SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

That jack in your truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-09 | 01:13 PM
Wheel Dr
Rookie

Default That jack in your truck

I have to admit my jack was trashed when I bought my sc, should have known when I saw it lying out of place where that itty bitty spare is supposed to fit. I took it out and thought about adjusting my cs coilovers but I could bareley get it to move either in or out. Heres where the wd 40 came out and I soaked it, waited half an hour and tried again,its moving but I have to stand on it and use a wrench to flatten the jack out so it will fit in the proper tray. I finally after much groaning and mumbling 4 letter words at a peice of metal with screw through it, I beat it, yes I finally could fit it into where it belonged.
So I started thinking, what if I I ever need a jack,the one I have is worthless but it fits. I call the local Lexus dealer, inquiring about a new jack!189.00 bucks, now I love my lexus, but some of the parts prices are pretty wack, the jack is in that catagory its a poorly designed unit.
You can toss everything but the 2eyehooks for towing, get a super micro jack and wheel wrench for 139.oo they work better and are easier to operate than the traditional jack that came with our cars , getting those lugnuts off with our wrench is especially fun.Google 12 volt jacks and check it out, the best deal I found was 139.00 for the jack and 30 to 1 lugnut remover. Good luck! may you never need a jack!
Old 03-30-09 | 04:23 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Smile

Originally Posted by Wheel Dr
I have to admit my jack was trashed when I bought my sc, should have known when I saw it lying out of place where that itty bitty spare is supposed to fit. I took it out and thought about adjusting my cs coilovers but I could bareley get it to move either in or out. Heres where the wd 40 came out and I soaked it, waited half an hour and tried again,its moving but I have to stand on it and use a wrench to flatten the jack out so it will fit in the proper tray. I finally after much groaning and mumbling 4 letter words at a peice of metal with screw through it, I beat it, yes I finally could fit it into where it belonged.
So I started thinking, what if I I ever need a jack,the one I have is worthless but it fits. I call the local Lexus dealer, inquiring about a new jack!189.00 bucks, now I love my lexus, but some of the parts prices are pretty wack, the jack is in that catagory its a poorly designed unit.
You can toss everything but the 2eyehooks for towing, get a super micro jack and wheel wrench for 139.oo they work better and are easier to operate than the traditional jack that came with our cars , getting those lugnuts off with our wrench is especially fun.Google 12 volt jacks and check it out, the best deal I found was 139.00 for the jack and 30 to 1 lugnut remover. Good luck! may you never need a jack!
Thanks for sharing this great bit of information, I'll check it out as it sounds like a great problemm solver at a reduced price. You are right about those speciality items the dealers try to hose us on. the military would probably spend $500 on the jack if some defense con-tractor had their way !!