SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LuxLink Pros

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-09, 04:08 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GTPmagna...thanks that would be great...pricing too...

Lexaccess: that would be amazing as my IS was purchased there and I intend on maintaining my SC there as well...PLEASE PM me after you get this approved or are able to install it as I will likely have JM do it...
Old 10-13-09, 10:01 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Are there any other dealers that sell/install the luxlink and the vais SL1 ipod connectors?

If you don't live in CA, what are options for buying these great mods and having someone ELSE install? I wouldn't dare try either of them...definitely NOT a 101 install. I am good with a/c cabin filters, bulbs (except for fog lights and H55's), serpentine belt, etc. but not that!
Old 10-14-09, 03:34 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Best post (for me) in the history of CL. I didn't know the driver's door quirk and was holding the button too long. With this tip, I'm close to 100% now. Awesome!

And I definitely agree about the LuxLink. Great WOW factor.
+1,only mod I ever did to the car, well worth the investment
Old 10-14-09, 06:28 AM
KaiserSea1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like we have enough members in the Miami area for a meet. I am in Pines too. Where do you guys go for service?
Old 10-14-09, 08:02 AM
SC430Sam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a definite mod I am going to do. I have been debating whether or not to wait for the warranty to expire before I have it installed. Is there any risk of voiding the warranty before applying such an electronically advanced modification?

I am located in Central Florida, but if a Lexus dealer were to install this, I would definitely drive to have it done. LexAccess keep us informed. Thanks.
Old 10-14-09, 11:18 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SC430Sam
This is a definite mod I am going to do. I have been debating whether or not to wait for the warranty to expire before I have it installed. Is there any risk of voiding the warranty before applying such an electronically advanced modification?

I am located in Central Florida, but if a Lexus dealer were to install this, I would definitely drive to have it done. LexAccess keep us informed. Thanks.

LuxLink says it doesn't void the warranty...but I have an intermittent issue with the immobilizer system in my car (the chip in the key that turns the security system off and allows the car to start). It will sometimes not recognize that the immobilizer transponder is present.

I took the car to my dealer to have them look at it. The started to work on it, took off the panel under the steering wheel, saw the LuxLink, associated wires, and the harness that's plugged into the ignition switch/cylinder and told me "Sorry, we can't work on it".
Old 10-14-09, 07:36 PM
vietpr1nce
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAccess
I'm the Accessory Manager at JM Lexus in Margate. I'm working on getting this approved for us to install here. I've been in contact with Steve at Luxury Mortorworks.com and he's been very accomodating with information and feedback. Hopefully I'll know more next week.
Hopefully sooner than later. How much does it go for?
Old 10-14-09, 08:04 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
LuxLink says it doesn't void the warranty...but I have an intermittent issue with the immobilizer system in my car (the chip in the key that turns the security system off and allows the car to start). It will sometimes not recognize that the immobilizer transponder is present.

I took the car to my dealer to have them look at it. The started to work on it, took off the panel under the steering wheel, saw the LuxLink, associated wires, and the harness that's plugged into the ignition switch/cylinder and told me "Sorry, we can't work on it".
After having just installed my LuxLink and the remote start wiring on the key lock cylinder I'm not surprised at their response. They likely don't know a thing about what they are seeing there and the wiring loop is wound right around and tight against the factory loop that senses the transponder in the key. The only way to know where the fault is would be to remove the LuxLink wiring and they aren't trained and don't have instructions about how to do that. I also suspect that if the transponder loop for the LuxLink were wound incorrectly that it could interfere with the OEM transponder loop. I can explain more if you want.
Old 10-18-09, 02:49 PM
westrella1
Rookie

Wow. I had the Luxlink (& quarter window module) installed yesterday. I'm still trying to get used to it, but, man, it's very cool! I don't know why it took me so long to do it. It's great timing though because the weather in Florida this weekend is excellent for top down driving. Plus the windows look so much better when all the windows are down, IMO.

Definitely good stuff.....
Old 10-18-09, 04:24 PM
SC430Sam
Driver

Originally Posted by westrella1
Wow. I had the Luxlink (& quarter window module) installed yesterday. I'm still trying to get used to it, but, man, it's very cool! I don't know why it took me so long to do it. It's great timing though because the weather in Florida this weekend is excellent for top down driving. Plus the windows look so much better when all the windows are down, IMO.

Definitely good stuff.....
Where are you located in FL? Maybe a better question....where did you have it installed, and how much was installation? Thank you.
Old 10-18-09, 08:06 PM
westrella1
Rookie

Originally Posted by SC430Sam
Where are you located in FL? Maybe a better question....where did you have it installed, and how much was installation? Thank you.
I live in Tampa, FL & had it installed here.

The Luxlink module was supposed to be installed along with my new audio system, but I wasn't able to get it done until yesterday. (Long story.) You can see the job Luke, the owner, did on my car on his site. I paid for the Luxlink installation as part of the total job, so you'll have to talk to Luke. He's a really good guy - very honest & does an excellent job.
Old 10-18-09, 09:25 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by westrella1
I live in Tampa, FL & had it installed here.

The Luxlink module was supposed to be installed along with my new audio system, but I wasn't able to get it done until yesterday. (Long story.) You can see the job Luke, the owner, did on my car on his site. I paid for the Luxlink installation as part of the total job, so you'll have to talk to Luke. He's a really good guy - very honest & does an excellent job.
Interesting pics. Website says that the "upper screen was replaced with a better quality 7" monitor that can be used for navigation or DVD viewing purposes."

Have you noticed much difference in the NAV resolution?
Old 10-20-09, 08:23 AM
westrella1
Rookie

Originally Posted by JohnnyCake
Interesting pics. Website says that the "upper screen was replaced with a better quality 7" monitor that can be used for navigation or DVD viewing purposes."

Have you noticed much difference in the NAV resolution?
To be honest, the original navigation was out of date so I didn't use it that much. Plus I didn't like the interface. Because I was going to have a new lower screen, I wanted to make sure the upper screen was just as nice. The picture on new screen can be easily manipulated (brightness, contrast, hue, etc.) via remote control like any other monitor. (I'm sure that was possible from the original screen, but, like I said, I didn't really use it.) Now, I use the upper screen much more than I did before.

As for the Luxlink, I'm going to make a cheat sheet. For the life of me, I can't remember the sequence for the different controls! Reminds me why I can't play video games....

Last edited by westrella1; 10-20-09 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-20-09, 10:16 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

With all the do's and don'ts with luxlink I did indeed make a cheat sheet. I printed it on heavy photo paper, that way it is durable and looks like it was laminated. I keep a copy in the console and another in the garage. After a few months I didn't need it but it still helps the wife. On the other hand I live in southern cal and use the top down year round. Otherwise I might need the reminder.
Old 10-20-09, 07:02 PM
GTPMAGNA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Solman
With all the do's and don'ts with luxlink I did indeed make a cheat sheet. I printed it on heavy photo paper, that way it is durable and looks like it was laminated. I keep a copy in the console and another in the garage. After a few months I didn't need it but it still helps the wife. On the other hand I live in southern cal and use the top down year round. Otherwise I might need the reminder.
Solman, would it be possible to post your cheat sheet? I recently had the Lux Link installed and I could some help remembering.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: LuxLink Pros