SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Car keyed!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 09:41 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

don't lie on the police report. you didn't report it right away, so they won't believe you. the fact that she called and said "enjoy your ride" is enough for the police to question her. maybe she'll get scared and fes up. once you have the police report, you'll have leverage to use against her. you can offer to drop the charges if she covers the deductible. the only problem you may run into is that your insurance will likely want to go after her for the full amount. if that's the case, **** her. she did it. she should have to pay for it.
Old 04-01-09, 09:44 AM
btwanky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I donno about in your state.. but in florida... anything over 500$ in damage is considered a felony and she can be put in jail... also you can get her to pay for it.. if you choose not to go down that route... you can get your insurance company to pay vandalism charges.. you will have to pay your deductible... but they will cover everything else...

personally, i'd press charges......
Old 04-01-09, 09:52 AM
Bellex
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally unacceptable - Def get the police involved (I'm sure you did by now)...press charges if possible.

Keep your cool - I know you're still running on adrenaline but it will blow over.

Moreover, get the edge of that driver's door fixed

(It could be worse... you could have been married to that crazy chick )
Old 04-01-09, 01:32 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by FALCON1
Sorry about the key incident but I have a way of looking at it that keeps me sane.

The Lexus will be fixed........the mental scars on the person who DID the act will be there for a long time whether spouse or just a miscreant vandal and maybe forever.

Whoever did it is a sad and scarred case ..........Lexus will live to fight another day.....the person may not.

File the PD incident report and get the insurance company to do what they get paid to do and just smile and go on..............you get a new paint job afterall.

FALCON 1
you're right on falcon 1, whether a vandal or the wife, they are SICK ! get the car repainted, dump the wife, and move on with your life. oh by the way, anything happen to her vehicle yet ??
Old 04-01-09, 01:56 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn..this is suck big time...
Old 04-02-09, 06:12 AM
quadocox
Rookie

Thanks for the advice everyone.
I called the police that night but I did not implicate her. My total cost for comprehensive is $100.00 so I will be ok. She has agreed to pay for my rental car and deductable.
Old 04-02-09, 07:45 AM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Record a conversation between you and her and try to get her to implicate herself. Start off talking to her with the assumption that you know she keyed your car and hope that she confirms it herself at one point.
Old 04-02-09, 08:11 AM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by carLx
Record a conversation between you and her and try to get her to implicate herself. Start off talking to her with the assumption that you know she keyed your car and hope that she confirms it herself at one point.
if you're going to go that route check state surveillence laws or it may get thrown out of court. personally if you're only out $100 and she's paying for the rental i wouldn't worry abt it.

just get a really nice rental.....

and a restraining order
Old 04-02-09, 10:37 AM
Yes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

if she's paying for it, i'd just let it go. prosecute her and she'll feel like she has to get you back. from the looks of it, your paint needed some work anyway. take it to a lexus certified shop and it'll look good as new.
Old 04-02-09, 10:58 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 115 Likes on 54 Posts

wow bro im so sad to see that, sucks!!
Old 04-02-09, 01:08 PM
Jackalope
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go find her mother or sister and bang her.
Old 04-02-09, 05:23 PM
quadocox
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jackalope
My kind of justice! lol
Old 04-02-09, 05:26 PM
quadocox
Rookie

Originally Posted by jason702
if she's paying for it, i'd just let it go. prosecute her and she'll feel like she has to get you back. from the looks of it, your paint needed some work anyway. take it to a lexus certified shop and it'll look good as new.
My paint is pretty good, except for the door edges...
Old 04-02-09, 05:54 PM
Enigma8246
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jackalope
+1 someone get this man a beer
Old 04-02-09, 07:33 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jason702
Insurance company will automatically press charges if you say it was she who did it. A friend who is an insurance agent let me know this. He gave an example: Boy breaks up with girl, girl has extra key to the car, girl moves the car across the campus, boy can't find car, reports car stolen, they find car across campus, insurance agency press charges on her that she stole the car.

It's out of your hand once the insurance company jumps in anways, she's an ex, screw it. Beezy keyed your car, she can pay for it, ALL of it, not just a tiny $100 deductible.

Quick Reply: Car keyed!!!!!