SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Exterior Care BLACK SC

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-02 | 12:24 PM
NREIFF
Driver School Candidate

Wink Exterior Care BLACK SC

So it is Spring and it is almost time to have the top down most of the time and keep the car looking great!

In do some research on waxes and polymers the still seems to be the question of whether or not the BLACK is clear coated or not. Has anyone come up with the definitive answer on this subject??

And, in any case, this may start some debate . . . BUT what truly is the best product out there for making the BLACK exterior SHINE.

NREIFF
BLACK SC430 . . . now 1 Year Old.
Old 04-07-02 | 03:18 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Blacks tough man....the key to it is never let a towel hit the car. Personally having had a black car it all comes down to the use of a chamois. Find something you like, something you dont mind applying or removing....in terms of wax of course.
Old 04-07-02 | 04:54 PM
tfischer

Default Black finish

I have had a black SC430 since last May. I put Zaino on it during the first week, and I cannot recommend it to highly. In my experience is the best thing out there for any dark colored automobile.

For further details, go to www.zainobros.com and read about it there. Full instructions are posted for ordering the products and detailed instructions are posted for applying them.

You will not be sorry.
Old 04-07-02 | 06:00 PM
NREIFF
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback and special thanks to Genearch.
I just ordered a bunch of the One Grand products. And I am looking forward to seeing the SHINE.

NREIFF
Old 04-08-02 | 06:21 AM
tfischer

REPLY:

On this car I have not used anything other than Zaino, although I have used various waxes on other cars in the past.

My message was that I found Zaino to be easier to put on than wax, longer lasting and offering a better shine.

Maybe there are other products out there that are as good as if not better than Zaino; I don't know. I am unfamiliar with the other products you mention (Pinnacle and One Grand Blitz), and you don't say if they are wax or polymer.

I like using Zaino on the black SC430, and it works very well for me.

If there is something else out there that's better, I would be glad to learn about it.