SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Is it possible to raise the quarter windows?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-02, 03:04 PM
beachflip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Is it possible to raise the quarter windows?

Is there any way of raising the quarter windows in the back while the top is down? Tried going through the encyclopedia that came with the car but couldn't find anything.

It's been a bit cold up here the past week in northern CA but hopefully it looks like it will warm up this weekend. Added a pic of my car as well. This was taken a couple weeks ago off of 17 mile drive in Pebble Beach. Talk to you guys later.
Attached Thumbnails Is it possible to raise the quarter windows?-dsc00931.jpg  
Old 05-02-02, 07:02 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default me three!!!

I'd love to be able to do this too! Someone?!? Anyone?!?
Old 05-02-02, 07:24 PM
LexusSC430
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, lowering them would be more of something I wanted....If someone were to want to check. The wiring for those windows is probably under the driver side. Although I wouldnt know whether or not it was wired to the actual top....in that case new wire would probably have to be run. However if it is a seperate wire, you could check the hot wires with a test-light, but that would be pretty stupid. So heres the deal.......someone needs to get a hold of the wiring schematics for the car. Do they make a book for it yet? Any people work at dealers, or even car alarm place (the can usually get faxes from alarm companies detailing the wires) Basically all you would need to do was install a switch. Simple right?
Old 05-02-02, 07:26 PM
fletch
Driver School Candidate

Default yes, but...

Here's the good news: there is a way to raise the quarter windows with the top down. Look in the owners manual for the section that describes how to manually close the roof. One of the last steps describes how to close the quarter windows once the roof is closed. I experimented and found this step works even if the top is down. If I recall, it goes something like this, though you should really check the manual and not trust my memory:

1. turn the ignition from "on" to "off"
2. within 30 seconds of step 1, press the roof/trunk control button in the glovebox so it is deactivated (it's the button on the left)
3. on the rocker switch that raises/lowers the roof, press "open" and wait 1 second, press "open" again and wait 1 second, then press and hold "close"
4. the quarter windows will raise

Again, I'm not sure I exactly remember the sequence, but it's something like this. Check the manual.

Now the bad news: Once you start driving with the quarter windows up, the car will sense an error condition. It thinks you are driving with the roof in a partially open, unsecured position. Which means it will beep a constant warning tone until you return it to a fully open or fully closed configuration. If anyone knows how to silence this, I'd love to know...

As far as I know, there is no way to lower the quarter windows when the roof is closed.
Old 09-15-05, 11:27 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Hang tight guys and gals. We are almost done. We have the new LuxLink in a vehicle now and everything is working perfectly. Including the rear quarter windows up and down feature.
Old 09-16-05, 05:35 AM
Joe Peters
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, what about us that allready have a LuxLink.
Old 09-16-05, 08:22 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

For all of you that want the new LuxLink we will have a trade in value for you. If you send in your old LuxLink we will credit that towards the new one. I am not sure what the trade in value will be nor do I know how much the new LuxLInk will be at this time. I will know more in a few weeks.

Thanks again to everyone
Old 03-30-06, 06:22 AM
brianley
Driver School Candidate

Default Any update?

I went to the Luxury Motorworks website and it doesn't give any info about a new version of LuxLink (or sell the old one for that matter). Any update to where you are with this?
Old 03-30-06, 08:21 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont think their new version is outyet, last time I checked they said summer time it should be available.
Old 03-30-06, 08:30 AM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

We apologize for the delay. The new LuxLink is at the board house being developed as we speak. They had some trouble getting some back order parts to complete the units. We hope to have them sometime this month.
Thanks again for everyones patience.

Sincerely,
LMW
Old 03-30-06, 08:32 AM
tonydt1g3r
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm the month is almost over
Old 03-30-06, 11:09 AM
PROY
Rookie

I hope you guys will stock your shelves with them, I'll trade in my unit for the new just for the window option.
Old 03-30-06, 02:43 PM
sc430uk
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default hi steve

steve what about me in the UK who has the 1st gen luxlink? wil i have to send mine first or will you send me the new version and then when i send the old one back to you you will credit the difference? Regardless Put one to the Side for me, Regards Reece
Old 03-30-06, 05:47 PM
clubaddict
Driver

any other new luxlink features?
Old 08-10-08, 05:57 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Is Luxlink still in business?

CEO

Quick Reply: Is it possible to raise the quarter windows?