SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

just got my Wald body kit installed.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-02, 03:51 PM
Lex Lugar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking just got my Wald body kit installed.

check out the pic in the gallery. tell me what you think!
Old 04-05-02, 04:16 PM
pot_head
Driver

very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls give us some details. how was the install? what is it made of and how was the fitiment and quality? did the bodyshop match the paint well? how long did it take for the kit to arrive? are they add on pieces? like was it a full front bumper or was it a glued on or bolted on front lip? how about sides and rear? how did you lower your car? sorry lots of questions but im also looking for a bodykit too right now and just like to know some details. thanks.
Old 04-05-02, 04:50 PM
daygo718
Lead Lap

Your SC looks tight! Wald makes very nice looking kits...goes well with your staggerred BR-5's! Did you lower the car yet? It looks like it's still sitting higher than it should, but tight nonetheless!

Also, how is the kit installed? I am leasing my SC and I want to know if the kit can be taken off at the end of the lease with no damage to the body.

Thanks!
Old 04-05-02, 06:11 PM
Lex Lugar
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the positive feed back guys. Here we go. the install is quite simple. the wald kit fits very tight. almost too tight. when i first got the kit i thought it was to small. but it's just very-very snug. (fiberglass/plastic mix the body shop said)the factory side rockers come off completely(a few screws and tugs no prob). the front and rear pieces fit over the existing bumpers and screw into the sides of the wheel well. (2 screws each side) the kit will almost stay on by itself. a little glue helps the gaps. matching the paint wasn't a prob; even with the pearl paint. the kit can easily be removed at the end of lease.

NOW THE BAD NEWS: My car isn't lowered... and with this kit you can't. the one thing i have noticed about all the kits is how low the front spoilers are. i have to drive very carefully because it scrapes in the front very easily. (REGULAR DRIVEWAYS MUST BE TAKEN SIDEWAYS) valet parkers will tear up the spoiler for sure. I slightly cracked the front spoiler the 2nd day. (tears) I have a history of driving lowered cars but this is ridiculous. sweet looking but ridiculous. the way the sc430 is built you need the distance between the front bumper and the wheels to escape scraping. if you look under the car you will see plastic pieces bolted to the under-carriage. the kit sits this low only it extends to the front of the car. LOWERING THE CAR IS OUT OF THE QUESTION! seriously considering removing the very front lower section of the spoiler. i'll submit a pic. i don't think it will look much different.

BACK TO THE GOOD STUFF: it is a crazy head turner. I've been told it's the first kit in the states. it took about 2 months to get it and shipping cost a lot. even though the car can't be lowered with the twenties it still looks good. i'm looking forward to the weekend. Lex Lugar out. P.S. ALSO INSTALLED BACK UP SENSORS (SEE PIC) CONSIDERING GETTING THEM FOR THE FRONT TOO.

Last edited by Lex Lugar; 04-05-02 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-05-02, 08:51 PM
pot_head
Driver

thanks for the info lex_lugar.

in the pics, it seems like you parked on a slant cause in 1 pic the wheel gap seems bigger, but when you took the 2 pics from the other side, the gap seems alot less. im just wondering how the car looks when parked on a flat road..... and what size tires are you using? you have 20's correct? im getting my wheels soon and yeah, i just wanted to know cause my cars lowered....thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-02, 04:08 AM
0260n5.7
Lexus Tuner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMG! That is one saweeeet ra-hyde! Great job. If you don't mind, how much did it cost (parts, shipping, paint, install)?

MAC