SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

02 sc suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-10, 10:14 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default suspension bushings

Talwang....I looked all over and could find replacements....if these are available, should share price and availability with members...thank you for your reply. Bob
Old 01-01-10, 10:28 AM
VVTiBob

Received 269 Likes on 204 Posts

I believe the reference is to this company: http://www.daizensporttuning.com/model/lexus-sc.html

I emailed them a couple of days ago looking for a retailer and recommended mechanic in the San Diego area .... no response. May be due to the holidays.
Old 01-01-10, 10:33 AM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I ordered them via this link below.
It seems a few CL members have issues with TM, so I didn't post the link.

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html
Old 01-01-10, 10:36 AM
intdiamond
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VVTiBob
I believe the reference is to this company: http://www.daizensporttuning.com/model/lexus-sc.html

I emailed them a couple of days ago looking for a retailer and recommended mechanic in the San Diego area .... no response. May be due to the holidays.
They have the worst customer service this side of the sun. They NEVER answer. NEVER. Also, the parts are NEVER immediately available and they take months and months and months to get. I know two different people who ordered sways through one of their authorized sellers, were told it takes 4-6wks to get them, and they're still waiting. That was well over a year ago.

AND before their authorized seller gets their panties in a bunch over my post, PROVE ME WRONG.
Old 01-02-10, 07:42 AM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Thanks for the heads up!
Bob
Old 01-02-10, 06:55 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bushing issue.

I have been following this post from the start and I am very inerested in the bushing issue. Since I have 2 SC's both 2002 I believe the bushings might have gone bad. Won't know for sure till spring when I put them back on the road. My question is this, if anyone has an old control arm lying around with a bad bushing I would be willing to pay shipping to get it to me. I want to remove the old bushing and see if I can obtain urethane bushings by size to fit in the Lexus control arm. I have been doing some research on urethane bushings and they come in a wide variety of sizes and I'm pretty sure I can find some that fit. If this can be done then it would make a world of difference in the durability and handling of our cars. Being a cerified mechanic I like to tinker and modify my cars and if I can get an old control arm to try and find bushings for it would save me alot of time rather than having to tear one of my cars apart and have it sit around in pieces while I'm locating the bushings. In the end if I am successful this would help out alot of members who want to upgrade their suspension for better ride and handling.
Old 01-07-10, 02:11 PM
talwang

Received the bushng kits from TM promptly.
No issue and it took only 4 business days.

Old 01-07-10, 03:34 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

TM shipped my bushings two days after I placed my order so I'm very pleased. I only going to use the Caster bushings on the lower control arm and the steering rack bushings to see if I solve some of the looseness that I'm experiencing. Since I live in the midwest where its often cold I'm concerned about squeaking with the urethane bushings in the parts that really move around.
Old 01-07-10, 04:53 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Boy I must really be behind the times, I did not know that anyone made urethane bushings for the SC. Do I feel stupid! Can you share the wealth? Let us know where to order these bushings and how much they cost? Would be greatly appreciated!

mdpuff
Old 01-07-10, 07:49 PM
Bon
Advanced

Originally Posted by mdpuff
Boy I must really be behind the times, I did not know that anyone made urethane bushings for the SC. Do I feel stupid! Can you share the wealth? Let us know where to order these bushings and how much they cost? Would be greatly appreciated!

mdpuff
This link http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html shows you what's available: Sway bar, steering rack, control arm bushings and more.
Old 01-07-10, 09:12 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Thanks a million Bon, I know what I'll be doing in the spring! Like I don't have enough to do already!
Old 01-08-10, 06:03 AM
Bon
Advanced

These links will give you plenty to read over the winter as you consider modifying your suspension:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...k-bushing.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-question.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...aizen-diy.html
Old 01-08-10, 09:17 PM
mdpuff
Driver

Thanks so much Bon, this info really helps. I think I will use a hole saw to cut out the old bushings then air chisel to take out the sleeve. You guys rock!!
Old 01-09-10, 08:18 AM
talwang

Originally Posted by Bon
TM shipped my bushings two days after I placed my order so I'm very pleased. I only going to use the Caster bushings on the lower control arm and the steering rack bushings to see if I solve some of the looseness that I'm experiencing. Since I live in the midwest where its often cold I'm concerned about squeaking with the urethane bushings in the parts that really move around.
The Daizen grease is very amazing stuff.
Definitely use it when you install the bushings.