SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

sc430 and iphone and bluetooth delay

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 11:50 AM
skarlie
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc430 and iphone and bluetooth delay

I am using an iPhone through the Bluetooth hands free system. While the call is dialing and until the person answers, the speakers do not broadcast any audio. So by the time I hear them they are saying HELLO HELLO. My Motorola Q phone did not have this problem. Any ideas?
Old 01-07-09, 12:39 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Same with my Nokia E50, although I think if I initiate the call from the car's phone book, then I'll hear the "ringing," the person answer, etc. Not sure if I remember that correctly, I'll have to test.

But definitely silence on handset calls until the person answers and it was not like that on my last cellphone which was a Sanyo. You're right that you miss the first couple of seconds of the call.

It's kinda annoying, but I try to focus on the good side -- I can listen to music until the moment the person answers. Sorta like having a secretary put the call through.

The second the music stops or (if you are not listening to music) the second the display indicates the completed call, just start talking and assume that the person has said HELLO. It can be embarrasing. I called my wife's private line once and, when the music stopped, said, "HI HONEY" only to have her secretary say, "I think you were expecting someone else!!!"

But if there's a "fix" for this, I'm interested.
Old 01-07-09, 01:15 PM
axel
Rookie

I have the same issue with my Blackberry Curve (8320). I usually initiate the call from the Blackberry and I hear nothing until after the other party has picked up. I would prefer to hear the ringing as well....
Old 01-07-09, 03:53 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Just checked and I do hear the ring when calling from the Lexus phone book, but not when dialing from the handset.

Did a quick Google search and there are a number of threads like this one, MANY involving Lexus. No solutions.
Old 01-07-09, 04:06 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts
Default I phone 3g

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Just checked and I do hear the ring when calling from the Lexus phone book, but not when dialing from the handset.

Did a quick Google search and there are a number of threads like this one, MANY involving Lexus. No solutions.

Hey Johnny

Do you get the static burst when you start the call. I seem to get it every other call and it does not make any diff where i place the phone.

Buddy
Old 01-07-09, 04:50 PM
skarlie
Driver School Candidate

Default Bluetooth Phone

I appreciate these replies. Can someone direct me to the instructions for loading phone numbers into car phonebook? Can it be done automatically from the phone?
Old 01-07-09, 05:14 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Phone book

Originally Posted by skarlie
I appreciate these replies. Can someone direct me to the instructions for loading phone numbers into car phonebook? Can it be done automatically from the phone?

The answer to your question is yes and no. Depending on which phone you have will determine if you can upload the entire phone book at once or you may have to upload them one at a time. Lexus has a compatability sheet that will tell you which phone siupports what. I had a motorola original razer
v3. That phone i had to upload one at a time . I now have the I Phone 3g and you can not upload any phone numbers from that phone. The only way I can add new numbers to my lexus phone book is to first load them into my old razer phone and then upload them to the car with the razer. Once the numbers are uploaded by which ever phone you used. You will be able to dial out from any bluetooth phone and will be able to access the lexus phone book. So in otherwords. The numbers i had loaded with my razer before I got the I phone I can use the I phone to dial them . I just cant upload new numbers from the I phone .

I would add one note my old razer has an unregistered sim card in it and i can still use it to just upload any new numbers. I keep the old phone in my glove box just for the upload purpose.

Buddy
Old 01-07-09, 05:30 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Buddy -- I think the static burst is iPhone only. Never heard anyone else complain of that problem. I don't have an iPhone.

As for uploading the phone book, until last month, I never really understood what people were talking about but I finally figured it out.

Mostly, you need to look at your contacts in your phone and what options you have for each (like edit, etc.). If there is a SEND option, pick that and then look for a VIA BLUETOOTH option. If you are really, really lucky, you will have an option to SELECT ALL contacts and then SEND via BLUETOOTH. Until last month, I had no idea that my Nokia could do that, but presto, the entire phone book sent to the SC in less than a minute.
Old 01-07-09, 06:11 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Default Phone book

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Buddy -- I think the static burst is iPhone only. Never heard anyone else complain of that problem. I don't have an iPhone.

As for uploading the phone book, until last month, I never really understood what people were talking about but I finally figured it out.

Mostly, you need to look at your contacts in your phone and what options you have for each (like edit, etc.). If there is a SEND option, pick that and then look for a VIA BLUETOOTH option. If you are really, really lucky, you will have an option to SELECT ALL contacts and then SEND via BLUETOOTH. Until last month, I had no idea that my Nokia could do that, but presto, the entire phone book sent to the SC in less than a minute.

Hi Johnny

I know that some phones you can and some you cant. Your lucky you are able to. You did load the 18 preset one dial numbers in . You can access these even if the car is moving . Its one touch dialing . I think I told you that before . Yeh the I phone is a neat toy just got to watch the volume of the car That static burst will scare you to death. When you call apple they say they never have heard of the issue . I say nonsense they know they just have no fix for it

Buddy