SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

bad news ... got into an accident

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 02:03 PM
dh784123
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default bad news ... got into an accident

On the way back home from school this morning, some idiot ran a stop sign and plowed into my passenger rear quarter panel and wheel and made do a complete 180 which caused my back passenger side of my bumper to knock over a guy on a motorcycle in the process (thank god he was not harmed/injured - just some scratches on his bike from being knocked over).

I have 2 witnesses stating that he did not yield properly and that it is his fault.
car was un-driveable, i believe the rear axel broke from the looks of it b/c my wheel was totally bent inwards. towed the car to the body shop and called the insurance company which took down all the info.

I really hope they will total the car, but obviously there is not enough damage for that. I know the car will never be the same even after thousands of dollars will be spent on it to fixing it. but ill hope for the best for now.

here are some pics (sorry they're from my blackberry):

and here 1 of the car that hit me:

Last edited by dh784123; 10-27-09 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 02:35 PM
PHXSC
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer...good no body was hurt, though.
Was the damaged red car in the wreck, too?
Old 10-27-09, 02:39 PM
TooCoolSC
Lead Lap

Crap....

Glad you're okay though, dh. Please let us know what transpires.
Old 10-27-09, 02:42 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

It breaks my heart to see that. A rare 2007 Pebble Beach edition. It's a dream of mine to find one like that.

Hope everything works out for you!
Old 10-27-09, 03:01 PM
terrain
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH - sorry to hear about the crash. Where in CA did it happen?
How many miles on the PB?

I feel some of your pain - had someone rear-end my wife a month or so ago in our LS and we are still trying to get the paint match correct (Starfire).
Old 10-27-09, 03:01 PM
coupdabill
Driver School Candidate

Default So Sorry

Very sad Not good. Best of luck
Old 10-27-09, 03:54 PM
JohnnyCake
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah, that blows. And being stuck in a rental is NO FUN!!
Old 10-27-09, 04:39 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

DH-i am so sorry to hear about this-although thankful everyone was ok. It could have been much much worse. Cars are replaceable, you know?

Keep us posted-I hope the process is painless and "right" for you with insurance company. If the axle is bent I don't see how they could not total. Surely this caused the frame to bend too. If it's just the axle, rear suspension and the body panels they may not total due to the high cost of your car and current value.

Such a sad scene...one of my favorite SC's on CL.
Old 10-27-09, 04:57 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

Hope all goes smooth with your repair proccess. at least no one was injured, looks like the SC crashed a lot better than the accord.
Old 10-27-09, 05:06 PM
chauss
Driver

Make sure you get a loss of value payout from the insurance company included in your settlement. Some insurance companies automatically do this - some do not. But you are more than entitled to it since your vehicle is worth less after being repaired than it was before the accident.

Good Luck!
Old 10-27-09, 05:20 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Sorry to hear ...your car is beautiful, but replaceable you're not...hope all works out...
Old 10-27-09, 07:43 PM
dh784123
Driver

right after (literally 2 minutes later) this accident happened which involved me, the honda accord, and a guy on a suzuki bike, another accident happened at the same intersection. they were doing repairs on the stop lights and and they were off at that intersection, so we had to treat intersection as a 4 way stop sign and again someone failed to stop.

thank god no one was hurt, it happened in northridge, a couple blocks away from cal state univ northridge (i was coming back from school).
i only have 11,200 miles on the car! - bought the car with only 6,000 miles on it back in january for $43K ... im considering selling it after the repairs are done... but we'll c what happens. how much you guys think i can get for it after the repairs??

about the loss of value payout, how much do you think it'll be? what do i do? just ask for it? or do i gotta bother them for it? im insured by state farm.

i already called and made a claim with state farm (my insurance), (other guy has mercury) to let them deal with the hole thing- i hate getting involved with the other insurance company, but ive already ran into a problem b/c i found out that i had originally set up rental coverage on my sc430 as only $25 a day and $600 total max -stupid me
for gods sake, i drive (what use to be) a $70k car, and they wanna put me in a POC chevy aveo!
You guys think mayb i should call the other guys insurance and c what they say about getting me better rental rate?- is that even possible?

anyways, i already dropped the car at the body shop.. we'll c what they say about the damages. - also all the check vsc, check engine, and tmps lights came on, but im guessing that has something to do with the the axle.

body shop told me it would take around 2 weeks. ill keep you guys posted.
Old 10-27-09, 07:48 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

dude( i feel the pain in my throat im sorry man. but remember, it could have always gone worse and thankfully it did not go any worse.
Old 10-27-09, 07:56 PM
Jace_91
Pole Position

If the other driver was at fault his insurance should pay for you to have a rental car. When I was in an accident, I didn't have any rental coverage and the other drivers insurance still supplied me with a rental car.
Old 10-27-09, 08:05 PM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

The shame of it all is you never win regardless of the outcome. I had a rear ender on 400 gs when I went to trade car I lost 7500.00 because they would not be able to resell car as a cpo. I traded the gs 400 in on the 2005 pebble beach . I am glad your ok

Quick Reply: bad news ... got into an accident