SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

sc430 suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-02, 10:14 AM
DNLMD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc430 suspension

this is not a new topic, but i wanted to start a new thread so that it will be more likely that readers of this forum will notice.
i discovered fro this forum that the sc430, indeed, delivers an overly hard drive. it took me 7 months to learn this. when i asked the dealership about this, they told me that they were aware of the problem, but that my vin# indicated thatmy car does not have that problem. when i brought the car in to have the radio amplifier fixed (apparently there is a defect in the amplifier of some of the sc430's), i insisted that they test drive my car. they did, and finally agreed that the suspension is a problem. they fixed the suspension with bushings, and now for the first time in 7 months, i am enjoying the car to the fullest.
it puzzles me, also, that whenever i responded to lexus surveys, and i indicated this problem, no one ever got back to me.
Old 03-11-02, 11:19 AM
joeyb
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Bushings

Here is more information on bushings.

I had my bushings replaced last week. The mechanic said that while my car was there, they were on a call with Lexus. Lexus is supposed to have another redesigned bushing in about a month.

Joey B
Old 04-04-02, 10:00 PM
alfa2600
Driver

Joeyb, I understand from the postings that the new bushings should soften up the ride somewhat. However, I am more bothered by the jiggly steering caused by the runflat tires, especially when the road surface is a little irregular.

Do the new bushings help this at all?
Old 04-16-02, 10:17 AM
007lexus
Driver

Default Re: sc430 suspension

Originally posted by DNLMD
this is not a new topic, but i wanted to start a new thread so that it will be more likely that readers of this forum will notice.
i discovered fro this forum that the sc430, indeed, delivers an overly hard drive. it took me 7 months to learn this. when i asked the dealership about this, they told me that they were aware of the problem, but that my vin# indicated thatmy car does not have that problem. when i brought the car in to have the radio amplifier fixed (apparently there is a defect in the amplifier of some of the sc430's), i insisted that they test drive my car. they did, and finally agreed that the suspension is a problem. they fixed the suspension with bushings, and now for the first time in 7 months, i am enjoying the car to the fullest.
it puzzles me, also, that whenever i responded to lexus surveys, and i indicated this problem, no one ever got back to me.
did someone make a bad decision when choosing the right bushings for the sc430? I thought this new generataion of sc's were supposed to be close to perfect of the line.

What kind of defect did your amp have?

Old 04-22-02, 11:41 AM
DNLMD
Driver School Candidate

Regarding the radio, whenever i hit a bump, the AM station emitted a growl of static. I really didn't care that much, but I mentioned it to Lexus when I brought the car in for the bushings. They checked on the internet and said there was a problem with the amp and replaced it once the part came in. I thendiscovered that the antenna really had 2 height positions, since when I have the AM stations on, the antenna rises to its full height. Incidentally, the AM still growls when I go over bumps! When I mentioned this to Lexus, they mumbled something about AM reception, which I didn't believe. I had better reception in my 1964 Cutlass. I just don't feel that srong about making a big fuss.
Old 04-22-02, 11:42 AM
DNLMD
Driver School Candidate

PS. I still don't know what was wrong with the amp, but I think that there is better reception and clarity,but I'm not certain of it.