SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Having Problems With My Headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-09, 04:04 PM
lakersfan0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having Problems With My Headlights?

So im driving on thE 101 and all of a sudden my driver side headlight goes out so i figure ill work on it when i get home, so i get home and take apart the bumper and everything so i got both headlights off the car then i take apart the headlight itself now i thought it would have been the bulb but its not and its not the box either, the square one under neath the oem headlight, now i took my drivers side headlight and plugged it into the passenger side healight wires so i could see what was wrong with it, well it worked so if its not the bulb and its not the little silver metal box then what could it be? anyone have this problem before and another thing is i put the original headlight back to where it was and now the headlight will only stay on for 10 seconds before shutting off by itself and i dont have it on Auto on the headlight switch in the car? did i not wire something right or did i move something on accident, i know theres a 12V battery that adjusts the headlights up or down i took that off and then put it back on so i dunno if i did something wrong can anyone help me with these 2 problems im not gonna spend 3,000 dollars on a do it yourself project im pretty sure anyone can do it not just the lexus dealerships so someone please help
Old 04-21-09, 07:15 PM
ntr987
Driver School Candidate

You probably have a bad fuse. The little box you checked underneath the headlight is the Xenon ballast, which enables you to use Xenon lights as your main headlights. You tested that box so, your ballast is fine.

Check Fuse #39 which is the low beam headlight fuse.
Old 04-25-09, 06:51 PM
lakersfan0
Driver School Candidate

atcually it was fuse number 61 which 61 and 60 control either left or right headlights to come on. but i checked the fuse thanks to you and used the spare fuse to replace it thanks a lot though you helped and one last thing, on the right headlight theres the auto levelizers on the headlight well, when i took the headlight off the car and disconnected it there was this bulky 12V battery connected bellow the xenon bulb but above the xenon balast which i think controls the levelizer (pretty sure) well i took it apart because i thought thats what was the problem well i put it back in and now when i turn the headlights on that right headlight will only stay on for 40 seconds then shut off by itself i can get it to turn back on but i have to swith the headlights all the way off then turn them back on again and then that right headlight shuts off in 40 seconds again, did i do something wrong or is there another fuse i should change, im not sure if its a timer or some sort of thing?