SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

New Tormalines and green stickers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-11, 08:51 AM
VVTiBob

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts

When the wheels arrive NEW they have green sticker on them indicating, as MOMSSC pointed out, the low or high side of the wheel created during the manufacturing processes. Apparently, and I did not know this, tire have this too. My question would be once the sticker is removed and tires replaced, how could you tell or does it matter?
Old 01-07-11, 09:38 AM
iolmaster
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 161 Posts

Yea, I took the stickers off when I inspected the wheels in the box. I had never heard of that. It may work once, but as Bob indicates what good is after the first mounting.
Old 01-07-11, 10:27 AM
momssc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
When the wheels arrive NEW they have green sticker on them indicating, as MOMSSC pointed out, the low or high side of the wheel created during the manufacturing processes. Apparently, and I did not know this, tire have this too. My question would be once the sticker is removed and tires replaced, how could you tell or does it matter?

You won't know on a tire and that will change with tire wear. On SOME rims there are marks for this area like a small circle. Mostly on steel wheels.

The only way to find these high and low spots after removal will be Road Force Balance.
Old 01-07-11, 11:22 AM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fotch
Nice choice in stock wheels!
Love the look of those wheels! How do I get me set and how do I get the discount?
Old 01-07-11, 12:03 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Sewell Lexus parts online.....use your CL user-name as login and discount price will appear
Old 01-07-11, 12:17 PM
PLAYTYM
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sway162
Sewell Lexus parts online.....use your CL user-name as login and discount price will appear
Another member just pointed me in that direction for some other parts and found the wheels there. Great price and real nice looking wheel! I bet those wheels with some nice non-RFTs would make the car ride great!
Old 01-07-11, 12:54 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Love tourmalines!!!
Old 01-07-11, 01:45 PM
JerryB
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sewell Parts

Originally Posted by sway162
Hi sway,

First let me say that I am not a great computer guy.

When I go to the www.sewellpartsonline.com

I get this:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

At that point I do not go any further.

Are any of you out there having this show up?

Thanks,

Jerry Baumchen

PS) My last email back from Sewell was ( IMO ) rather snide when I inquired about this.
Old 01-07-11, 01:50 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Interesting, I never seen that security message from my PC. Perhaps it's something set with your security internet settings?

Here's the link to the Tourmaline wheels:
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2006/2842.html

Can you view this?^
Old 01-07-11, 01:52 PM
sway162
Lexus Champion

I see now, your site address link is wrong. Bookmark this:

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/
Old 01-09-11, 07:26 PM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Default Tormalines - Lexus SC430

I have a set of Tormalines in great condition w/TPMS that I am not using at all, wrapped in Pirelli Pzero Nero's M&S (Mud & Snow). The Pirelli's are P245/40/R18 & have a tread depth of 10/10. I want to list the package in the classifieds but the price is well above $500 for a tire and rim package with sensors. Also I don't have enough posts to go over the $500 mark.

I could list on Craig's list but I want to give a Club Lexus member a chance to have these very very nice rims. If anyone knows how I can post in the classifieds let me know. Also am I missing something in the SC430 section of the classifieds? I don't see any classifieds.
Old 01-10-11, 05:27 AM
momssc
Driver

Originally Posted by BLAQ ICE
I have a set of Tormalines in great condition w/TPMS that I am not using at all, wrapped in Pirelli Pzero Nero's M&S (Mud & Snow). The Pirelli's are P245/40/R18 & have a tread depth of 10/10. I want to list the package in the classifieds but the price is well above $500 for a tire and rim package with sensors. Also I don't have enough posts to go over the $500 mark.

I could list on Craig's list but I want to give a Club Lexus member a chance to have these very very nice rims. If anyone knows how I can post in the classifieds let me know. Also am I missing something in the SC430 section of the classifieds? I don't see any classifieds.
Same for me,I am missing the classifieds also. What's going on here?

What do you want for your set of tires and rims?
Old 01-12-11, 09:32 AM
BLAQ ICE
Driver

Originally Posted by momssc
Same for me,I am missing the classifieds also. What's going on here?

What do you want for your set of tires and rims?
Am I allowed to post that quote w/o being penalized and removed?

I'll PM you....
Old 01-24-11, 11:57 AM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I sent you a PM Bob. Thanks.
Old 01-25-11, 05:58 PM
mandyfig

Received 416 Likes on 366 Posts

VVTiBob, do you have spacers on with Tourmalines? Do you think you need it to look better?

Quick Reply: New Tormalines and green stickers