SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

So sad, my car goes back to stock.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-08, 11:32 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So sad, my car goes back to stock.

I was told by a couple of people that it was a bit sad when their modded SC went back to stock. Well by this weekend, the SC that I've had since 2003 will begin it's "trip" back to stock. Oh how boring it will be to drive a stock SC. I tried to sell the car as is but selling any car, let alone a modded SC, is VERY difficult right now. I want to thank Todd, Henry, Ken, Lee, Mark, Richard, Mike, Carlo, Tee, (sorry if I forgot some of you) for their help and opinions to mod the SC through it's various looks.

Oh, and please do not PM me about my parts. Some are already spoken for and the rest will be listed in the SC430 classified as they become available. Thanks for understanding.
Old 12-24-08, 12:10 AM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sad to see another vet go, your car along with a few others were my inspiration. I wish you the best of luck on your next vehicle of choice, may it be as comfortable and problem free as your SC.
Old 12-24-08, 12:13 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have any LED tails?
Old 12-24-08, 08:25 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Dan, always a pleasure in your presence. Your car was great, your friendship even better. As most of the OGss have moved on a new wave of SC owners are coming in and as the price of this car for used exampled have dropped significantly I suspect there will be a bit more activity here.

I do not envy you at this time, as selling anything including car parts is rough these days because everyone wants a dollar for a penny. I recommend avoiding those that send endless PMs/emails that only focus on price. Generally too much hassle in the long run.

I rarely visit CL these days but it is good to see a few are still around. Good luck with your sale, your correct, it is tough to sell any car, and a V8 rates up there.
Lee

Last edited by Pearlpower; 12-24-08 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-24-08, 10:52 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

eeekk another one bites the dust

Good luck !
Old 12-24-08, 11:08 AM
Roofless
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude.
------
Old 12-24-08, 12:39 PM
mellowcmb
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan,

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one left from the OG group. We had some GOOD TIMES !!! Sometimes I stumble on old pictures of us at the meets and they just bring a smile to my face. Keep us updated on your next venture. Sounds like a Ferrari might be the remedy

Carlo

Last edited by mellowcmb; 12-24-08 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-24-08, 01:32 PM
hipendicul
Pole Position

Dan.. Yeah I think the only things that are selling right now is ths stuff that is cheap and gets over 30mpg. I don't even like to think about what I would be able to get for my SC..

But I took the SC out last weekend for the first time in like 3 weeks and I was once again reminded that while its def not as feature loaded as my GF's IS250 or even as trick as the newest latest, it still turns a lot of heads and is one hell of a nice car.

It would take another atleast $45K car to repalce my SC for me. My Sc would get sold before my Z but the Z would be so much easier to find sometihng to replace it (NSX, FD Rx7, 370z) but what do you replace the SC with? IS's are too common/ghetto, LS's are too big, GS's are a large IS's, don't like the G35/g37 coupes.. etc. Other than maybe a problematic Bmw 6 series or an even bigger bag of problems a Merc SL, I don't really see any competition.

I like high end coupes and I would probably only buy another Japanese car, so I guess my Sc is with me until I can afford a 02+ NSX or maybe a GTR.

Well let me know if I can help and don't keep us in the dark about the new ride..

Laters
Ken

P.s. A GTR is a very tall and big car and it for sure will leave an NSX in the dust but if you ever have one, don't park it next to a real sports car styling..
Attached Thumbnails So sad, my car goes back to stock.-nissangtr_nsx.jpg  
Old 12-24-08, 05:51 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Wow, did not realize the size difference between the two cars. Honestly NSX> GTR for me. I'm strange that way.
But I agree, not much out there that really excites the senses. The SC still stands out and continues to some turn heads.
911tt, Maserati, AMG, GT3, Z06, Viper, are all affordable these days but I'm saving my pennies these days with no inclination to purchase anything pricey at least for the next 2 years with the present economic climate. I would rather have my money tucked away instead of in my driveway. I'm poor what way.

So Dan, what are you or have you selected your new ride?
Old 12-24-08, 08:32 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Hey, it's good to see Carlo is still around!

I am considering three cars: 997 C2S, GTR (although slowly backing away from it because no dealer wants to get close to sticker), and so far leading the pack because of the price (and the 4/50K maintenance) is the M3. I did consider a used Aston and a 996 GT3 but narrowed it down to the above three after bumping around the LA auto show. As I discussed with you Lee, I am a bit leery of getting a 996t mainly because of time and wear.

Carlo, as with you, I did consider a used Ferrari but $1000 oil changes made me change my mind. I want a car that I can drive, really drive.
Old 12-24-08, 11:02 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Other than the horrible orange peal, nothing wrong with the new M3. Great car. The 997 is also a keeper for sure. Keep us posted Dan.
Old 12-25-08, 03:58 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

I hope you stick around for advice... after this car gets old.. I have to get a Lambo...
Old 12-25-08, 08:57 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Dan_K be like smooth8 and get an NSX and boost it..His NSX outruns any GTR in Socal.
Old 12-26-08, 02:15 AM
Cristian R
Driver School Candidate

Smile admirable efforts made by you

be in touch with me.
Old 12-26-08, 02:26 AM
Cristian R
Driver School Candidate

Smile well i am unable to understand yout talk

what do you want to understand about this.

Quick Reply: So sad, my car goes back to stock.