SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LuxLink Pros

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-09, 10:02 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cheat Sheet by the teacher

You can copy it like 8X on heavy photo paper-worked great for me. All commands are with your Lexus hand held remote.
Here it is....

Always turn off ignition before opening drivers door

TOP ONLY-Press Unlock until long beep
REMOTE START-Unlock 1x—Lock 2x
Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car
BOTH remote start & top-Unlock until long beep,
immediately press lock 2x, (Unlock within 2 sec to unlock car)
REAR WINDOWS-Drivers window switch down 3x
Old 10-20-09, 10:17 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Cheat sheet addedum

I should have added:

When driving with the top down, once you get to your destination--Press the top button on your dash twice--turn your car off, remove the key, power lock your doors (button on your door) and what happens next is:

your top will go up, then your windows will go up, then the car will shut itself off and will be locked. By then you will be in your house, store, or whatever.
Everyone within sight of it will be amazed!!!! I personally like to go into a store and people watch thru the stores tinted windows (hehe).

I also always use the remote start so as to not put undo load on the battery.
Old 10-21-09, 04:38 AM
GTPMAGNA
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Solman, This will help me a lot!
Old 10-21-09, 08:43 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
When driving with the top down, once you get to your destination--Press the top button on your dash twice--turn your car off, remove the key, power lock your doors (button on your door) and what happens next is:

your top will go up, then your windows will go up, then the car will shut itself off and will be locked.
I would love to be able to walk away. As it is now, I have to stay in range to lock the doors. When I try the scenario you describe, the last thing the LuxLink does is unlock the doors.

Are you sure that this works for you? Can anyone else +1 or -1 on this? I believe the last thing the LuxLink does is simulate a door open/close so as to trigger the delay for headlights off. Otherwise the SC would think that you are still in the car and the headlights would remain on.
Old 10-21-09, 09:18 AM
westrella1
Rookie

Default Sharing my cheat sheet

I thought I'd post a copy of my Luxlink cheat sheet in an effort to share.

One more thing.....

ANY USERS OF THE ABOVE-REFERENCED DOCUMENT ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THEIR USE. USERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE AUTHOR OF THIS DOCUMENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE INFORMATIONAL CONTENT OF THE DOCUMENT OR ANY FAILURES, MALFUNCTIONS, ISSUES, OR CONCERNS ATTRIBUTABLE TO ANY USERS' EQUIPMENT OR VEHICLE, AND USERS ACCESS THE DOCUMENT AT THEIR OWN RISK.

(Whew....)

If anything is missing, please feel free to post up any corrections/edits. I may re-edit when & if I get the chance.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Luxlink controls.pdf (12.0 KB, 366 views)
Old 10-21-09, 10:55 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Better teacher

OK, Westrella 1, I like your cheatsheet better. and the one more thing warning-that goes for my post too. To JohnnyCake, my doors lock everytime, but I use the powerlock on the drivers door, NOT the remote. I do it pretty much everyday, being that I use my SC everyday unless it rains-it doesn't rain here very often.

Another comment I'd like to make is you can't drive away with the remote start unless the key is in the ignition. I have had very few problems, but then the creator of this great invention is the one who installed it for me.
Old 10-21-09, 06:47 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Originally Posted by Solman
To JohnnyCake, my doors lock everytime, but I use the powerlock on the drivers door, NOT the remote.
I must be doing something wrong -- I'd love to be able to get this to work.

Tell me where my mistake is:

1. Put SC in Park
2. Double click on top close
3. Turn off car
4. Open door
5. With door open, press the power door lock (next to the window button)
6. Shut door (I have confirmed that door is locked at this point)
7. Top finishes closing.

For me, that's when door unlocks. Is this exactly what you do and it works for you? Maybe I changes a C-BEST setting which is influencing this somehow?
Old 10-21-09, 08:26 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

I must be doing something wrong -- I'd love to be able to get this to work.

Tell me where my mistake is:

1. Put SC in Park
2. Double click on top close
3. Turn off car
4. Open door
5. With door open, press the power door lock (next to the window button)
6. Shut door (I have confirmed that door is locked at this point)
7. Top finishes closing.

For me, that's when door unlocks. Is this exactly what you do and it works for you? Maybe I changes a C-BEST setting which is influencing this somehow?

Works for me EVERY time. It always stays locked-every time. You might be on to something with the Cbest settings. I would recommend an email or phone call to Steve at Luxury Motorworks. He is very knowledgeble with the sc 430 and the Luxlink is his invention. Hope this helps-sounds frustrating. Steve is a great guy to deal with. I never met him until I bought my Luxlink and know I am fortunate to live only 30 miles from his shop. Is anyone else having these type of problems?
Old 10-22-09, 06:09 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

MIne works same way If i dont lock the doors with the electric door button lock the car will stay open. If i do lock it with door button when top completes and windows roll up engine off and car stays locked if I did in fact lock it with the inside electric lock button

The only issue I have some times is if unlock then lock lock sometimes car will start remotely and the top will go down, It will work the correct way with holding the unlock down untill windows move long ding then quickly lock lock .

One other note you can use your door key and simulate the remote key press and the top or engine will start same a sthe remote . Think about it the remote functions are the same as the door lock functions it just your triggering the door lock with the remote control fob. Try it with just the key in the and duplicate the sequences .

BUddy
Old 10-22-09, 04:55 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

My C-BEST settings lock all doors when shift out of PARK and unlock all doors when shift to PARK. Is that the same for y'all?

The only other thing I can think of is that its a model year thing.

I still can't figure out how Luxlink simulates a door open/close at the end of the top cycle if y'all have the doors locked. Maybe that process isn't influenced by the fact that the doors are locked.
Old 12-25-09, 07:58 AM
Jackco711
Pole Position

Hey all,

For those of you who have installed Luxlink- what did the install cost you? Just want to make sure I am not getting ripped off when I bring my car in.

Thanks,

Jack
Old 12-25-09, 01:20 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I had help on the install. CL Member no longer a member . It cost me 150.00 and a bottle
of scotch. I shadowed the install and I did the 1/4 window mod myself. I have heard that some installers charge $ 400.00 to $ 500.00.