Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

SURVEY: Main Reason

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-09, 02:27 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default SURVEY: Main Reason

Seems like some here are mostly into the SC's sports/performance while others are into luxury/cruiser. While this car does attempt to marry both, of these two choices, which describes your interest in the car better:
Old 04-27-09, 02:30 PM
lyyca
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

what if i want to choose both? lol! revise the poll.
Old 04-27-09, 02:47 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We like it because we feel the car matches our style now (earlier in life we did the Vette thing) so that's the luxury appeal, with reliability.

It replaced the Harley, so it's used primarily for cruising with the top down.

But I'm always on this forum looking for ways to increase the performance!
Old 04-27-09, 02:48 PM
margaux01
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a very good driver while I am in the SC. For some reason it has a calming effect on me so for me the SC is for luxary/crusing, but I am quite a different driver in my Yaris. My patience just go out of the door. Even with its very limited power, I am always in a hurry and feel like I have to beat everyone around to get to where I want to be. Strange but true. The Yaris does feel more nimble.
Old 04-27-09, 03:27 PM
golfxx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The reason I chose luxury is because I won't put tons of money into the mods required to change it into a sports car. It's already stock a luxury cruiser and a good one at that.
Old 04-27-09, 04:17 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I traded an 06 VW GTI auto w/paddle shifters, tinted glass, aftermarket wheels, blacked out hood, custom tail lights. I also had a long list of mods that I wanted to do, every time people talked they said it was a kid car and I guess they were right, but it was also fun to drive. I thought I would get a grown-up car that the top would go down. and leave it stock (except for the pie tins, hate them), but alias the mod bug is biting again.
She is going to kill me, cause it's supposed to be her car. Little does she know.
Old 04-27-09, 04:26 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

I'm kind of a little of both also. I was mainly looking for a convertible when I was hunting for cars. The same calming effect that margaux01 describes affected me. So I'd guess I'm more on the luxury side than the performance side, though I do enjoy that side of it also.
Old 04-27-09, 04:34 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

More lux.

I got rid of my sporty IS350 for a subdued SC430. And I'm quite happy with the compromise...
Old 04-28-09, 01:20 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Interesting. With all the talk her of mods, I figured most were into the performance side.
Old 04-28-09, 02:39 AM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by margaux01
I am a very good driver while I am in the SC. For some reason it has a calming effect on me so for me the SC is for luxary/crusing, but I am quite a different driver in my Yaris. My patience just go out of the door. Even with its very limited power, I am always in a hurry and feel like I have to beat everyone around to get to where I want to be. Strange but true. The Yaris does feel more nimble.
Calms me also. To me there is no better way to unwind after a long day at work than a good cruz around around the state after work lol. I bought the car for the luxury cruzin but have grown to love the sporty performance also.
Old 04-28-09, 04:16 AM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought my SC because it is an elegant and sedate cruiser.

The days in which I wanted to peel rubber, take curves at high speed and rocket on an interstate are long gone.

Today, I want a car that is visually beautiful, a comfortable ride in luxury and one that offers me the choice of riding in a convertible in good weather and a cozy coupe in bad weather.

My 2008 SC430 fits my criteria to a 'T".
Old 04-28-09, 06:45 AM
jimmer!
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

the SC430 is the only current hard top convertible that fits a full set of golf clubs in the back seat, plus it's fantastic styling, handling, quality and fun-driving factor.
Old 04-28-09, 07:39 AM
norman52
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Luxury cruiser. I just can't imagine sitting in bumper to bumper rush hour with a stick shift again. Clutch in clutch out move 5 feet, clutch in clutch out move five feet. My left leg would be numb by the time I got home.
Now it is drop the top, tune in the early game if I am lucky or load 6 CD's and just be comfortable and relax. Plus I have a leather lined storage shelf behind me and also a trunk! It reminds me of a 550SL without the need to have to take it in for repairs once a month. 10 years ago I could go for a late night blast in the Porsche and my Valentine One kept me safe from officer friendly and that made up for the left leg work out. Now with every one using Laser there is just no way to avoid the speed traps. I just don't need a Porsche to always drive no more than 5 MPH over. I might as well just be comfortable and enjoy. What I really want is a LS460 if they would just put a retractable top on that..........................Sign me up!
Old 04-30-09, 10:35 AM
evolution8
Driver School Candidate

Wow 100%. Never saw a poll with results like this before!
Old 04-30-09, 11:16 AM
Sweet430
Driver School Candidate

Ditto here -- I drove a GS for a lot of years (130K miles worth) and adored it So when it came time to ditch the back seat and go for the convertable, there was no question in my mind this car was the answer.

Plus, you're all so right about the calming effect! Nothing better 'n zipping thru traffic in comfort and style

Quick Reply: SURVEY: Main Reason