SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Someone Stole........

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-02, 07:08 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Stole........

Someone stole my valve covers for my tires. I looked down today while washing my car and noticed that one was missing and thought that I might have forgotten to replace after checking the pressure but then I looked and all four were gone...They were nice metal ones. I liked them, I guess I will have to look for a new set...Anyone else had them taken?

Damn theives...
Old 05-26-02, 08:21 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was at Yorkdale Mall about 2 weeks ago and some little rugrat was stealing my valve stem covers for his bike.. Luckily I saw him in time and yelled out at the little SOB and he dropped them and took off.. I was more worried he scratched the car but someone should make locking valve stem covers to prevent this from happening.. Maybe i'll do a net search and see if such a product exisits..
Old 05-26-02, 08:25 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think someone should just make these at 4/$1 and sell them at every gas station...that way, there's no REASON to steal them...
Old 05-27-02, 12:52 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Thats intresting. I have been at that mall several times in the past few months, but I guess they could have been taken from anywhere. I would like to get a new set, Lexus should sell some, I once had VW ones that had a silver and black VW on the ends, they were very nice....maybe some with a "L" on them would be nice.....Let me know if you find any on the net...
Old 05-27-02, 01:53 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DropTop430,

Not sure if you go to Square One or not.. But there is a store called Car Buffs on the 1st floor and they have really nice chrome Lexus valve stem covers.. The "L" has a 3D look to it.. Cost is like $6.75.. If I find the packaging i'll take a pic for you.. I think the company who makes them is Universal Brass Inc if my memory serves me correct..

Hope that helps!

Ken
Old 05-27-02, 06:15 PM
pot_head
Driver

mine got stolen too. 2 of them only at a local pool hall parking lot. im so tempted to steal someone elses 'chromies' but i dont wanna get caught and have ppl say, "look, this guy drives a $100k car with $10k wheels and is stealing ppl's chromies worth 5 bucks."
Old 05-27-02, 07:01 PM
DropTop430
Driver

Didn't all of our mothers or teachers for that matter tell us that 2 wrongs don't make a right....

Just kidding but stealing someone's isn't the answer..

I'll just buy some more. I would use plastic ones and paint them silver/chrome but I was told by someone that the rubber ones do much more harm than good to the valve stems...

I do go to Square One and know of that store, I will pick up a set soon, thanks for the tip 2SAVVY...

Just for fun I am going to see how much Lexus wants to order some in for me. I highly doubt that the ones that they would provide me would be no better than any of the after market ones I could find....
Old 05-28-02, 09:50 AM
WJSOLOMON
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy "DISAPPEARING ACT..........................."

If it makes you guys feel any better, it even happened to my while down here in the Sarasota area, driving a Bright Red Mitsubishi Spyder GS Rental Car - kids on bikes!

For my SC, I went into the local Michelon Dealer, and just bought a dozen of their Hex-Head Chrome with soft rubber interior seals, and tightened 'em on down with a wrench. So far so good! I'll bet there are a lot of little 'sore fingers' out there cruisen' the sidewalks with their Bikes, Boards, and Blades.

Hey Gene, after wahing the Red Mitsu Convertible with some ZAINO Car Wash I left down here for my SC, I finished it off with soem Z7 Gloss Enhancer. Man - now those Cross-Laced Alloy Wheels REALLY hurt your eyes when the Sun Light hits em'!

Local Cop pulled me over the other night, cruisen' along with the top down and the CD from the Gladiator at Full Extended Range (NO-NO, Russell Crowe's Movie, not the **** Flick Dudes),and under a Full Moon, for what he claimed was creating a 'common nuisance'.......... too much moon light reflecting off of those Alloy Wheels with the Zaino on 'em!!??!!

(Could Have Happened!)

That stuff was made to order for Japanese Paints!

SOLO-1

Last edited by WJSOLOMON; 05-28-02 at 10:03 AM.
Old 05-31-02, 03:15 PM
therocker
Rookie

add me to the list of those who's valve covers were stolen. I realized it while I was washing my car tonight. Parts guy UPSed me the valves for free.