SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SSR Vienna Courage Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-02, 06:04 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SSR Vienna Courage Wheels

I put this in the photo gallery but didn't know how to link to it, so I'll include it here. The wheels don't normally look this shiny, it's just that there was too much sun when the picture was taken. Only the lips are polished, and the spokes have a brushed look.

Last edited by RodF; 06-24-02 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-26-02, 05:09 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

NICE wheels! Now you just need to lower it! Good to see someone do those wheels. That's another wheel that I wish they did in 20's!
Old 03-27-02, 10:09 PM
pot_head
Driver

nice car. btw did you put that side mouling guard thingy on yourself or did it come with it?
Old 03-28-02, 08:59 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Originally posted by pot_head
nice car. btw did you put that side mouling guard thingy on yourself or did it come with it?
I had it put on by a body shop. The moulding was sold pre-painted with the Lexus color. You can't see it in the picture, but there is a thin black moulding around the wheel well as well, which helps guard against door dings in parking lots.
Old 04-03-02, 11:57 AM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default wheels and side stripe

Hey Rodf

Didn't you have other aftermarket wheels before? What happened to them?

Also, how much did the dealer charge for those door strip things.. are they a factory sC430 option?
Old 04-03-02, 02:23 PM
RodF
Pole Position

Ceboyd -

You have a good memory. I had Millie Miglia Action Sports on before. Two of them got bent going over a pothole, and I wasn't even going very fast. I got the SSR's because they are forged and 3 piece, and should be more resistent to bends.

One of my friends owns a body shop and put the mouldings on for free, so I'm not sure of the cost. If you want, I can find out the name of the manufacturer, who pre-painted the strips to Lexus colors.
Old 04-05-02, 08:35 AM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default yes please!!!

do let me know!!!

I'd LOVE to have those things on my RED SC430... living in the Chicagoland area.. I'm so paranoid about door dings...

My former BMW Z3 had factory bumper guards put on too for this very same reason...

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance...

I have someone who would install them for free also.... but that factory match paint for red seems like it could be difficult?
Old 04-05-02, 10:32 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Default Re: yes please!!!

Originally posted by ceboyd
do let me know!!!

I'd LOVE to have those things on my RED SC430... living in the Chicagoland area.. I'm so paranoid about door dings...

My former BMW Z3 had factory bumper guards put on too for this very same reason...

Please let me know!

Thanks in advance...

I have someone who would install them for free also.... but that factory match paint for red seems like it could be difficult?
CEBoyd -

My car shop faxed something to me. The heading was OE Professional Molding Systems. There is a web site reference on the bottom called www.dawn-ent.com. The fax that I looked at refers to a "custom painted series original equipment style moldings" and says "factory match colors found on price page". I went to the site, but it seems that you need to be a dealer to get to the custom moldings. The retail section doesn't seem to have it. Is your contact a regular car shop? If so, they could probably get it. I hope this helps.

BTW, I'm trying to remember but were you the person that I sold my OEM wheels to?

Rod
Old 04-05-02, 02:12 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default memory

WAY Back in September last year when I was first lurking here on the boards.. you sent me a photo of your car with the Milli's (I just searched my email).. back then my car was on order... and I was considering your wheels... ....you sold to someone else in an email you sent me back on 9/18/01...

...so that is why I remembered you... PLUS there aren't that many folks on here from Hawaii so it made it much easier to remember you!! (grin)

...thanks for the website info.. I'll inquire at my dealer...