SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

alot of cleaning on the outside but what about the inside

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-02 | 07:09 AM
bengreen
Rookie

For cleaning/conditioning my SC430 saddle color leather I've been using a product called "Hide Care". Excellent results. Got it from local Jaguar dealership. About $18 for small jar. Well worth it. Great leather smell.
Old 05-08-02 | 07:25 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Lightbulb "HIDE CARE"

Isn't "Hide Care" the White Pasty Material that comes in a Clear Plastic Jar, with a Black Lid? I've also used it on my German Car Leathers with excellant results, especially when the Leather has started to dry out.

If I remember right, it needs to be kept refrigerated after opening, or it will return to an all liquied state after opening.

SOLO-

Old 05-10-02 | 06:51 AM
bengreen
Rookie

Yep, thats the "Hide Care" I've been using....'cept the plastic jar is white and no refrigeration is needed. I use just a little every month...Dallas summers are murder!!
Old 05-15-02 | 02:47 PM
jtparkes
Rookie

Default Where can you find Lexol?

Several people here have mentioned Lexol. Where can you buy it? Where can you buy Zaino? I can't find either at AutoZone or Checker-
Old 05-15-02 | 08:12 PM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Lightbulb WEB SITES FOR LEXOL & ZAINO

Find them on the Internet:

(1) LEXOL - ''LEXOL.COM";

(2) ZAINO - "ZAINO.COM"

SOLO-1
Old 05-16-02 | 09:30 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Default Re: WEB SITES FOR LEXOL & ZAINO

Originally posted by WJSOLOMON
Find them on the Internet:

(1) LEXOL - ''LEXOL.COM";

(2) ZAINO - "ZAINO.COM"

SOLO-1
Correction - the URL for Zaino is

ZAINOBROS.COM
Old 05-16-02 | 10:04 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Unhappy OOPS.............. I STAND CORRECTED!

That's technically correct - "ZAINOCARS.COM" will get you to the Site a lot faster!

I'll try and do better!

:eek:

SOLO-1
Old 05-16-02 | 11:18 AM
RodF
Pole Position

Default Re: OOPS.............. I STAND CORRECTED!

Originally posted by WJSOLOMON
That's technically correct - "ZAINOCARS.COM" will get you to the Site a lot faster!

I'll try and do better!

:eek:

SOLO-1
Hmmm..... My browser can't find ZAINOCARS.COM, but it can find ZAINOBROS.COM.

Last edited by RodF; 05-16-02 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-16-02 | 11:48 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Thumbs up ZAINO BOTHERS CAR FINISH PRODUCTS

Close enough Rod, you've struck "Pay Dirt" Dude!

Some Zealots like me would tend to go further and tell you that you'v hit the "Mother-Lode", but that's unfair publicity for another 'Wanna-Be' ZAINO Car Finish Product, as indicated herein previous Posts.

"TO BE THE MAN, YOU'VE GOT TO BEAT THE MAN, AND THE MAN'S WITH ZAINO, BROTHERS!"

Ric Flair - 13 Times World Heavy Weight Wrestling Champion.

Wanna tell Him you don't care for his 'Gold Trim Package' (Not his Teeth, dude, his SC 430!)????????

SOLO - 1

Old 11-14-06 | 06:56 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

I understand that our Lexus leather interiors are made with a coated leather that will not absorb any conditioner. So why do many of you recommend using a conditioner that will just rub on but not penetrate into the leather because it is sealed. Seems like we would be better off just using something that would clean and then protect the leather from uv rays. Am I wrong? Seems like your just smearing something on the surface and then rubbing it off?
Old 11-14-06 | 08:58 PM
JCtx
Racer

Leather conditioners definitely prevent the leather from drying off, and later cracking. Maybe we're just conditioning the coating, who knows (I thought about that too), but it's a fact we need to apply that stuff if we want our leather to last, and to feel like new for years to come. However, anything more than a single application at a time is definitely throwing your product away, as it takes a while to absorb.

The best conditioner in my view is Griot's Garage leather conditioner. I buy the 16-oz bottle; last a long time, smells great, and dries clear.
Old 11-14-06 | 10:18 PM
talwang

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
Leather conditioners definitely prevent the leather from drying off, and later cracking. Maybe we're just conditioning the coating, who knows (I thought about that too), but it's a fact we need to apply that stuff if we want our leather to last, and to feel like new for years to come. However, anything more than a single application at a time is definitely throwing your product away, as it takes a while to absorb.

The best conditioner in my view is Griot's Garage leather conditioner. I buy the 16-oz bottle; last a long time, smells great, and dries clear.
This is a very old thread and probably belonges to Automotive Care & Detailing forum now.

I agree with you.
Coated or not, it doesn't make the leather maintenance-free.
Lexus sells its own brand of leather cleaner & conditioner for a reason.
I use only Zaino leather conditioner on my cars every other week.
Old 11-15-06 | 01:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

i agree, and bottom line is my leather feels considerably softer after cleaning and conditioning, so it must be doing something
Old 11-15-06 | 05:24 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

"Hide Care" is Connolly Hide Care ....

I purchase mine at our local Mercedes Benz dealer for $14.45 a jar; parking the Lexus right up front.

It is applied with bare hands, then wipe off any excess after a few minutes.

Then a final polish with a clean terry cloth towel.

Our leather interior, with the leather steering wheel and shifter ****, is treated the first of every month.
Old 11-15-06 | 07:07 AM
Max707
Lexus Champion

The owners manual only states that the leather should be cleaned with a 5% solution of neutral detergent for wool and then wring water from a clean cloth and thoroughly wipe off all traces of detergent with it. It states you should never use organic substances such as benzine, alcohol or gasoline, or alkaline or acid solutions for cleaning the leather. It doesn't say anything about ever treating this "sealed" leather with a conditioner. I have a feeling that Lexus might know best and we are wasting our time treating these leather seats with any type of conditioner. Kind of like rubbing it on the exterior of the car.

Quick Reply: alot of cleaning on the outside but what about the inside