New project !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-09, 11:43 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New project !!

Hi again

I have an idea that I want to share with you all. My girlfriend drives a Mercedes CLK 350 2006. I noticed the the rear small windows can go down by a saperate botton! each side has a botton that when you press, it will slide the rear window down.
In my SC430 2004, I noticed that the rear side windows slide down only when opening the hard top! there is no special botton to slide it down or up!

Now what if I found the wire to the electrical machine that slides the window down and fix a botton for it so that I can slide the window down or up whenever I want even when the hardtop is on!!

is it possible? anybody tried it?

Does the newer models got such bottons?!!?
Old 03-04-09, 12:52 AM
Shawn808
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesnt the luxlink have this option?

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/prod...uxLink&p_cat=3
Old 03-04-09, 06:45 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Its called the quarter window module, Its available from luxlink the module itself costs
$ 150.00 Is major invasive install but it does work. I dont know if you can install it with out the luxlink remote top ,

Buddy
Old 03-04-09, 08:26 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

The LuxLink rear window system is just a wildly marked-up and re-packaged "automatic window roll up/down" module which are usually used as an add-on for an alarm systems to roll-up the windows when the alarm is armed. I once got the instruction sheet from the LuxLink people and it had the module manufacturer's name. As I recall, they marked up the module about $100 from what it cost at AutoZone.

Most of these generic systems also provide for "one touch" operation from the factory switches, for those cars which don't have that feature. Of course, the SC430 not only doesn't have the "one touch" for the rear windows, it has no control at all!! So these modules add that.

Here's a cut/paste from one of the many units which handle this:

530T Power Window Roll-up/Down

Integrate factory power windows with your security system, for convenient remote control operation. Roll up windows upon arming, or use an auxiliary channel to roll down or vent the windows. This unit will automate the factory windows to Express (One Touch) both up and down or stop anywhere in between. Uses the Factory power window switches. The updated version now includes adjustable resistance dipswitches to compensate for different type of vehicles that uses very efficient or inefficient windows.
Old 03-04-09, 07:22 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Thanks everybody for the info, I feel that am surrounded by many professionals (JohnnyCake, mrblister, shawn808) and am the only one who still lives in the stone age (:
It seems that I was a little more excited when I bought my SC (:

So, what I understand that the roll up/down machines are there but I need to install a module to control it.
I will do some further research and comeback with my findings later
Old 03-04-09, 07:32 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

post pics of your findings
Old 03-04-09, 08:44 PM
Turboo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Brah Pitt
post pics of your findings