SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC pics : Front aero kit by Artisan

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-10, 07:07 PM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by talwang
If they look the same to you, they look the same to you.
Not to me or some of the members here anyway.
I also think JobDesign kit looks much better on an 06+.

Hi talwang,

I read your reply to me and was a little confused thinking you were replying to the wrong person.

I never said they (the older and newer SC430) looked the same. Never said you or I can't tell the difference.

I was only saying why the newer model looked nicer than the older model SC430's with the Artisan bumpers. In other words, if the older model's Artisan bumper were also painted black in that small area under the fog lights, and the grille was also painted black, and if the lighting were the same as in the pic with the newer car, then I think the older model would looks soooo much more "stunning" than what it looks like w/o these changes. I think the older model would then look equally as good as the newer model, but not equally the same.

Pick a color you hate the most on the SC430 and picture it on a stock newer SC430 (but with the older rims on it). Now pick your favorite color on a stock older SC430 and picture it. I'm guessing you would think the older one looks better. It's the color that makes it looks nicer, not the grille and other little things.

I also hope you don't take this as a confrontation. As I don't see it being as such from you
Old 07-14-10, 11:14 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No disrespect to any of you SC430 owners and lovers here. With the exception of a very few SC430's, such as Billy's black ride in Central Florida, I have never ever been much of a fan of the SC430. I have felt it was too rounded, and seemed much more of a female executive's cruiser, than a Man's sport coupe. I am looking at buying another Lexus later this year, and am probably going with a 2007 LS460 as a daily driver. I am finally nearing the completion of my very, very long project on my Twin Turbo SC400. I have put massive amounts of time in design and engineering, invested a whole lot of money, plus tons of effort and love into my project. So much so that I now do not want to daily drive this car anymore. So, that is why I need a new DD.

Then, I came upon this thread by accident, and I have just fallen in love with the SC430. I love the Artisan kit on the car. I like the whole thing, front and rear. It makes the 430 very agressive looking, and very much like a man's power sport coupe. It almost makes me want to pull my Twin Turbo motor from my 400 and swap it into a 430 Artisan kitted car. Of course I will not do that, but now I may start looking for a 430, and an Artisan kit, but I would have to Twin Turbo the car and build the transmission in order for me to be content. Damn!! Not another project!! I may actually condsider it. Again, I love the kit, but the whole car has to be black. Looks good... I love the pics below:

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-14-10 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-15-10, 12:23 AM
Peter_Klim
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400TT
No disrespect to any of you SC430 owners and lovers here. With the exception of a very few SC430's, such as Billy's black ride in Central Florida, I have never ever been much of a fan of the SC430. I have felt it was too rounded, and seemed much more of a female executive's cruiser, than a Man's sport coupe. I am looking at buying another Lexus later this year, and am probably going with a 2007 LS460 as a daily driver. I am finally nearing the completion of my very, very long project on my Twin Turbo SC400. I have put massive amounts of time in design and engineering, invested a whole lot of money, plus tons of effort and love into my project. So much so that I now do not want to daily drive this car anymore. So, that is why I need a new DD.

Then, I came upon this thread by accident, and I have just fallen in love with the SC430. I love the Artisan kit on the car. I like the whole thing, front and rear. It makes the 430 very agressive looking, and very much like a man's power sport coupe. It almost makes me want to pull my Twin Turbo motor from my 400 and swap it into a 430 Artisan kitted car. Of course I will not do that, but now I may start looking for a 430, and an Artisan kit, but I would have to Twin Turbo the car and build the transmission in order for me to be content. Damn!! Not another project!! I may actually condsider it. Again, I love the kit, but the whole car has to be black. Looks good... I love the pics below:

Attach some pics or throw in some links to where we can see your SC!
Old 07-15-10, 12:35 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter_Klim
Attach some pics or throw in some links to where we can see your SC!
Up late tonight...

Here are a few pics, a mod list, and a link to my very long thread in CL: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...oject-car.html. As soon as I complete this project, I will start a new thread and link them together. The thread just got too long...

Here is a link to a video of the Cold start and engine idle tune, Final tune pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NbhSP92vf8.

SC400TT setup:
A. Engine
·Built, Balanced and Blueprinted Toyota/Lexus V8, 4.1 Liter, aluminum block 1UZFE
·Custom installed Toyota/Lexus 2UZFE Oil Cylinder Injectors
·Custom made Ross Forged Pistons, 8.5:1 compression
·Pauter single rib Chrome-moly Forged Rods and studs
·Graphite race main bearings
· (8) 900 CC Delphi injectors
·ARP Head Studs
·Polished/Powder-coated Upper and Lower Intake that have had the runners ported and scuffed
·Heads have been ported and polished on the exhaust, and ported and scuffed on the intake
·Dual In-Tank Walbro 255 Fuel Pumps
·MVP twin Zirgo Aluminum Shrouded Low profile fans
·Greddy Catch can
·Koyo Aluminum Radiator
·Cool-Flex radiator tubes
·Aeromotive Fuel Pressure fuel regulator
·WolfKatz Custom fuel Rails
·Polished and Powder coated valve covers
B. Turbo setup
·Dual Polished Bullseye Power S256 Turbos with Polished Stainless Steel Turbine Housings and integrated WG
·TurboSmart 50 MM BOV
·Autronic SM4 Stand Alone ECU V1.09 Software
·Phoenix Tuning Custom Designed and Developed Plug-N-Play Harness
·Greddy PROFEC B-SPEC 2 Boost controller
·Custom Garrett Core FMIC
·Defi-Link Control Unit II with EGT, Boost Pressure, Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure Gauges
·Innovate Lambda Wideband O2 Sensor and gauge and dedicated AEM 3 BAR MAP Sensor
·AquaMist Meth/Water injection System
C. Transmission
·BoostLogic race built transmission Toyota/Lexus 4 speed Auto Transmission
·B&M Transmission cooler
·Precision Industries Dragon Torque converter with 2800 stall
·TRD LSD Stock 3.23 gears
·PCS Stand Alone Transmission Controller custom wired to Lexus GS 3-spoke steering wheel with E-shift.
D. Plumbing
·Custom Built Reverse Flow Stainless Steel Headers
·3” Custom Stainless Front-Mount Y-pipe with Stainless Flex tube converging into 3" Custom Stainless Down pipe, exhaust splits off into Dual 3” pipes
· (2) Greddy Stainless mufflers
E. Exterior
·New Custom PPG Global Black exterior paint job
·Custom Fabricated Aston Martin DBS Hood Cooling Vents
·Custom made and designed Billet Aluminum Emblems. Car re-badged as SC400TT, Billet V8TT front fender badges, and Billet LEXUS Emblem
F. Big Brakes
·Custom Front/rear Wilwood Brake Big Brake package
G. Suspension
·TEIN FLEX Coilovers, TEIN EDFC
·Daizen Bushings
H. Interior
·Lexus Black Leather interior swap with Perforated center panels for front and rear seats
·Custom Charcoal Perforated Suede headliner with matching visors and rear deck
·Custom Gauge pod
·Custom installed stereo system including Pioneer AVIC Z2 GPS NAV, Bluetooth and back-up camera, (10) MB Quart Speakers, and (1) 10” JL Sub. (2) Alpine V12 Amps
·Trunk Relocated Optima Yellow Top Battery and Billet Battery Case
I. Lighting
·I wanted to really customize my headlights plus modernize they look and give them a feel like what you see with the LED’s on the new Audi R8, and S5. The first Gen modification of the headlights were a complete HID retrofit with the installation of an Audi TT HID lens and projector with a BMW Xenon ring that fills the bezel and provides a complete OEM look. The lights maintain full adjustability. I have now taken them several steps further by adding a clear lens cover, replacing the city light with a secondary projector that illuminates with LEDs, and I have added a row of special 360 degree LED’s along the bottom of the lens housing. These LED’s are stealth until they are fired up, and they make a nice clean statement. The separate high beams and fogs are being matched up with these new headlights. The tails are also being retrofitted with an Audi/Aston Martin type LED design.
J. Wheels
·20” IForged high polish, 3-piece Classics

K. Pics

Kind Regards,
Ryan Allen

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-15-10 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-17-10, 10:29 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
Up late tonight...

Here are a few pics, a mod list, and a link to my very long thread in CL: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...oject-car.html. As soon as I complete this project, I will start a new thread and link them together. The thread just got too long...
Looking forward to what you will do on the SC430.

Here is another pic of that black SC430 and also a pic of a 06+ SC with that ARS kit.

Old 07-17-10, 12:19 PM
Emackny
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hands down.. the best pic of the sc with this kit yet. IMHO
Old 07-18-10, 08:35 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Very nice and aggressive looking sc430. Any back view of the kit???