SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Car & Driver (SC430 vs. CLK430)

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-02, 05:58 AM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Toog....How old are you ? Do you work or go to school ?

You should've bought a Canon !
Old 04-14-02, 08:19 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TooG....if I call you on your cell and want to come look at all your cars will your dad fly me out to CA? Or are you waiting for money back from Nikon?
Old 04-14-02, 11:50 AM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stop acting like a Mercedes-Benz dealer... your making yourself look like one. i said if you live in La or if you can get here.
Old 04-14-02, 06:54 PM
Larry
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Toog,

You seem like a nice kid..........and I have the feeling that you are one. Do you really have all these cars or are just some 15 year old that happend to find this forum ?
Old 04-14-02, 07:46 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

No, i have the two cars and i had my SC400 done with lexussc400... i came here because i wanted to know about some stuff for the car and they told me to come here to see if it would fit my car. thats how i found out about cl...

i am not 15, i am 16, have two cars, and if you cant believe that, then just dont say anything cuz its gettin really annoying.

im not pissed at you, just other people who say stupid sh(( to me.
Old 04-14-02, 09:14 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Why not stick to the SC400 and/or the GS430 forum??? Once again, why does your profile say your birthday is April 24, 1986??? Who just picks that out of thin air? Sorry if I am acting like a mercedes dealer or a BMW owner, but perhaps it is you who instigates this anomosity towards your own self. Maybe you are a good kid and all, but it doesnt appear as if you have or will have anything to offer this forum, so why not stay out?
Old 04-15-02, 04:30 AM
vicky!!!
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs down chill

Geeeeeeeeeeezzz, Everyone has something to offer. Take it easy on Toog. I haven't seen anything that he has written that deserves such a slam. Maybe some are just resentful that they didn't have the good fortune to have two cars and a vacation home at 16. I thought this thread was about the Lexus SC430 vs. Mercedes CLK??????? Can't we all just get along?
Old 04-15-02, 08:02 AM
daygo718
Lead Lap

I totally agree with you Vicky! I started this thread to talk about the SC430 vs. CLK430 comparison, but the last page of posts has been all about Toog. Let's stick to the topic and not slam this guy for his fortunes.
Old 04-15-02, 11:06 AM
Rob L
Rookie

I have totally given up on the major car mags. They are too biased for the German stuff.

Pretty sad and pathetic if you ask me.
Old 04-15-02, 08:33 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

Ok. I agree, thank you very much!

BTW, i do have something to contribute. Someone was raggin on the Merc. CLK 430 and how it sounds like a mustang and i agreed. Someone said the stereo in the CLK is horrible. I disagreed. If you do not consider this to be contribution, or participation, then maybe you should look over through some of the recent posts, because someone was raggin on the car.

But I did ask one question that never got answered. C/D reports the SC430s 0-60 time of 6.7. Why do they get times like this if Lexus claims a time of 5.9?

Thanks for your support.
Old 04-16-02, 07:42 AM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Sorry to vicky Toog and whoever else. His posts have not been of the contributing kind. Basically claiming this and or that. I feel it is awfully hard to critique something when you dont own one. People come in here every so often, but this kid just pusts crap everytimein every post, not that it deserves a slam....but id be better without it. Its like the other SC400 guys come in here say this car and that car is better then the SC430, well guess what we bought an SC430 because we loved the car and some one else telling us otherwise doesnt help. Of course we are going to be biased. And the exhaust note on the CLK, I dont know what that has to do with his daddys CL55 sitting in the garage. I also very much resent the fact that we dont talk about the subject. I started this entire thing in another posts 2 weeks before this one got started, consequently the only reason this post is still here is because of everyone trying to see Toog's 47 cars even though he is 15. As for resentful....not at all....I come from a life a privelege, but I dont go around saying my daddy this my daddy that.

Finally, as for the times.......count from 5.9 to 6.7 see how long it takes you. So many factors matter, I did a previous post explaining this to someone else, if you are really interested search for it. Heat, tires, altitude, humidity, RPM launch, gear selection, driver, surface, how much the car had been driven. All these contribute to the different times. It was probably just a matter of them not launching the car correctly. Race tracks dont use radar funs or fifth wheels either, they use the most exact and specific things.....timing lights. Look up a drag strip if you want more info. Could you get the SC to run 0-60 in 5.9, yeah probably, but you would be beating the snot out of it on such an inconsistent basis. It is probably more in the 6-2.-6.3 range. It is still damn quick, but my old car was doing it in 4.4 so it feels sluggish, but whatever I chose this car over a 911 cabrio.
Old 04-16-02, 07:02 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

well half of the people on this post put down the clk which of whom dont even own a benz. second, the exhaust has to do with it because someone said that MBs sound like mustangs, and i backed that up with evdidence stating that my dad has one, so i knew what i was talking about. And as for not owning one, i may not own an sc430, but does that mean ive never driven in one or driven one? and last, i am not 15... if i were 15, i wouldnt be driving... get that through your head!
Old 04-16-02, 07:04 PM
Toog4me
Lexus Champion

btw, this post is about c/d and how they took the clk over the sc430. everyone agreed that this was stupid and biased. so how many of you have a clk? Your whole notion of I own one, i know what its like and no one who doesnt own one can bag on it does not make any sence, esspecialy in this forum.
Old 04-16-02, 07:18 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

i had a clk for a little bit and we traded it for an X5. The car is terrible and I would never even want a ride in one again. The dealership experience is terrible and the interior is very spartan.
Old 04-16-02, 07:49 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Toog4me
btw, this post is about c/d and how they took the clk over the sc430. everyone agreed that this was stupid and biased. so how many of you have a clk? Your whole notion of I own one, i know what its like and no one who doesnt own one can bag on it does not make any sence, esspecialy in this forum.
Your point would be much better illustrated if it was written in English.

Of course we dont have CLK's, some have made the switch and im sure there have been those that have done vice versa. We were, and simply are tryin to reason why C/D picked the CLK over the SC430. Being that we all picked the SC430 over the CLK and the fact that they even said the SC was the better car.

Listen I too am tired of this, I am preaching that you are not contributing to the owners of the forum this represents, while I am doing the same. Listen, if you have something meaningful to offer another owner of the car, then do so. I wouldnt offer you info about your cars specifically, because I do not own one. Just a little caveat, thats all.

Quick Reply: Car & Driver (SC430 vs. CLK430)