SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

How to order New Key's???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-09, 10:06 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember correctly, I bought a used Lexus oem key on Ebay for almost nothing to get the chip. Tami told me which type to buy for the sc430 and then I bought the key blank from her which she cut and sent it to me for like $60-65. I put the chip into her keyblank (Which looks like a Lexus one) and she furnished me with the instructions on how to program it to the car. I remember it was a lot cheaper than Sewell at the time. Times may have changed but I was happy at the time and she sold me a more heavy duty key blank. She said that the Ebay keyblanks are made of super hard metals and most key places will not even cut them because it ruins their machines.
Old 01-05-09, 10:09 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Farkas, do you have Tami's direct number. I need a key..
Here is their website... I have nothing to do personally with them but just passing on a good vendor...

http://www.toy-lex.com/
Old 01-05-09, 05:53 PM
ghfoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone.

Gene
Old 01-06-09, 08:05 PM
olsliproc
Driver School Candidate

Default Simple Solution or Key replacement

Do not go to the dealer they are crooks!
How can someone look you in the face and say that will be $300.00 for a key?

1.Go to ebay
2.Do not pay more then 60.00
3.Make sure you buy one with programming instructions they almost all include this. The dealer wants an additional 50.00 to program if you just get it cut. you can program it right in your driveway by slamming doors and unlocking the doors in some type of lexus key program chant...

Then once the key is in your hand take it to a locksmith I waived a guy down on the street in a 1997 Chevy Astro with 280,000miles on it. This thing was rough... and so was he!

He cut it for me for 40.00 right in a wendy's parking lot.
Even he asked me if he could program it for another 50.00.
They I read the instructions mailed from the seller on ebay and within 5 minutes I had a programmed Lexus key all for under 130.00

Save your money for other things...

Tim
Old 01-08-09, 03:50 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I just bought a brand new OEM Lexus master key for my 06' SC430 for $152 from www.lexuspartsworld.com, and they cutted it for free.

Then I programmed it myself using these instructions:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ogramming.html

Seems like if you go jump thru hoops and go the Ebay route with uncertain results, you only save $20~$30. I rather spend an extra $20 for an OEM key from a dealer.
Old 01-08-09, 03:52 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jason702
Their site has it listed at $135 +$15 to cut it +$10 if you want an OEM case, so $160. Sewell charges $152 after the club lexus discount. It looks like you can get one on ebay for around $70.
How do you get the club lexus discount from Sewell? I looked before and couldn't find it. It must be some kind of discount code?
Old 01-18-09, 09:04 AM
irlundee
Driver School Candidate

thumbs-down for toy-lex.com

I purchased a spare key, faxed documentation, no response, emailed them, no response, logged in online and the deleted my order and didn't charge my card.

Horrible service, try elsewhere.
Old 01-18-09, 11:22 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BNR34
How do you get the club lexus discount from Sewell? I looked before and couldn't find it. It must be some kind of discount code?
try this code CL911M

if that doesn't work, call and ask what the current code is.
Old 01-18-09, 12:10 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jason702
try this code CL911M

if that doesn't work, call and ask what the current code is.
Thank you, I appreciate that
Old 01-19-09, 05:06 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by irlundee
thumbs-down for toy-lex.com

I purchased a spare key, faxed documentation, no response, emailed them, no response, logged in online and the deleted my order and didn't charge my card.

Horrible service, try elsewhere.
irlundee, If you had read the website you would have seen that Tami came down with Guillain-Barre Syndrome that can paralyze you and she was VERY sick. She posted an apology to all and tried to respond to all from her bed! She did not rip you off nor did she take your money. Now she has this posted...

To My Valued Customers

I would like to thank you for your support and your patience with me during the last 6 months. I have been dealing with and recovering from a very serious illness which has left me unavailable to answer calls and emails in a timely manner. I am now strong enough to return to work full time beginning Monday 9/8/08. If you would like to know more about Guillain-Barre Syndrome you can read more about it at the GBS Foundation.

Please do not pass on her services as she is #1 and is trying to make a living just like us all.
Old 03-11-09, 03:08 PM
gebo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I ordered a key from TOY-LEX and waited 3 weeks understanding that sickness is a bad deal. I finally got it but it will not work and no one will return my phone calls or emails. I've called the Toy-Lex number 5 times, left 5 messages and sent 6 emails. I called the telephone number on my VISA listed beside the $47 charge and it is for East Coast Locksmith in FL at (321) 783-8338 and the guy said the telephone numbers had never been changed. I guess the name had not been changed either ???
I just got off the phone with VISA and I now find out "they" have charged my card a 2nd time. I am now having to shut down my card due to unauthorized charges by them. These are facts. You make your call. (I wouldn't be calling Toy-Lex!)
Old 03-11-09, 07:50 PM
farkas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gebo
I ordered a key from TOY-LEX and waited 3 weeks understanding that sickness is a bad deal. I finally got it but it will not work and no one will return my phone calls or emails. I've called the Toy-Lex number 5 times, left 5 messages and sent 6 emails. I called the telephone number on my VISA listed beside the $47 charge and it is for East Coast Locksmith in FL at (321) 783-8338 and the guy said the telephone numbers had never been changed. I guess the name had not been changed either ???
I just got off the phone with VISA and I now find out "they" have charged my card a 2nd time. I am now having to shut down my card due to unauthorized charges by them. These are facts. You make your call. (I wouldn't be calling Toy-Lex!)
Wow that doesn't sound good for Tami! I am sorry that you are having problems with them. You say your key does not work. What do you mean? Does it not fit the lock or does it not start the car but turns in the lock? If you are having programming problems than I may be able to help you out. Let me know!
Old 03-12-09, 05:00 AM
gebo
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

It will not turn in the ignition. All I got was a cut blank. My electronics are the same. It is not cut like the other ones. If all you needed was a key cut and you have the code, where would you go? I really want the blank to have the Lexus logo on it. I know. Somewhat vain.
Old 03-12-09, 06:16 AM
farkas
Lead Lap

I guess your best bet would be Sewell....They can cut the key for you by your VIN. GL !!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-09, 12:40 PM
bopc1996
Driver School Candidate

I just replaced my broken main key.Luckily I had 2 main keys but still wanted an extra. I also still had the electronic component from my broken key. I bought a shell off of ebay for $10. Inserted my electronic component and called around until I found a locksmith that had the equipment to cut the key. Locksmith charged me $20. Now no problem. But if I did not have the electronic component Iwould of had to deal with the dealership.

Quick Reply: How to order New Key's???