SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-13, 04:27 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Really nice setup LexDoIt! Awesome wheels and that chromed out top looks boss. Really unique.
Old 07-10-13, 05:17 PM
Autoplak
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanx to all for sharing pics of their beautiful rides. Inspires a new owner like me (5 weeks)
Old 07-10-13, 08:30 PM
SrWilliams
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexdoit:

Really lovely car. I have a pearl white SC also. Can you tell me the model and brand of your wheels I would like to look into getting a set
Old 07-10-13, 09:08 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SrWilliams
Lexdoit:

Really lovely car. I have a pearl white SC also. Can you tell me the model and brand of your wheels I would like to look into getting a set
Vossen CV3
Old 07-10-13, 09:09 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by lexDoit

Yea will def look into air bags
Something not rite

That was not a 07 PB edition, but you have red interior........There's something you should tell us
Old 07-12-13, 12:30 AM
lexDoit
Rookie

Yea definitely not an PB sc. It's actually a 2002 . Was originally black saddle brown interior -which I dreaded. Re did everything. Wheels are 20" vossen cv3 thank you for the compliments there are alot of nice sc on this thread!
Old 07-12-13, 07:52 PM
lexDoit
Rookie

Old 07-13-13, 06:24 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some pics of my 2002 after I did a five step polish and wax last weekend.
Next, I am looking for some tourmaline wheels (if you have a set for sale, PM me )......

Old 07-13-13, 07:26 AM
hlthlnk
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks great! What tire dressing are you using? How long after you dressed the tires did you take the picture? So, the reason I ask is because I have tried several different brands of tire dressing and they all streak after a day or two. In other words the tire has uneven shine in some spots.
Thanks
Old 07-13-13, 09:28 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Default Cleaning Products

Originally Posted by hlthlnk
Looks great! What tire dressing are you using? How long after you dressed the tires did you take the picture? So, the reason I ask is because I have tried several different brands of tire dressing and they all streak after a day or two. In other words the tire has uneven shine in some spots.
Thanks
Thanks!
These pictures were taken about 36 hours after I had completed the detail (including dressing the tires). I use a professional line Meguiar's product for the tires: "All Season Tire Dressing" - It's a dark blue liquid that I buy in bulk one gallon containers and then put into 32oz trigger spray bottles. I buy it from ADS (Auto Detailing Solutions) because I don't know where to buy professional products locally. I find this product last a week or two (typically outlast how clean the rest of the car is)......and it really is not very expensive. It also works in the cold winter months (a must in Ohio). I've tried all the Meguiar's tire dressings (including the ones that are supposed to be better than this one), but I really prefer this product.

As for the paint: I used A Meguiar's fine clay bar along with Meguiar's Last Touch Detailer Spray to clay the surface. Then I polished with Meguiar's Ultimate Polishing Compound to get the Swirls and Light Scratches out. Then I conditioned the Paint with Meguiar's Show Car Glaze. I then sealed the Paint with Wolfgang's Synthetic Paint Sealant 3.0. Finally, I added two coats of Wolfgang's Fuzion Wax as a topper. I often use Pinnacle Souveran wax, but this time I used the Fusion from Wolfgang (honestly, the Pinnacle is a bit better).

STANDARD DISCLAIMER - I am not affiliated with any of these products or distributors, I just use their products and truly believe in them.

Michael
Old 07-13-13, 09:37 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Default Leather ........

I am actually detailing the interior of my SC430 and my wife's Sequoia this week (one guess as to which takes more time).........

I have used a two steps process on all my leather seats for years. I found the top end car detailers were using this product system along with high end dealers such as Ferrari. I must warn you, it's expensive, but I find the results worth it........

It's called "leatherique Rejuvenator". The first steps is to put an oil all over the leather and let it sit for hours until is soaks in and dries. Then you clean off the residue with a standard leather cleaner from them. The results are a very soft leather surface that is really clean. I dread buying these kits because they run about $90 for a 32 oz. two part kit. However, you can often find them 30% off (but even that is still expensive). I do like the results and people always ask me why my seats feel and look so good.........

STANDARD DISCLAIMER - I am not affiliated in any way with this product or it's distributor, I just use it and truly believe in its value.

Michael
Old 07-13-13, 10:03 AM
jmezo
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

lexDoit, Whats the specs on your wheels...?
Old 07-13-13, 10:42 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Taysdad:

I see that the detailing bug got the better of you like it did me. Haha What city are you in Ohio? I have a couple contacts up there that sell the detailing crack stuff.
Old 07-13-13, 11:53 AM
Taysdad
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by huy33
Taysdad:

I see that the detailing bug got the better of you like it did me. Haha What city are you in Ohio? I have a couple contacts up there that sell the detailing crack stuff.
Yes - it's all part of the cleaning OCD I deal with

I am in Mason, Ohio -- northern suburb of Cincinnati.

Michael

Last edited by Taysdad; 07-13-13 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Correcting the nonsensical sentence I wrote
Old 07-14-13, 07:43 AM
huy33
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Taysdad
Yes - it's all part of the cleaning OCD I deal with

I am in Mason, Ohio -- northern suburb of Cincinnati.

Michael
Closest guy I know is on the opposite end of you in Columbus. He has a BUNCH of cool stuff at his place and does detailing classes too.

http://esotericdetail.com/

Quick Reply: Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)