SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-13, 09:48 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Another cool pic from Wekfest...

Old 09-08-13, 05:09 PM
sjscatns
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003BlackXXR 19 inch Lowered with exhaust mod

My Dad passed down to me and I just put on XXR 19 inch, wheels, spacers in rear, lowered with H&R springs, and modified exhaust. Has 54Kmiles on it and now love it. Open to comments/feedback. Considering body kit next? Scott
Attached Thumbnails Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-lexus-lowered-with-xxr-wheels.jpg   Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-xxr19-inch-wheels-side-view-top-up.jpg   Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-side-view-top-down-lowered-xxr-19-inch.jpg   Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-frontside-top-down.jpg  
Old 09-08-13, 07:14 PM
76210Guy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice man. Welcome!
Old 09-09-13, 05:07 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Lucky guy! Looks great and low miles! What did your dad replace it with?
Old 09-09-13, 10:00 PM
sjscatns
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by barncat
Lucky guy! Looks great and low miles! What did your dad replace it with?
He actually passed away just over a year ago, in his mid 70's. He wanted me to have and I am sure he would love the improvements. Appreciate the feedback!
Old 09-24-13, 11:47 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Didn't see anyone post pic lately. let me validate it with my crappy phone pic,

I realize I never post a pic of my SC after I drop it with new Tein CS
Attached Thumbnails Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-20130817_190718_resized.jpg  

Last edited by grabber2; 09-26-13 at 04:46 AM.
Old 09-26-13, 05:54 AM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry about your father sjscatns but I am sure he would love the tasteful mods you have done. I would say start with the 06+ tails I think that was the first mod we did, eventually we ended up doing a Wald Rep kid but being that it was rep it ended up being a headache and expensive so if at all possible go with an authentic kit. Right now we are looking into fender vents and maybe shaving off the antenna. Good luck and welcome! Here is a pic of our SC and ISF on Tuesday night.
Attached Thumbnails Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)-movie.jpeg  
Old 09-26-13, 07:32 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Sorry about your dad sjscatns! My first car was a white-on-white Pontiac Grand Prix under the same circumstances. Added 3 duces to the 389 and it could move out! Loved that car and wish I still owned it.
Old 09-26-13, 08:58 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sjscatns
My Dad passed down to me and I just put on XXR 19 inch, wheels, spacers in rear, lowered with H&R springs, and modified exhaust. Has 54Kmiles on it and now love it. Open to comments/feedback. Considering body kit next? Scott
It all depends what you want to do with it and what your budget is. Some things I would consider:

Taillights.

You could either buy 06+ lights or put red tint on the ones you have. Both options are a big improvement.

Body kit.

I'd only get a kit if you have the money to do it right. An authentic, high-end kit will more or less bolt on with minimal modification. A cheap knock off kit from ebay (or any other source) will require heavy modification. You'll end up paying the body shop as much in labor as it would have cost to buy a real kit. I'd say you're looking at about $4,500 including paint and install. More for some kits.

Exhaust tips.

It sounds like you already modified your exhaust. I'd change out the tips.

Headlights.

If you can find a used set of 06+ headlights, they'll give you a more aggressive look. I say used because new are ridiculously expensive in my opinion. If you also do a body kit, do this at the same time. They're shaped slightly different, so you'll want the kit to match. If you upgrade the lights later, it's a simple modification of the bumper, but they'll have to pull it off and repaint it, so it's expensive.

Cold air intake.

You can replace the stock air intake with a cold air intake. They say it increases your horsepower, but it really doesn't. What it does do is give your car a deep growl when you get on it. It's a pretty cheap mod and almost anyone can do it on their own. Takes about an hour. Less if you're mechanically inclined.

Headers.

Probably the cheapest performance mod you can do that makes a difference. But it's still not cheap. Between parts and labor, it's around $1,200.

De-badging.

You can remove the Lexus logo from the front. It's a single screw. Once gone, it looks like an aftermarket grill. Much cleaner look in my opinion. With some dental floss and goo gone, you can remove the Lexus and SC430 badging from the back. You'll also need to polish it a bit to get rid of the ghosting. Again, it's a cleaner look. I'd leave the "L" alone. It has a couple pins going into the metal. And it would look weird to have an empty circle with nothing in it. Best part of de-badging is it's free.

Last edited by Yes; 09-26-13 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-29-13, 05:40 PM
b3player
Driver School Candidate

I took this picture today at my parent's house..

Old 09-30-13, 11:49 AM
DonnyBoy
Driver School Candidate

Sweet rides everybody! Here's my other gf:

Old 09-30-13, 11:10 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Busted lip < no lip < duck lips...

Old 10-01-13, 08:09 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
Leave it to the police to park next to me at a completely empty parking lot at an airport hotel...
Thanks for the note ShawnOk about that company using my car for advertising. We'll see what they say to my email....
Old 10-04-13, 09:47 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Updated to '06 tails....but didn't buy the reflectors.

The shape of the bottom portion of the '02-'05 reflectors are different. The portion of the reflector that butts up against the actuall taillight is a different curveature. I used my '02 reflectors but filled in the gap with fiberglass and then covered with tail lense repair film. Looks pretty good and saved me a couple hundred bucks.

You can see the gap before I filled it in:

Here's the completed reflector:

Old 10-08-13, 06:21 AM
blackangus
Pit Crew

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

thanks to everyone who has posted an image lately for keeping the thread alive. beautiful cars.

Quick Reply: Post the most recent pic of your SC (merged threads)