SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Power Antanae Replacement Lexus 430SC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-09, 08:09 AM
jrusso
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Antanae Replacement Lexus 430SC

Can someone tell me how to replace the power antanae on a 2006 Lexus 430SC...I need to replace the entire assembly NOT just the mast. Thanks,.
Old 05-24-09, 04:28 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

To get access to it... (this is from memory so please don't flame if I miss a minor step or two)...

1) Open trunk
2) Take out the spare tire (if you have one), the square piece of carpet and stiff backing, and the jack.
3) Pop the 3 little plastic "poppets" on each side of the little carpetted side cubby holes (on each side of the tool tray where the jack is)...remove the cubby holes (they pull out).
4) Remove the 4 plastic hand-turn "nuts" that hold the tool tray (2 on each side)...lift the tool tray out.
5) Remove the 2 front chrome tie-downs (the rear ones don't need to come out)
6) Remove the 6 plastic "poppets" from the big floor center section (the piece that has the little fuse-box access cover and the plastic cover the Navigation System)
7) Pull up and back on the big floor center section and remove it
8) Here's the hard part (and the one I'm most fuzzy about regarding the particulars), remove the various plastic "poppets" from the right side piece that covers the antenna and right-rear strut tower
9) Remove the big rubber bumper on the right side (this is on the plastic tonneu cover holder).
10) Under the big rubber bumper is a BIG phillips screw that, on my car, was an absolute PITA to get out...I think they put it in with Lock-tight or something. It's a biatch! I think I ended up resorting to putting a pair of channel-locks or vice-grips on it to break it loose
11) There are a couple of phillips screws holding the plastic tonneau cover holder...remove the plastic tonneau cover.
12) You should be able to remove the right-side cover...and gain access to the antenna

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's possible that you'll need to remove the rear cover as well but, it's pretty obvious (plastic "poppets" and the other 2 chrome tie-downs).

Simply reverse the process to reinstall. Remember, since the parts are all interconnected, you have to put them back in in the order they were removed or you'll make your life much more difficult.

TIP: When I tried to put the big-a$$ screw back in and then put the rubber bumper back on, I couldn't get it. I tried and tried. I ended up taking the screw back out, putting the rubber bumper on the screw head and just tightening the screw down as best I could with the bumper already on it. If you can get the screw on (and tight) and THEN get the rubber bumper on, cool. I couldn't.

Enjoy. Let me know if you need more details.