1" Tweeters
1 Pair Diamond Audio Pro 6.5" components for the rear
2 Diamond audio 10" D6 subwoofers
1 JL audio 450.4 and a JL audio 500.1

All the door panels were dynomatted and the factory sub was removed for a piece of ply wood. The whole rear seat area was then dynomatted. Then they installed the bassknob in place of the cigertte lighter. The wood doors close fine. Well on to the pics

Old 11-17-10, 05:48 AM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GammaLex
I changed out every component in my SC a couple of monthes after I got it. I didnt think it had enough punch or was crisp enough. The shop had the car for about 3 months. The setup is composed of
Pioneer Z1 Head unit
1 Pair Diamond Audio 7" Pro component set for front with a extra pair of 1" Tweeters
1 Pair Diamond Audio Pro 6.5" components for the rear
2 Diamond audio 10" D6 subwoofers
1 JL audio 450.4 and a JL audio 500.1

All the door panels were dynomatted and the factory sub was removed for a piece of ply wood. The whole rear seat area was then dynomatted. Then they installed the bassknob in place of the cigertte lighter. The wood doors close fine. Well on to the pics

Dude that system is SICK ! You spent a crazy amount of money on that. The workmanship is top notch! I already know you cant sit in the car with the volume turned halfway. Im a car stereo hobbyist and i can appreciate the time, money and effort put into this install.
Old 11-18-10, 02:53 PM
langsdale
Pole Position

i have a pair of speakers for sale fyi. posted on ebay triplexperformance
plus i have CDT 6.5 with surrounds
Old 08-03-19, 01:55 PM
btho1976
8th Gear

Angry 2004 SC-430 Sound System

I recently replaced the factory radio head (Don't worry I kept it for resale if needed) with a Pioneer MVH-2400 NEX system. I used the Beat-Sonic Aftermarket Stereo Installation Kit for Lexus SC430 Vehicles (MVA-12L) to bridge the connectors and everything on my car panel still works. Navigation, radio, panel doors etc. Now I'm having trouble getting the door speakers to work. The MVA-12L had front and back speaker connections only. I did not replace the Amp. The door speakers have been replaced also. Working on the rear speakers soon.

My problem. I can't get any sound out of my door speakers. All three are dead?

Help. I'm sure I connected the MVA-12L correctly.

Bruce
Old 08-03-19, 04:54 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 885 Likes on 709 Posts

Originally Posted by btho1976
I recently replaced the factory radio head (Don't worry I kept it for resale if needed) with a Pioneer MVH-2400 NEX system. I used the Beat-Sonic Aftermarket Stereo Installation Kit for Lexus SC430 Vehicles (MVA-12L) to bridge the connectors and everything on my car panel still works. Navigation, radio, panel doors etc. Now I'm having trouble getting the door speakers to work. The MVA-12L had front and back speaker connections only. I did not replace the Amp. The door speakers have been replaced also. Working on the rear speakers soon.

My problem. I can't get any sound out of my door speakers. All three are dead?

Help. I'm sure I connected the MVA-12L correctly.

Bruce
The arrow button on the steering wheel is the new front rear fader....push the up arrow about 15 times or 15 seconds....
do you have sound now?
that button is the new fader.

also, do you have sound from the rear speakers?

the Beatsonic does NOT have front and rear speaker wires. It only has one set of input from the radio...left and right. Look at the installation instructions again.
here is the link.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/Instruct...manual_NEW.pdf

Last edited by Bgw70; 08-03-19 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
btho1976 (08-03-19)
Old 08-03-19, 05:25 PM
btho1976
8th Gear

You are the best. Missed that part of the guide. Everything is now 100% working.

Thank you. Bruce

Quick Reply: SC430 Sound System