SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-09, 08:53 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts
Default She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed

Just wanted to let many of you know who helped me find, decide on and re-decide (after many waffling sessions) that my "Ebony" is coming right now. She is sleeping on a Lexus Flatbed Truck coming from CA to TX. She shipped today at 2:00 PST and I should have by Sun or Mon. Very quick!

Bob Baker Lexus has been fabulous and very seamless to work with over the internet and overnight of the paperwork made it super easy! Long gone are the days of spending six hours in a dealership to take delivery on a car!

I will post some pics once she comes in. Just wanted to thank you all for your help. It was a tough decision for me, but what ultimately made it up was not the value/price it was the condition of the car, the rare model and the history/maint of it. Those attributes are priceless. Could I have bought a cheaper car? Sure! Could have bought a 2006 for that matter. In the end the PB Edition, CPO warranty, the history and the condition outweighed getting the 06.

Stay tuned...getting 20" ADR triple chrome mesh staggered wheels, VAIS SL2I i-pod adapter and rear tails pretty quick, so she won't look like this for long!
Old 10-16-09, 10:52 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! I'm happy after all the looking you found the ideal car!
Old 10-16-09, 11:31 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picssssssssss
Old 10-17-09, 05:48 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey that's great news, congrats on finding your creampuff. Can't wait to see Ebony, a great name for a SC!!
Old 10-17-09, 08:59 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 412 Likes on 361 Posts

Glad you were finally able to pull the trigger and get'er done. Sounds like a beauty. Looking forward to seeing how you enhance her. Enjoy.
Old 10-17-09, 01:46 PM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

What a tease!
Old 10-18-09, 08:20 AM
scdroptop

*******Oh man!!! They called me last night and said they are already in Texas and Ebony will be here by noon today!!!!!***** My wife is gonna kill me, I just told her. He he he. SURPRISE! Can't wait. 36 hours is all it took from CA to TX. I will get the name of the carrier and post--in case you all sell/buy cars out of state this company has been the quickest I've ever seen!
Old 10-18-09, 10:44 AM
scdroptop

She is here, she is here!!!! Just unloaded her from the truck. LOL the dealer left all the CPO stickers and logos on the windshield! The driver drove straight from CA with 4 hours rest and made it to TX in about 38 hours! WOW!!!!

Initial impressions: I don't see too many black SC's in Dallas. The black looks so nice in this car period-can't believe I've never thought about buying a black SC before. I like it A LOT more than I thought! Never seen the Black Pearl. The black pearl has a lot more "pearl" than I thought. VERY BEAUTIFUL! It's got like a little touch of blue and silver in the pearl that makes it look very beautiful. The red interior is not as red as I thought either. It is a little darker, not quite burgandy, but not as bright red as I thought-which is good! The headlights are truly striking with the smoked look-more black than I thought and really make the front look not so "bug-eyed" like some of the harsh critics say about our cars. Wheels-some curb rash as I thought. The chrome is more prominent. I would definitely buy the chrome center piece if I was keeping the wheels and just make them all chrome. Maybe keep the gunmetal center cap with lexus logo would be totally cool! The RFT's are in great condition with good tread. The paint has no rock chips in the front, some touch up marks on the side and one door ding which I will get fixed up. Overall, she's a 9 to a 9.5 out of 10. The leather has no wear and is supple and very tight. The engine, trunk, carpet and glass are perfect. Overall the dealer did a great job of disclosing information and should be praised for their integrity and honesty. I am very very happy so far! All books, manuals, records, carfax, cpo papers and keys with extra keychains came. Extra floor mats (set of four) came as well, so I have eight floor mats and one set is in plastic still! The lexus leather color swatch is still attached the seat, as well as the airbag pullout and the cd changer sticker-which tells a lot about the person who drove it before!

Here are some initial pics...as you can see my four year old son is very excited as well.

Only mods done so far is connect bluetooth, took off stickers. Tomorrow she will be registered, cleaned, plates put on, homelink, blah blah blah.

Wheels coming in the next week or so. VAIS should be a couple of weeks. I'm still thinking about the rear tails (please vote on my survey) to do the ECU or not with the lights. $$$$
Attached Thumbnails She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed-ebonydayone.jpg   She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed-ebonydayone3.jpg   She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed-pebblebeachwheelstires.jpg  
Old 10-18-09, 11:18 AM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Very nice. Enjoy.
Old 10-18-09, 12:17 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man...it's great that this turned out so well for you. Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. I'm jealous.
Old 10-18-09, 02:33 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

It's beautiful! I should have waited buying new rims and got yours when you upgraded. Oh well, another opportunity missed.
Old 10-18-09, 03:09 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

That is a variation on those wheels that I hadn't seen before. I've never seen the center section darker like that. (I have the same wheels but without the center section being darker.)

Your 4 yr old does appear stoked (maybe because they were born about the same time...). How is your wife doing with it?
Old 10-18-09, 04:48 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hope you get to break it in before the wife. Ebony looks terrific, glad you took your time and found what you wanted!! Good Luck
Old 10-18-09, 05:00 PM
scdroptop

Thanks a bunch! Had fun detailing it tonight. Found some scratches/dings (3 scratches 1 ding) to fix, but other than that all glass, lights, interior are perfect!

The leather still has the lexus color section swatches on the seat and the passengers and drivers seat barely look like they were sat in...i mean BARELY any ripples at all!!!!

The exterior has some touch up spots that are not very good...they say not to buff out the pearl paint because it affects the speckles. Also, the lady that owned it before me dragged her heels against the bottom of the side skirt and there are marks there that I would too buff out if I could....I'll look into that.

Other issue I found was that the homelink's light doesn't work at all. I had this problem with my last SC oddly enough. I think they had to replace the module or the fuse...can't remember. Any tips on this? I will take to dealer for sure under CPO.

****I didn't realize that the PB had graphite colored logos. You can't really see them up against the black paint. In the sun, the car almost changes colors with the blue and silver speckles in it! Very cool.
Old 10-19-09, 09:45 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pickup! I see your new sig Nice!

Quick Reply: She's on the Way...Beautiful "Ebony" New Member of Family 2005 SC430 Pebble Beach Ed