SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Irony- temptation of cars and religion

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-10, 06:07 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Another response

The Bible teaches us to be good stewards of what resources we have. We all know when we are spending (and not saving) excessively. Dosen't matter what car you buy. Just use common sense...and we all have an internal voice on this....just get quiet and listen.... Bob
Old 01-25-10, 06:17 PM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

To ionfrank, put more in the plate.
Old 01-25-10, 06:44 PM
Glock3540
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TooCoolSC is correct. I have read the Bible completely through over 10 times in 8 different translations. It does not state anywhere outright that credit is a sin.
I believe that as a whole it strongly implys for us to be debt free in all aspects of
our lives.

We sometimes fool ourselves into thinking that something is "ours" while we are paying payments on it. IT IS NOT! If you doubt this, quit paying someone else for THEIR CAR and eventually they will send someone to get THEIR CAR From You! LOL! I cannot stand borrowing someone elses car unless I absolutely have to. I am uneasy until I return it.
I feel the same way on anything I have ever "owed" on. I am admiring and using something that someone else owns...

I am 47 yrs old and both my wife and I are middle managers.
We are debt free including our house. One of the ways WE have done this is we purchase as much as we can used. It makes good business sense.
(Attention all you single guys; the women may like your new Vette, that takes almost all of your disposable income, for awhile but most women will admire you more if you make good solid financial decisions. Trust Me, My wife is a stunning 5'10" blonde)
I did not drive "bombs" either. I drove a red 67' Fastback big block Mustang in High School. I have owned other nice cars also. All but one were purchased used. I special ordered an 88' 5.0 Convertible Stang and payed for it with payments. It made me sick to think of how much I owed someone else for using their car until I could get it paid for!

We also tithe and have personally seen how God has blessed us more now with "our" 90% than we did with "our" 100%. He does say to test or "prove" Him exactly once in the Bible. Read Malachi 3:10. Actually read 3: verses 8 thru 11 for an eye opener!

Not wanting to start or contribute to any kind of argument and I mean to offend no one, just sharing what I have seen and experienced work for me and what I have seen not work.

I do not have the available cash (that is how I know if I can afford something or not, If I can pay for it now) and I do not want to touch any retirement investments (big tax penalties!) to purchase my dream car...., A 2006/2007 SC430!
I really WANT this car!
I hate to say it but I have lusted over this purchase! I have test driven one!
MY SIN is letting it consume me somewhat and obsessing over it.
You all in this forum have fueled this obsession! Thank Guys! Just kidding,... I really appreciate all your advice and one day, if the Lord tarries ,hopefully I will own one of these beauties!
Actually, I hope to buy this car in the next year or so, and maybe earlier, but I will not go into debt for it.
Again I mean to offend no one, just stating what has worked for me and my family.

Blessings,
Brian

Last edited by Glock3540; 01-25-10 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-26-10, 03:38 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lonfrank
comment: what's w/all this nissan suv/station wagon bs???!!! thought this was a sc only forum. my LORD lead me to my dream machine/my pastor said when i really get the word i'l leave all my sins & the world behind me. i still lookin' for that day BUT i'v got my dream machine. you can check my dm out, she's park' in my garage. regards, lonfrank
, thought my SC was my dream machine , until I saw the LFA !
Old 01-26-10, 08:05 AM
VVTiBob

Received 267 Likes on 203 Posts

Hmmmmmm the LFA..... now that will take a while to save up enough duckets to pay for that sweeeeeeeet ride.
Old 01-26-10, 04:23 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

My final dream car will be a 2010 black on black SC 430..or 2009.. I still love the cassette player!
Katy
Old 01-30-10, 05:15 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by azkaty
My final dream car will be a 2010 black on black SC 430..or 2009.. I still love the cassette player!
Katy
Katy, you need any 8tracks ?
Old 01-30-10, 08:57 AM
scdroptop

Received 50 Likes on 22 Posts

i still have a huge box of cassette tapes that I can't play in anything anymore but my SC

I am thinking about having a retro day and digging them out someday as well as my atari asteroids game and pac man along with my members only jacket and levis cords!!!
Old 01-30-10, 03:17 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scdroptop
i still have a huge box of cassette tapes that I can't play in anything anymore but my SC

I am thinking about having a retro day and digging them out someday as well as my atari asteroids game and pac man along with my members only jacket and levis cords!!!
When did my members only jacket go out of style ??
Old 01-30-10, 03:57 PM
azkaty
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tromly
Katy, you need any 8tracks ?
You are a good friend Tromly.. I could not take your 8 tracks from you!!

Katy
Old 01-30-10, 05:16 PM
VVTiBob

Received 267 Likes on 203 Posts

Wait a sec....what are friends for if they're not gonna help when your stuck in 60's