Considering low mileage SC430 for my wife

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-09, 05:30 PM
SteveL2
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering low mileage SC430 for my wife

Hi Everyone,

Great forum here. I spent some time today reading through various threads (but haven't yet figured out how to see the archived ones other than random searching). I found lots of helpful advice, but I thought I'd supplement it by asking for anyone to contribute their thoughts.

My wife has mentioned having a convertible for several years but only now appears ready to really take the plunge. Until now, she has hardly been an adventurist with her cars (88 Prelude, 94 Camry, 99 Acura TL, 04 Acura TL). She enjoys a quiet ride and creature comforts. She is a professional and spends tons of time on the phone, so with a convertible the hardtop is a necessity. I've looked at the "top few" or so of those online and believe the SC430 is the best fit, least when reading about them (others were Caddy XLR, MB SL or SLK, BMW 328). So far we've not test driven one. She is happy with the ride of her current '04 Acura TL and is addicted to the Bluetooth; hers has no Nav system, but we have it on an '05 Honda minivan and I have it on my '05 Corvette, so she would like it on her next car and I've seen the reviews here and hopefully the SC430 Nav will suffice.

Given the above, I'm hoping to find a low mileage SC430, which would likely mean 2007 or 2008, and perhaps 2006. She had a bad experience with the tan interior on her Acura scuffing too easily, so although I'd rather her stick with tan I think she might want to avoid it. I actually think it was the leather, as the interior of her '99 TL was much heartier than the '04. External color is not important to her.

Any thoughts, tips, advice you care to provide would be great. I thought I read earlier today about some option packages in the SC430, but now I can't locate that again so perhaps I was mistakenly reading about a different Lexus?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-09, 09:39 PM
bursond
Pole Position

Exclamation

These are really nice vehicles. I think you will not be disappointed. I have been searching one for wife as well. Look in the Lexus Club Classifieds--SC40...Let me know if this helps...there are 116 CPO(3years 100,000 miles B to B war.) SC430 in the US that I can see if you can't get one off these guys. here is the link: http://www.lcpo.com/cpo_poresults.ps...hSortOrder=asc

Here are some Pics: Good luck, and welcome.

Comments: Come test drive this gorgeous Millennium Silver Metallic SC430 at Lexus of Edison! This 2005 Lexus Hard-top convertible is a one-owner vehicle in fantastic condition with 36,500 miles. Extremely well-kept Lexus both inside and out. Saddle-colored leather interior with heated seats in great shape. Includes Navigation, Upgraded Mark Levinson audio, rear spoiler, and bluetooth technology. 18 Alloy wheels with all-season run-flat tires., , Passenger: Heated cushion and seatback, Front Headrests: W/tilt, Door Trim: Genuine wood, Remote Mirrors: Power remote w/tilt down, Dash Trim: Genuine wood, Vinyl Floor Covering: Color-keyed carpet, Turning Circle: 35.40, Stabilizer Bar: Front and rear, Easy Entry: Manual, Multimedia CD Location: 6-disc in-dash mounted, Door Reinforcement, Audio System: AM/FM stereo, Speakers: 9, Steering Power: Hydraulic power-assist, Passenger Lumbar: Power 2-way, MPG Automatic City: 18, Drivers Power: 8, Remote Trunk Release: Power, Premium Speakers: Mark Levinson, Memory Features, Windows: Power, Heat Ducts, Drivers Lumbar: Power 2-way, ABS: 4-wheel, Traction Control, Body Type: Convertible, Brakes: 4 wheel disc, Steering Wheel Control: Audio cruise control, Convertible Roof: Power, Seating Capacity: 4, Rearview Mirror: Day-night, Power Door Locks: Power with 2 stage unlock, Removable Roof: Retractable, Trunk Release: Power, Air Conditioning: Automatic, Luggage Capacity: 8.80 Cubic Feet, Shift ****: Genuine wood, Center Console Trim: Leather/genuine wood, Door Pockets, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Headlights Dusksensor: Fully automatic, Independent Suspension: Independent, Driven Wheels: Rear-wheel, Ground Clearance: 5.60 Inches, Steering Wheel Trim: Leather/genuine wood, Engine Immobilizer, Passenger Height: Power, Upholstery: Leather, Steering Adjustment: Power tilting and telescoping, Stability Control, Front Seat Type: Bucket, Drivers Height: Power, Trunk Lights, Fog Lights: Front, Brake Assist, Headlights Auto Delay, Memory Features Number of Drivers: 2, Retained Accessory Power, Driver and Passenger Airbag, Anti Theft System, Reverse Tilt Mirror, Side Airbags: Seat mounted, Seatback Storage: 2, Passenger Power: 8, Max Cargo Capacity: 9.00 Cubic Feet, Max Gross Vehicle Weight: 4530.00 Pounds, Vanity Mirrors: Driver and passenger, Cupholders, Daytime Running Light, Mats: Carpet front and rear, MPG Automatic Highway: 23, Universal Remote Transmitter, Aspiration: Normal, Power Outlets: 2, Mirrors: Power remote, Rear Door Type: Trunk, Valves Per Cylinder: 4, Headlights: High intensity low beam, Headlight Cleaners: Washer, Reading Lights: Front, Transmission: 5-Speed Automatic, Cargo Volume: 9.00 Cubic Feet, Curb Weight: 3840.00 Pounds, Cruise Control: With steering wheel controls, Drivers: Heated cushion and seatback, Fuel Type: Gas, Air Filtration
Old 02-17-09, 10:23 AM
SteveL2
Driver School Candidate

bursond - Thanks for the response, and it looks like you and I are from the very same city. I'll check out that list. I also have a friend that assist with auction cars so I might explore that route as well. First thing I need to do in any case is get my wife a test drive, so hopefully we'll be doing that soon.