SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

LuxLink Pros

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 05:09 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Default LuxLink Pros

The double click inside the car works 100% of the time and, for me, that's almost worth the cost, especially useful when leaving the car and walking away.

But the cool thing is to have the top going down as you walk up to the car. I'm using a "press and hold" on the remote until the windows are about 1/3 the way down then releasing, which works for opening the top most of the time, but often I get nothing.

Any pros with the LuxLink have any tips???
Old 08-28-09, 08:41 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default luxlink tricks

There is a quirk where if you open the drivers door before turning off the key, it will disable luxlink. I do find that when I use the dash button twice to close the top, windows, and the car will then shut itself off---it will work by remote every time. The combo is to hit unlock on the remote until the long beep is heard-it will then lower the top and windows without starting the car. If you hit unlock until the long beep and then hit lock twice and unlock once (this time do not wait for the long beep--the car will start, the top and windows go down and the doors will unlock. Put the key in and drive off--If you hit the brake before you put the key in the car will die-that is to prevent theft. In my opinion this is the best mod you can do for the 430. I also have the luxlink rear window mod, which is also cool. Good luck--It takes awhile to learn the quirks with luxlink-but you will amaze anyone who sees it in use.
Old 09-04-09, 03:49 AM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Best post (for me) in the history of CL. I didn't know the driver's door quirk and was holding the button too long. With this tip, I'm close to 100% now. Awesome!

And I definitely agree about the LuxLink. Great WOW factor.
Old 09-04-09, 07:07 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Solman
There is a quirk where if you open the drivers door before turning off the key, it will disable luxlink.
This coule very-well explain my intermittentness. For me, at least 9 times out of 10, when it DOESN'T work, my wife was the last to drive the car. I started thinking that the LuxLink only worked when the seat was in Preset 1 position (I use Preset 1, my wife uses Preset 2). However, this makes more sense. I'm very Asperger when it comes to my car routines. I ALWAYS do things in the same order; her, not so much.
Old 09-07-09, 08:04 AM
BigB82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats luxlink?
Old 09-07-09, 01:30 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default How luxlink works

Luxlink is a module that allows you to hit the dash button for the top twice instead of having to continue to hold the button down. It also allows you to use the factory remote to start the car and to open/close the windows and roof. When you park the car and you hit the dash button twice and then remove the keys (the car continues to run)--the roof will go up, then the windows go up and then the car shuts itself off. Very impressive to any onlookers. Likewise, if you come up to your SC and hit the remote buttons in my previously discussed sequence---the car will start, the roof and windows will go down and again all will be impressed.

The quarter window option will allow you to work the rear windows with the front window switch (hit it 3x). Hope this helps.
Old 09-07-09, 02:48 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^how hard is it to obtain / install and what is the cost of Luxlink? Thanks in advance...
Old 09-07-09, 03:17 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

WOW! I have heard of Luxlink as an upgrade before but never had anyone explain it all. How much is it and how do you get it? Thanks!
Old 09-07-09, 05:46 PM
Solman
Lead Lap

Default Link to Luxlink

Luxury Motorworks in Monrovia, Ca is the company that makes the products and also installs if your lucky enough to be in southern cal. Steve, the owner and designer can help you at this web site:

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/prod...uxLink&p_cat=3

I bought my Sc a year ago in June and the first week had the luxlink installed having learned about it on this sight (CL). Other members have installed themselves or have found someone to install. I love it.
Old 09-08-09, 08:23 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

LuxLink is the only mandatory mod for the SC430. If for nothing else, the double-click-to-open-close just makes a whole lot more sense then press-and-hold-the-entire-time to get the roof up or down.
Old 09-08-09, 07:19 PM
GTPMAGNA
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I recently purchased an 02, SC430 silver, and am new to Club Lexus. Does anyone know if any Dealer in the South Florida Area would be willing to install the LuxLink. I would love to have this installed.

Thanks,
Old 09-08-09, 08:06 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^yea, I want to know this as well...where are you from? I live in downtown Miami, but parents live in Parkland...
Old 09-08-09, 09:17 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

No dealer worth his salt is gonna touch this.

There's this guy I know around here who has turned his SC430 into a high-tech space ship and even he contracted it out. From what I understand, not an easy install.

OTOH, I agree that it is the greatest mod. Just last weekend I was eating at a outdoor cafe and put the top down while sitting at the table paying the check. Definitely turned heads.
Old 09-09-09, 04:42 AM
GTPMAGNA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by IStoSC
^yea, I want to know this as well...where are you from? I live in downtown Miami, but parents live in Parkland...
I'm in Pembroke Pines. I need to go into the Lexus dealer for a free oil change, so I will ask if they will install the LuxLink. If not, i'll try to find out if there is someone there that would know how to install and be willing to do this on the side. I will let you know what they say.
Old 09-10-09, 03:55 PM
LexAccess
Driver School Candidate

I'm the Accessory Manager at JM Lexus in Margate. I'm working on getting this approved for us to install here. I've been in contact with Steve at Luxury Mortorworks.com and he's been very accomodating with information and feedback. Hopefully I'll know more next week.

Quick Reply: LuxLink Pros