SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

how do you find the aluminum pedal covers on Sewell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-09, 05:02 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default how do you find the aluminum pedal covers on Sewell?

Okay....can't find them...how do you look up? Bob
Old 11-18-09, 08:29 PM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

Never seen SC aluminum pedals on Sewell. Only IS ones. The ones several of us bought and installed were from overseas, and I totally recommend! I have mine sitting in my garage waiting to be installed!

Here are the Sewell ones you perhaps are thinking of...sometimes they are listed on their home page when you go to their site:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=88778

Here is a link to the ones I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

They are the real deal. May take a little while to come in (Taiwan), but very nice quality. I got the idea from CL a couple of years ago. Nice aluminum with rubber not slip bumps and engraved Lexus logo. Good price too.
Old 11-19-09, 04:24 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Every time we go to Sewell, we have a hard time getting the site to show us what we are searching for..Bob wants to know how you do this!

He wants to take all the parts from The Lady and put them on his red car!
The black out grill, the aluminum pedals, the cover for the back seats and the tuner kit.
Old 11-19-09, 07:14 AM
loveslexus
The Dog Whisperer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Why is there 4 pedels shown for an automatic?
Old 11-19-09, 09:10 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

Brake pedaL
Throttle pedal
emergency brake pedal
ffot rest pedal [ covers the rubber floor trim that you rest your left foot on ]
Old 11-19-09, 09:16 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, here is a pic of the pedals I put in both our SC 430's, I got them off E-bay from the Orient and love them, nice quality. After putting them on our first SC when I bought the silver one I could hardly stand driving it without the aluminum pedals! And the price was right.
Attached Thumbnails how do you find the aluminum pedal covers on Sewell?-p9120046.jpg  
Old 11-20-09, 08:29 PM
scdroptop

great pic mdpuff! mrblister and I ordered the same

I am going to install mine this weekend...but I am going to add a little spice to them (as long as mrblister doesn't have a patent on it) to make them pop with our PB interiors!

I believe you did the original write up on the install, didn't you mdpuff??

They look great BTW. How do they hold up long term? Any words of wisdom on the install for me other than measure twice, drill once?
Old 11-20-09, 08:32 PM
scdroptop

Bob/Katy-are you guys seriously needing some help with the website, or are you joking about the parts from the lady? Is she the F-Sport model lady? I haven't seen her.

Sounds delightful though!

If we are talking parts and websites still, let me know if you were talking about the F-sport aluminum pedals or are you trying to find something else.

Totally recommend the above pedals that mdpuff shows you. I am going to install this weekend and take pics. Can't wait!!!
Old 11-20-09, 10:31 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Installation is pretty straight forward, just make sure you have a good supply of 1/8" drill bits as you will break some. The hardest ones to get to are the 2 top ones on the brake pedal. I located the pedal cover low on the brake pedal, drilled the bottom holes then pushed the brake pedal down as far as I could to better access the top holes, just started drilling to mark the top spots then removed the cover to finish the drilling. I had a chunk of 2"x4" that I put between the front of the seat and the pedal, ran the seat froward to push the pedal down so it was easier to drill the top holes. It wasn't too bad a job and well worth it, the pedals seem to last well the rubber nubs stick through the metal far enough that your foot doesn't really make much contact with the metal part so they don't get much wear. I luv them, they make a huge difference in the looks of the interior!!
Old 11-21-09, 06:32 AM
mrblister
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 56 Posts

I plan on installing mine this weekend, I have a 90 degree drill that I will use should make the job easier. I will be using high speed sharp drill bits so I should only break a few . I am waiting for the red epoxy paint I used on the engraved logos to dry. Really make the pedals pop since my interior is red . I am hoping that i can finish this weekend .
Old 11-21-09, 01:06 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by scdroptop
Never seen SC aluminum pedals on Sewell. Only IS ones. The ones several of us bought and installed were from overseas, and I totally recommend! I have mine sitting in my garage waiting to be installed!

Here are the Sewell ones you perhaps are thinking of...sometimes they are listed on their home page when you go to their site:

http://www.sewellpartsonline.com/par...l.asp?id=88778

Here is a link to the ones I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LEXUS...Q5fAccessories

They are the real deal. May take a little while to come in (Taiwan), but very nice quality. I got the idea from CL a couple of years ago. Nice aluminum with rubber not slip bumps and engraved Lexus logo. Good price too.

I never used eBay. Is it a bid that starts at $50? Or is it to buy at $50? And then another $25 for shipping?
Old 11-21-09, 01:52 PM
scdroptop

yep, you will probably win it at $50...total cost $75. Probably take a couple of weeks to get to US from Taiwan